• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

do you still collect resources?

do you still collect resources?

• Total voters
For the longest time I did collect resources, and it was a part of my daily routine within the game. But it got to a point where I just had too many resources and not enough storage space, so I kinda had to stop since there really wasn't a point in collecting them anymore, especially since I slowly stopped needing that many resources.

After the second iteration of the Nook’s shop I only will if I need something specific, say for a DIY. Otherwise I buy tools from Nook’s. I just find collecting resources so tedious ;w;

I'm somehow always running out of wood.. trying to craft tools whenever I can somehow thinking I can get that final tool crafting nook achievement but I know I never will

The stockpiles eventually run low or entirely empty eventually, so yes, I do still do harvest stone, iron, clay, and the three varieties of wood. I usually only bother with branches on an as-needed basis since they're so simple, quick and easy to collect. I take advantage of special things like cherry blossoms in the Spring, leaves in Autumn and snowflakes in Winter and try to catch as many as I can in case I should need them for whatever reason. For other stuff like gold, the various star fragments, pearls, mushrooms and such I just buy from people's shops here on the forums.

I'm somewhat still collecting. I need gold ores for DIYs so I try to hit all my rocks when I actually remember to do so. I also always need more weeds so I try to gather those when I get a chance (Kapp'n island or mystery island). For the 3 wood types and rocks/iron I am pretty well stocked.

I don't collect resources anymore because I rarely have anything that I need to craft. Plus, I have an abundance of most resources in storage, so I usually have everything I need, anyway.

I'm very early in the game so obviously yes for me, however, I imagine as I build up my island I'll stop having as much of a need for it

Back