• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

how do you feel about having your picture taken?

do you like having your picture taken?

• yes, doesn’t matter who takes it

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • yes, if somebody else takes it

Votes: 6 8.6%
  • yes, if i’m the one who takes it

Votes: 12 17.1%
  • no

Votes: 38 54.3%
  • i don’t mind

Votes: 9 12.9%

• Total voters
I absolutely despise having my picture taken. I never look good in photos so I just don't want to bother. 😭 I also seldom take pictures of myself; I can probably count on one hand how many selfies I ever took.

I don't like the way I look in 98% of pictures that I'm in 😖 I am just not very photogenic and would rather not be in any photos at alllll

It doesn't really bother me. I won't be happy with any picture that anyone takes of me, so sometimes it's best not to check and roll with the punches lol

I don't like them at all. I'm too insecure and generally don't like how I look. Particularly about my eyes which needed surgery as a little kid. And that's like the worst thing to feel insecure about, because it's the front of every photo. But it's not like getting a picture is a phobia or anything. I normally won't deny if someone wants my photo.

I don't think I've ever taken a selfie in my entire life.

i’m over it. my friends and family always want to take my picture, and at this point i’ve just accepted i’ll hate every single one.

it depends for me. for special occasions like if friends and family wants to take pictures together then i will. i don't go out of my way to take pictures or ask for pictures. and usually i would prefer to take pictures of myself over someone else lol.

if im taking my own selfie if i happen to like how i look that day that's ok, but i hate when other people take pictures unless i specifically ask..

I don’t mind! I like having photos of myself and I like candid shots.

i having my photo taken ! sometimes i'll be upset for days after if there's a photo i see of myself i don't like, it's sad i'm kind of erased from a lot of memories tho, i'd like to change that

I've gone through little periods where I've been okay with it but sometimes I'll see a photo someone else has taken of me and kind of break down. I send my girlfriend pictures of me every day since we're long distance and I don't mind doing that, and there are pictures of me out there that I think I look cute in (weirdly enough I actually like my driver's license photos), but if I try to take a video of myself where I'm talking into the camera or I see a bad candid picture of me it makes me feel really weird and upset. It's something I'd like to work on, though. I hate the feeling that I don't have many pictures of myself to look back on.

i hate it, i feel like I'm always awkward when it comes time for pictures especially with groups of people or school pictures ( i hated picture day!! ). i don't mind taking selfies though lol that way i can try my best to fix myself and look at least somewhat decent.

I HATE when others take my pictures, they always come out really bad. I Like to think my selfies don’t come out too terrible. Everytime my friend snaps a pic of me and shows me, I literally want to throw up. 😭

unless it's a friend, i'm okay with it as long as they ask. wearing alt fashion in public for some reason makes people think it's totally okay and fine to take unsolicited images. i've literally gone up to people and told them to delete whatever photos they took of me without me thinking i'd know because it's weird and creepy. idk wtf people are thinking when they take photos of strangers without permission, thats some creepy stalker stuff.

if it's a friend idc about them taking my picture go nuts go crazy

I hate having my picture taken. I feel very anti-photogenic, so it does make me uncomfortable to have my photo taken, whether by myself or by somebody else. That said, having looked back at childhood photos of mine recently, I can't help but think about the fact it is nice to be able to look at pictures of myself years later, so I should begrudgingly try and be more open to it in some instances.

I really don’t like it, especially when it’s done without my permission. My mom sometimes does that, and ofc my angle/expression will be unflattering ‘cause I was caught off guard and didn’t know my pic was being taken, and then she’ll post it on Facebook for all of her friends to see like no !!! please do not perceive me !!! I swear I can look better than this !!! To her credit, she always offers to take the photo down when I tell her I don’t like how I look in it, but still.

I’m not a fan of having my picture taken even when I’m asked, I give my permission, and I can ready myself and say when I’m ready for the pic to be taken. I don’t really mind the way I look in the mirror, but I absolutely hate the way other people see me and how I look in photos. Every time I see a photo of myself that someone else took, it makes my stomach sink, and just makes me feel so bad about myself. I genuinely never feel uglier than when I see a photo of myself that someone else took. I usually never look at pics of myself more than once for that reason.

The only pictures of myself I don’t mind having taken are selfies, and that’s ’cause I’m taking them, and therefore am in control (for the most part) of how they turn out and how I look in them. I can choose what angle they’re taken at, which is very important to me. I have a hard time taking selfies that I actually like as well, but I usually have better luck with them than pics that other people take.

I wish I liked having my picture taken, or at least liked the way I look more. It’s sad that not many pictures of me exist beyond ones that were taken when I was a baby/kid. It feels bad being erased from certain memories or it being like I was never there at all because there’s no photographic evidence. 😪

Last edited:
I don't like having my picture taken. Idk it just feels, unnecessary. Even if I was the most beautiful person ever, I still wouldn't like it.
I just want to live and be in the moment.

I know pictures can be important though, but still, if I was meant to remember everything I would. Sometimes I feel like I've lived multiple lifetimes in one lifetime because of so many changes through time.. and I'm not even talking just personal. I mean even society changes. Every 5-10 years it feels like a whole nother world sometimes due to, well changes in things environmental, and tech.

I don't care, honestly. I'm not too insecure about my appearance, but let me know you want a picture first so I can at least strike a funny pose and make sure my hair is good. 😜 Oh and get my sideburns too, bro. I didn't grow them this long so they wouldn't be seen, come on! 😎

Do not like it! Ironically, I actually am a photographer. But I always tell people I prefer being behind the camera than in front of it lol

I'm trying to get better at taking selfies for preservation purposes. I don't like posting photos of myself for social media, but I want to keep photos of me to remind myself of places I went to or where I was in life at that time. I get nostalgic looking at pictures of me growing up and I want to keep that feeling for future me. It's a struggle though.

I used to hate it and be camera shy but I don't mind it... as long as I'm not eating or it's from someone I know. Personally, I think it's rude for someone to take pictures or videos of someone they don't know, especially for memes or their social media posts.

Back