• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

do you like to travel?

do you?

• Total voters

xSuperMario64x

Canadian at heart 💜🇨🇦
Bells
Switch
8558-0128-9692
Island
He/him
Purple Hybrid Rose
Blue Hybrid Hyacinth
Golden Watering Can
White Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
White Rose
White Rose
I personally love traveling! in fact, I especially love to travel alone. it's very exciting and liberating for me. I'm not much of a homebody at all; don't get me wrong, I can enjoy my time at home, but I honestly feel at home anywhere I go.

I'm still pretty young so I haven't done much traveling, but I'm hoping to visit every continent at some point (probably excluding Antarctica though, I get cold so easily djfhjdgh). I live in and have traveled around the eastern United States, and I've been to Ontario (specifically in and around Toronto/London), but I'd love to go out and see the western US, and travel to places like Germany, Scotland/UK, Japan, Australia, South Africa, Mexico, and more!

also I apologize if a thread like this already exists, I tried to search for it and the latest one I found was last posted in almost two years ago. an update is due I think!

Yes, I like to travel out of town, experience the cities, and spend the night. However, I prefer not to leave the United States. I would travel to another state though.

I’m hoping to visit all 50 states within my lifetime.

Travelling is life ✈️

I have travelled mostly in the Americas. South America is obvious and I have to 2/3 of it. I really like the Caribbean islands like Aruba and the Dominican. Panama is a personal favourite of mine. The historic Panama City is really nice. I went to Mexico for the honeymoon but not to the Yucatan where most go. Mexico City will always have a special place in my heart 🇲🇽. There are many states in the US I have gone to but I am not really interested in Canada. I would like to go to Europe but only to the southern countries like Spain, Portugal, France, Italy, Greece, Croatia and maybe Albania. I have no interest in Africa or some parts of Asia. In Asia, I really want to go to Japan, Korea and parts of southeast Asia, like Vietnam and Thailand. Australia, New Zealand and the South Pacific seem nice but I feel like they would drain my money.

I don't like traveling. My family is dysfunctional and it's almost impossible for us to take a trip without something going wrong. (hell, we can hardly go for a single night out to a restaurant without someone blowing up).

I don't blame the traveling aspect of it, because on the rare instance things go normally, I do enjoy myself. Those experiences are few and far between.

i love travelling, only if i have the opportunity to do whatever i want. i hate time restrictions some people set up when travelling like "oh we need to do this at this time, then that at that time, then after THAT we'll do THIS at THIS time" etc etc. i wanna travel and chill and do things at my own pace. i also get exhausted easy so i don't want someone forcing me to get up and go every 5 mins.

I love traveling and wish I could do more of it! I have been to the UK and Japan. Both were a lot of fun and I’d love to explore Europe more and go back to Japan.

I like travelling, though not for more than a week or two. Sometimes travelling can be stressful, especially with other family members. Also, I don't like being forced to travel somewhere, but otherwise I think it's fun to visit different places around the world.

I've been to several states in America, mainly on the east coast where I'm from. I even appreciate visiting various towns here in CA. And while I haven't traveled to any country internationally other than Qatar, I'd love to visit the UK, France, Italy, and Turkey.

I've only ever left British Columbia twice in my whole life. One time as a kid to go to Disneyland and once to go to Alberta. My parents were never into traveling so I think it got passed onto me. We would just camp within the province. Maybe I need to get out more but then who's gonna watch my cats

I hate it. I ******* hate it. 💢

I am a homebody. I am not saying people should just be stuck at home 24/7, but I prefer casual activities like going to a store, restaurant, etc. and other forms of day trips.

Traveling is too much for me and I hate being out of my comfort zone. Unfortunately, my family likes it. I love my family, but I don't like how they like traveling. I am not trying to bash their opinion, but sometimes families can be inconsiderate and force it on their family members, without taking into consideration they some of them may actually prefer chilling at home and doing casual things outside the house that don't require the BS like packing/unpacking, getting there, sleeping with family, etc. NTM, having to go to the bathroom, but there isn't one for miles. My dad has been known to invalidate my hatred for vacations/traveling because I am NEET, and because I do not have to do much (but still, packing and unpacking over and over again is tiring). Thankfully, when my dad and my brother plan sporting trips, I am able to stay home, but in terms of certain "family vacations", as my dad calls them, I have to get involved in the rigmarole.

I cannot help but envy (homebody) people in families who are either perfectly fine with just doing casual activities together, or who do not make vacations an obligatory thing. THAT right there is the issue. If my family wants to take vacations and so some traveling, I say more power to them! The issue I have is that some families (including mine) put so much importance on vacations to the point where it is an obligation rather than something fun we can go do IF we want.

My grandparents are going on this massive cruise this Summer. THANK GOD, it's just gonna be them...I believe.

My dad has also been very confusing about the whole California bull****.
One moment he said he plans to take us...then he says he might not...then he goes back...
He told me I would only have to go to those yearly "mandatory" family vacations, yet he also threatens to force me to go to California.

