• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

do you still take your 3DS out and about?

do you?

• I take my 3DS everywhere I go!

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • I do, but not all the time.

Votes: 43 30.9%
  • I used to, but not anymore.

Votes: 73 52.5%
  • I never did.

Votes: 14 10.1%
  • Other (explain!)

Votes: 1 0.7%

• Total voters
I used to all the time, but I no longer play my 3ds. I’ve since moved on to the Switch.

I used to in college, but I had to stop when my bag started getting a bit too heavy :( I got quite a few consistent streetpasses! and whatever the streetpass equivalent in ACNL was. Now I don't because the chances of me streetpassing anyone is next to none.

I used to in university and comic cons to try and get StreetPasses. Unfortunately I got my 3DS pretty late in its life, so I didn't have much luck 😅

When I had my 3DS, I used to take it around a lot (especially to conventions for street passes). It was my go-to companion for commutes, and I often brought it to campus to play during downtime. Lots of great memories!

If I still had it, I doubt I'd take it around much anymore. I'd rather give my eyes a break.

I actually just got my battery fixed on my 3ds so I'm going to start taking it places for street pass!
When I was younger, my 3ds was basically glued to my hands. I took it everywhere. School, store, sleep, everything.

I never really took it out much in the first place. I prefer to keep my handhelds at home, which I guess is kind of ironic.

I never really took it out much in the first place. I prefer to keep my handhelds at home, which I guess is kind of ironic.
Same. I think I took it with me from time to time when I knew I had a really long wait, but other than that I usually never took my stuff out with me. I did take mine with me last year in November when I went to Florida, but that was mostly to use during downtime when my sister and I weren't going out to Disney/Universal for a period of time. I might've gotten 15/30 minutes a day of use a day if that.

I used to bring my 3DS all the time when I went to the city for a shopping day I haven't gone recently but I would like to try again to see if I could find anyone haha

I sold all of my 3DSs a long time ago. I needed money and so I caved in. Unfortunately, I regret it now looking back on it but at the time I thought it was the best decision. If I still had a 3DS I wouldn't play it in public though. I like to play games in private.

I never really took it out much to begin with. Nowadays, I take my Switch if I travel somewhere, but I don't take it out that often either

Sometimes I bring it around-- for example, when traveling long distances, especially for vacations-- but usually I do not. I think the last time I did that was the start of June.

I bring not only my 3DS with me everywhere, but my NDS too! I even named them LOL

Hugh is my blue 3DS, then Norma is my pink NDS c: Love them both very much and I feel weird if they’re not in my purse.

I used to take my 3DS out a lot! I got lots of street passes. Conventions were crazy. Ngl I really miss it, as well as other aspects of the 3DS including the 3D! (Yes I was one of the people who actually loved the 3D.) I have tons of nostalgia for the 3DS and especially Steetpass - I have even had a very specific comic concept in my head for (like four) years now called "Steetpass Plaza", set in a tiny village at the edge of a big city in 2013 where a friend group forms that plays Pokémon XY on the 3DS, competing in bigger tournaments as well.

I do, even tho I don't go out much, I think I've only gotten 3 streetpasses this year! I wish the Switch had something similar, even more so considering how many more people own one!

Seconding the whole "I got my 3DS late" sentiment. I don't think I've ever gotten a StreetPass?

i almost always have my n3dsxl on me, which i bought after borrowing my sisters original 3ds for a little bit. i don't own a switch, there isn't a single switch exclusive game that has appealed to me in the slightest. i never got to have a 3ds until recently and when i had a dsi while the dsi was current i was never able to get many games for it. there's a existentially huge backlog of games that the 3ds can either run natively or emulated that i am really looking forward to playing, and i've gotten incredible mileage out of it already playing blue rescue team, pokemon platinum, acnl, bravely default... so on

I love the 3DS and I really do take it with me pretty much everywhere. On small trips I put it in sleep mode so I can build up playcoins for fortune cookies in Animal Crossing. If I think I might have to wait at like a doctor's office or on a plane ride, it'll definitely be there to play with. I just love the 3DS!

I don't really take any of my portable gaming consoles out and about. I just use them at home. I do have my galaxy new 3DS XL though still and all the games I had with it, there's still a bunch of stuff on there I plan on playing :)

Back