• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

do you still take your 3DS out and about?

do you?

• I take my 3DS everywhere I go!

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • I do, but not all the time.

Votes: 43 30.9%
  • I used to, but not anymore.

Votes: 73 52.5%
  • I never did.

Votes: 14 10.1%
  • Other (explain!)

Votes: 1 0.7%

• Total voters
My answer still stands from before as I used to when I was in school but not anymore. I am making an exception this weekend though as I’m taking it to the Comic-Con I’m going to in hopes I’ll get a streetpass.

my partner works at a game cafe so i do take my 3ds there when i go join him, since it’s the best chance i’ll ever get to get a street pass in the year 2024. though, i admit i have only gotten three ever from his work.

I just got my first 3DS two years ago so I have a lot of gaming to catch up on haha

I’m obsessed, it’s become my favorite console for its portability + library + streetpass. I take it out regularly to get streepasses and to count my steps for play coins

If I'm going somewhere really close and quick no, but if I'm going somewhere I don't usually go or going to be out all day then yes. Still hoping for as many streetpasses as I can get even if they aren't that common these days.

Whenever I leave the house I try to take my 3ds with me in hopes I will have a streetpass. Last year I got my first streetpass that I had gotten in 4 years, since then I've had 2 others. It makes me so happy when I see that little green light!

Nope, I try to avoid extra weight and I'm always so worried for those flimsy hinges (both of mine are o3DS)

I brought out my first model an N3DSXL a lot back then. In fact, that was kind of how I lost all those years ago; it was misplaced at a huge theme park alongside a backpack of mine.

I also took my N2DSXL outside too when I got it. Streetpasses were plentiful when I had my first one but not so much with this. I remember I didn't have a phone so when we went to a park far away I used the camera feature on my 2DS to take lots of photos of the surroundings. My sister made fun of me for it and then she showed me this short-form video of someone recording a concert with a DSi.

I still bring my 3ds out with me wherever I go "just in case." If I'm meeting friends, I always make sure they bring theirs so we can streetpass. Before the shops closed, I bought every street pass game just to have it because I loved that feature so much. Surprisingly had a couple unknown tags from other people in my outings which was surprising.

Nah. I really wish I did it more back in the day though. I feel like I never really fancied the whole StreetPass feature and I'm regretting that now. I meant to take it with me to the mall a few times but I always ended up forgetting it.

I generally take it on vacations to use it if I get the urge, but just going out for everyday stuff I don't bring it with me.

I never got into the streetpass stuff, though I brought it along to PAX this year and got a few people!

i also take it for vacations. i don’t take it with me in general life unless i’m actually gonna use it.

I stopped taking it out years ago, especially after Nintendo stopped supporting the relay stations at Nintendo Zone locations. (That's where I got the vast majority of my StreetPass hits.)

But I did make an exception last Monday (on the day of the total eclipse)...and surprisingly, it paid off! I got my first StreetPass hit in five years. It said the person was recently using the 3DS camera, so they may have been trying to take a picture of the eclipse with it. 😆

I used to but not anymore. When I did, it wasn’t too often. Only sometimes when I went to my friend’s parties, or when we went to a convention.

i used to when i was in college! sometimes my friends and i would coordinate our shirt colours 🤭
we've sometimes meet up at the food court and just play multiplayer games (cough cough instead of studying or workshopping)

Back