• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Do you shower or wash your hair first?

Do you shower or wash your hair first?

• Shower first

Votes: 12 16.2%
  • Wash hair first

Votes: 50 67.6%
  • I never do both on the same day

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t shower or wash my hair (???)

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Other?

Votes: 11 14.9%

• Total voters
I always do hair first and then work my way down to keep everything I cleaned up clean.

Pardon, is this thread for girls? Because I shower first before washing my hair.

Double pardon for the misunderstanding and boys do this too.
I'm a guy and I wash my hair first hehe. I'm also a bit of a fashionista and I like my hair to look nice (bc it's wavy and I like to bring out the waves) so I use fancy hair care products and whatnot. 😌 but yeah, like seliph said gender really has nothing to do with it. just personal preference.

I actually wash my body twice, once after shampoo and again after conditioner. idk why, just doing it once doesn't feel clean enough to me haha.

i normally start with shampooing my hair first, twice to really get any buildup that might have accumulated off my scalp. once my hair is clean, i use conditioner and then start to exfoliate my body. i let the conditioner sit and let my hair kinda soak it in for a bit. then i rinse everything off, but going top to bottom to wash away any soap/product!

I generally do face > shampoo hair, rinse > conditioner > body > rinse off soap and conditioner. Sometimes I space out and go out of order though.

i was confused at first cuz i was like.... i wash my hair when i shower? HDJSJDJ i realized you guys meant shower body vs wash hair.
I do both almost at the same time I guess? I wash my hair, put shampoo, rinse it off, then put on conditioner, and while I'm waiting for the conditioner to set in, I wash my body. Then I wash my entire self in one go! Then I place hair oils and go to sleep 🛌

I do shampoo > rinse it out > add conditioner & let it sit > wash body > wash face > rinse out conditioner & then I’m done

I wash my hair first, then apply conditioner, and when I finish washing my body I rinse off the conditioner.

I wash my hair, put in conditioner, wash the rest of my body and last I wash out the conditioner.
Pardon, is this thread for girls? Because I shower first before washing my hair.

Double pardon for the misunderstanding and boys do this too.
What? I don't even...

I usually a ton of conditioner so you gotta shampoo first before you wash your body or you'll be left with a conditioner-y feeling on your skin

idk why but this question confused me a little lol. probably just me. anyways,,
i dont wash my hair everyday but when i do, i always wash my hair first, and then get to the actual showering part.

I start with washing the hair first, followed by conditioner, followed by the rest of the body and then rinse out the conditioner. Then just another quick once-over after the conditioner is rinsed off and we're done.

I used to shower/wash my body first and then do my hair, but then I realized it was less efficient, and I just had to rinse off all the shampoo and conditioner anyway. So now I wash my hair with shampoo, then I put in the conditioner, then I work my way down and wash my face and then the rest of me. Then I go back at the end and rinse the conditioner out.
I have switched to shampoo and conditioner bars recently (like in the last year or two) which does take a little longer, but means less plastic waste for the environment, and I have been very happy with them!

I white tone my hair, so i wash it first in order to leave the toner in while i do everything else

I find this question to be interestingly worded. I wash my face and shampoo at the same time, then wash my body and condition at the same time.

I shower first, always. I actually do it at the same time, but I mostly start with showering and wind up doing both.

This question is interesting to me because, while I don't wash my hair every time I shower, I always considered hair washing to be part of showering, not a separate thing. That being said, I wash my hair before I wash my body, assuming it's a hair wash day

i wash my hair first and rinse out. i put in conditioner if I am using it and then wash my body so the conditioner can sit in my hair for a bit longer. then i rinse out the conditioner and do a final full body + hair water rinse.

Back