My dad claims he is a home body, but I do not know if that is quuuuite true. I guess I can kind of see it, but I feel like most if it is just because of his job. I feel like he will like traveling more when he retires in the next decade. I am very skeptical of that, as I worry he will force me to travel if he decides to. I cannot predict when I am able to live on my own, because there is a lot of **** I need to figure out and need to have my dad as my guardian for the time being. If I need to live with my dad for that much longer, I am hoping he will just travel with my brother and respect my boundaries.

EDIT: I also wanted to say...I love eating out, but it defeats the purpose during vacations/traveling. Due to my adjustment issues, I usually do not have much of an appetite during those circumstances.... 😔

Yes. I love it. I especially like traveling by train and sometimes bus travel. The concept of bus travel — and I’m referring to coach bus travel, not public transit — is nice. However, I’m not a fan of the types of people you sometimes come across, especially on the Greyhound bus. I’m also not a fan of them more recently implementing assigned seating, so I’ll likely not be using them in the near future unless it’s necessary. If given a choice, I always choose the train.

I tend to enjoy the journey more than the actual destination. It’s sort of the reason I enjoy those longer commutes. I can honestly say that planes are my least favorite method to travel. It’s full of people just wanting to get to their destination. I feel like I vibe most with train travelers. I end up being friendly with the groups of Amish people that you
always see on the train. I’ve learned more from talking with them than I ever would have from any book or lesson in school. It’s on my bucket list to visit Sarasota, an Amish community, in Florida. I’ve learned that they are perfectly okay with outsiders and welcome you with open arms as a visitor in their community. They are amazing people if you take the time to get to know them.

In short, I love traveling, and I love long distance Amtrak train trips.

I absolutely love traveling, and if time and money were no longer an issue I'd likely spend a significant portion of my life traveling around. My personal favorite mode of transport is by train, and I've taken several vacations on Amtrak over the last couple years and have another big one coming up at the end of the month. I also really enjoy flying and road trips too. For me, I prefer the act of traveling over the destinations themselves, though I do also like exploring and learning about the cities I end up in during my trips. I very strongly prefer to travel alone. Traveling with companions, especially family, tends to turn into very stressful ordeals that often kill the mood of the trip, whereas when I travel solo I feel more free than at any other time in my life.

I've never left the United States unfortunately, and I've only made it East of Chicago, Illinois one time for just a couple days, but I hope to be able to travel internationally at some point in the near future. Until then, I already have one trip on lock (Amtrak for two days from Los Angeles, California to Dallas, Texas to see the total solar eclipse, followed by Amtrak overnight to Chicago, Illinois and a 3 day Amtrak ride back to California via Colorado and the Rocky Mountains), and a couple of others that are deep in the planning process (one entirely on Amtrak and one mixed service to Alaska), but are on hold until I find out what my whole job situation will be like in the coming months.

While I am generally an introverted homebody, I do enjoy going to and experiencing new places. I don't really enjoy the actual traveling part so much as actually being at the destination though. I can't speak to how frequently I'd ideally like to travel since it's a very infrequent thing, usually years between trips. I've thus far only been to 5 other states aside from my home state, 6 or 7 if you count traveling through a state without stopping, which I didn't. I've not yet traveled outside the contiguous United States. I'm not all that interested in going to all 50 states as some sort of bucket list or anything, though there are likely certain places within states that I'd like to check out. I'd be more interested in international travel.

I’m coming up to 25 soon and one of my things I’ve always wanted to do is travel more. I’m not to good at going far places by myself but I recently got a remote working job and might challenge myself to go abroad by myself.
Post automatically merged:

I also used to be really picky and only eat chicken nuggets and chips, so I’m excited to try different cuisines when I eventually travel more!

I used to love travelling and a holiday wasn’t a holiday unless it was getting on a plane and going somewhere hot.

Over the last few years I have turned into a total homebody and can’t face the thought of travelling l. It all seems too much effort 😂

I never cared about or wanted to travel when I was a kid. Because of this, my parents never took us abroad much for holidays, we usually just went to Wales, Scotland, or somewhere else in England. However, we did go to France a couple of times.

However, in 2019 I finally went overseas for the first time in about a decade, this time to the Netherlands. I basically got bitten by the travel bug, and since then travel has become my main goal in life. After the COVID restrictions lifted, I basically went crazy and I've been travelling so much in the past few years 😁 I can't go 3 months without going on a trip. I think living in Europe makes it easier, since there are so many cheap flights around the continent. So far I have been to:

UK 🇬🇧 (home country)
France 🇫🇷
Netherlands 🇳🇱
Belgium 🇧🇪
Germany 🇩🇪
Japan 🇯🇵
Austria 🇦🇹

This year I have flights booked to also visit:

Poland 🇵🇱
Netherlands (again) 🇳🇱
Singapore 🇸🇬
Malaysia 🇲🇾

Yes, I love too! I haven't had the chance to do it much in my life but I hope one day I can change that nwn.

I've only been out of my country once, but I've travelled yo a couple of places within it. I really wanna go to Europe some day, maybe an Italian beach~

Back