• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Do you shower or wash your hair first?

Do you shower or wash your hair first?

• Shower first

Votes: 12 16.2%
  • Wash hair first

Votes: 50 67.6%
  • I never do both on the same day

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t shower or wash my hair (???)

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Other?

Votes: 11 14.9%

• Total voters
On the nights I do was my hair (I don’t wash it that much) I shampoo first and then wash my face with this kinda really expensive face wash. Then I put in conditioner and wait for 1 minute bc it says so (I die when I’m waiting bc the conditioner smells weird lol) and then I rinse and wash my body. And then I make it super hot before I get out because I hate being cold after having a shower!

Last edited:
I wash my hair first and move downward unless my arms are gross from a task or something then I'll wash my body parts needed first then hair then whole body. I don't want dirt falling on me or whatever lol.

I was my hair first. It's much faster with short hair.

I wash my hair about 2-3 times a week (my hair is oily), and whenever I take showers and wash my hair, I usually wash and condition my hair first. That way, whenever I wash my body I can get the shampoo and conditioner off of my body. Whenever I used to wash my body first and then my hair, I noticed I got bad body acne. I did some research, and found out that whenever you don't wash the shampoo and conditioner off of your body, it can clog your pores and cause body acne.

I do both at the same time, so I picked Other.

I always, always shampoo and condition my hair first. Conditioner (and some shampoos) contain oils and silicones that can coat your skin and lead to body acne and/or dermatitis, so I always wash my body after rinsing out my hair products and pay special attention to my upper back where the most rinse-off would stick.

Hair first, then everything else. I don’t want my hair conditioner sitting on my skin after I do my hair so this is the only order that makes sense for me.

I always wash and condition my hair first for reasons mentioned above. I don't like the idea of any dirt or product from my hair sitting on my skin after I've already washed my body. My hair is thick and long-ish so it takes a while, but it's my method and I'm sticking to it :) The exception is that I wash my face while my conditioner sits in my hair. Since I lean my head back in the shower when washing my hair, gunk getting on my face isn't really an issue.

I always wash my hair first; been doing that for decades now.. I remember hearing somewhere a long time ago that it's best to wash your hair first and then wash your face/body. I think it's because of all the dirt and oil and stuff that's in your hair? And idk, just seems like the best order of things

wash my face, then hair and then everything else. i've got a specific routine hair/scalp wash wise so i can't really do anything else at the same time

I always wash my hair first. I shampoo, rinse, add conditioner (or I double shampoo first, depending on how much time and energy I have), shave while letting it sit, then rinse. I quickly scrub down my body before hopping out. Afterwards, I detangle my hair, put in my curl products, and do my skincare.

Back