• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

do you still take your 3DS out and about?

do you?

• I take my 3DS everywhere I go!

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • I do, but not all the time.

Votes: 43 30.9%
  • I used to, but not anymore.

Votes: 73 52.5%
  • I never did.

Votes: 14 10.1%
  • Other (explain!)

Votes: 1 0.7%

• Total voters

xSuperMario64x

Canadian at heart 💜🇨🇦
Bells
Switch
8558-0128-9692
Island
He/him
Purple Hybrid Rose
Bluebird of Happiness Plush
Blue Hybrid Rose
personally I always take at least my gold 3DSXL, if not both of my 3DSXLs, when I go places. I basically never get streetpasses anymore but I'm always holding out hope for that one person to pass by me again. I'm glad to have been able to have a 3DS during the glory days of streetpass, and even though it's basically obsolete now I still think it's fun to collect others' miis and play w them in Find Mii and the puzzle game.

plus I like to be able to count my steps and see how far I walk when I go out!

I got my 3DS when I was in college and I used to bring it to school with me every day because a lot of other people on my campus also had 3DS's so I was able to street pass a lot. I really miss it. I miss seeing other people 's houses in the happy home academy and the StreetPass mini games. These days my 3DS pretty much just sits in my living room. I was using it to shiny hunt extreme speed dratini on crystal virtual console before pokémon Scarlet and violet came out. Have you purchased everything you need to from the eShop before it closes in March?

I used to bring one (I have 3. My first one is completely unusable.) every time I left the house. I looked forward to getting Streetpass tags. It was especially fun to get tags when going on vacation. At some point though, I stopped getting any tags at all. I knew things were especially hopeless when walking into GameStop didn't get me a single tag. Nowadays I only take my 3DS if I feel like playing a game on it while I'm gone, which isn't very often.

it’s been a while since i even powered up my 3ds but in its peak i would take it everywhere. it was so fun to get home after being out and seeing who you streetpassed :) good times.

I used to take mine out all the time before selling mine. I regret getting rid of it because sometimes I’d like to go back and replay older Pokémon games, like Soul Silver. It would be fun for the time being, at least while waiting for a Johto Switch game. I rarely take my Switch out, though, so I can’t say for sure I’d still take my 3DS out.

It seems like everyone is buried in their phones nowadays, myself included. I very rarely see people walking around with a Switch (or any portable gaming system) unless they are traveling.

When I was in a bit of a Pokémon obsession a few years back I was more inclined to take my 3DS to play my copy of HeartGold, but these days if I was going to take any portable console with me it'd either be my Switch or Switch Lite; more selection of games + the option to play online

I still love my 3DS though and it's very useful in playing all my old DS games alongside the 3DS ones!

I still take my main 3DS XL out with me whenever I go out! Most of the time it will be put in my mother's purse but I haven't gotten a streetpass since 2015 😢. I never bring my New 3ds though even though its more compact and small.

Early 2019 I stopped taking both 3DS when the tags stopped. After tagging my extra 3DS Main Town Player 3 completed her last street badge just before ACNH.
When it was hot during the summer I spend a lot of time playing on the 3DS. Nintendo Switch got hot quickly.

Still salty that I only have the silver Streetpass badge for ACNL. Feel like I was so close to gold… Maybe I can still do it.
But yeah, just checked and I probably haven’t taken my 3DS out with me since 4 years ago, that was the last time I got visitors in my Streetpass Plaza.

While I still play, love and enjoy my 3DS, I don't really take it along with me when out and about generally. I might bring it along if I'm going on a trip or something, but I'm not taking it anywhere in my day-to-day. Since Streetpassing isn't a phenomenon that you're going to run into anymore, it doesn't feel worthwhile to do. The pedometer feature counting your steps and accumulating Play Coins is nice, but honestly, after a purple 3DS I had ended up having lower screen problems years back I stopped feeling comfortable with the idea of having the 3DS jostling around and possibly having components inside possibly coming loose or whatever. Granted, not a guarantee that that's what caused the issue, but figured better safe than sorry.

When I was in college, I always had it with me and loved getting all the balloons, tweeters and ice creams in ACNL. I remember playing MK7, Fantasy Life, ACNL during breaks of class/working in the labs. The streetpass was so much fun.

But now? Not at all. It sits in its forever case. It'll just be a nice memory.

I still do, though not as often as I used to. It's been a couple years since I've gotten any tags though.

I haven't done so in awhile. In general, I don't really take any electronics aside from my phone with me these days.

i used to take it everywhere with me before the coronavirus but after that i stopped. i’m actually away from home rn and i brought my 2DS xl so im hoping i get streetpassed (very unlikely tho)

EDIT: OH MY GOD GUYS, i left my ds in the car and i got streetpassed!
92FEFF86-3007-4DFE-A2BF-374E545E6324.jpeg

Last edited:
I used to take it out nearly everywhere. Favourite people to pass were the ones with deliberately crazy miis. The last time I tried, I think I got two people maybe? That was at London comic con, too.

Nowadays, I don't really do it, since I carry my Switch with me on long journeys instead. I wish the Switch would bring StreetPass back though, although I guess a chunky console like this isn't ideal for carrying around everywhere.

I make it a habit to bring my 3DS with me whenever I venture out, despite the fact that I hardly receive any streetpasses these days. Nevertheless, I remain optimistic that I may encounter that one elusive individual who crossed my path before, and still take pleasure in collecting the miis of other gamers and engaging in entertaining games like Find Mii and the puzzle game.

I used to bring my 3DS with me to school all the time when I was in the 7th grade, but I stopped once I got my Switch Lite. I still sometimes bring it with me in other public places or to other people's houses, though. I should also probably bring it on walks so I can collect play coins, too...

Unfortunately, I don't do it anymore since I barely streetpass anyone these days. The last time I got one was in 2019 I think? And that was during the time I went to some sort of a comic con where I was constantly maxing out at 10 and had to turn it on a few times.

Prior to that, I'd always take it with me during high school and get an average of at least three or four people since there were others that brought their own 3DS to school as well. It also made good use of the games that uses the streetpass feature such as Mario Kart 7, Super Mario 3D Land, The Legend of Zelda - A Link Between Worlds, and New Leaf.

Speaking of New Leaf, I got a few villagers this way with a couple that still live in my town to this day. In case you're curious, it's Kitt and Tangy. I'm very glad that I got the gold badge for street passing a lot of people well before a huge majority stopped bringing their 3DS out wherever they go.

StreetPass was so much fun! I used to take my 3DS everywhere and was obsessed with completing all of the Puzzle Swap puzzles (and I’m pretty sure I did? I can’t remember now). It was always cool to connect with a stranger for a brief moment in time.

I have especially fond memories of bringing my 3DS to PAX West and getting a ton of StreetPasses! I had to purchase the update that expanded your stored StreetPasses to 100 because I was maxing out every five minutes, LOL.

I've never really carried my 3DS around with me, except for a few rare occasions when I knew I was going to play it. I got mine late and StreetPass was already pretty dead. Plus, I don't like carrying things outside that could break or get stolen unless I need them for some reason.

Back