• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Do you shower or wash your hair first?

Do you shower or wash your hair first?

• Shower first

Votes: 12 16.2%
  • Wash hair first

Votes: 50 67.6%
  • I never do both on the same day

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t shower or wash my hair (???)

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Other?

Votes: 11 14.9%

• Total voters

Xara

the april fool
Bells
Golden Watering Can
White Rose
White Rose
White Rose
Yellow Rose
Prismatic Easter Egg
My Melody Easter Egg
White Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
When it’s both shower and hair wash day for you, which do you normally do first? Do you wash your hair before washing the rest of you, or do you shower before washing your hair?

I’ve always done both at the same time, but technically I wash my hair first. Or at least I get started on it first. When I get into the shower, the first thing I do is wet my hair, shampoo it, and exfoliate my scalp. The shampoo I use recommends you leave it in for 3-5 minutes, which I do. To pass the time while my shampoo sits, that’s when I shower. I wash and exfoliate, rinse, and then rinse my hair before applying my conditioner.

I wash my hair first before anything else. The way I see it is that if I wash my body before hair, when I go to rinse my hair, all the shampoo goes over the body I just cleaned.

Pardon, is this thread for girls? Because I shower first before washing my hair.

Double pardon for the misunderstanding and boys do this too.

I wash at the end of a shower.

I'm not good at keeping the shampoo out my eyes, so it signals the end of my shower anyways.

There is nothing consistent about whether I wash my hair first or last. I don't even remember what I did last time.

I use tar shampoo cause my scalp hates me. So I gotta shampoo first.

Yikes, there's a lot of users here that wash their hair first. If I did that first, I'd be used to my showering habits that I'd just be getting out of the shower with no second thoughts.

always hair first! that's what you should do so when the oils from your hair inevitably slide down your body you just wash it off after! take care of your skin yall

Pardon, is this thread for girls? Because I shower first before washing my hair.

Double pardon for the misunderstanding and boys do this too.
you don't have to shower differently depending on your gender sdfdsf

i wash my hair first since i like to let my shampoo sit on my hair for a while before i wash it off so i'm doubly multitasking in the meantime. 🚿

I always shower first and then wash my hair, but it sounds like maybe I should change that...I never thought about it before I just naturally always did it that way!

I have to start with my hair first or I completely forget. the voices are loud and distracting 👎 i tend to shampoo my hair, rinse it off, shampoo my hair again (I heard doing it twice is good?), rinse it off, put on conditioner, get to the actual showering part, and then I finally rinse off the conditioner.

Oh hmmm.... I step into the shower, put shampoo on head- scrub it around, then body , then rinse off the shampoo in my hair and hop out.. Usually a 3-4 minute shower O:

i wash my hair first - shampoo and rinse off, then apply conditioner and leave it for a couple minutes, usually i brush my teeth during this time. then i wash out the conditioner, squeeze out the water, and clip it up while i wash my body. i don’t like washing my body before the conditioner gets rinsed off because i don’t want the conditioner residue(?) staying on my body after i’ve finished scrubbing, so my hair needs to be completely done first before i scrub & rinse.

I wash my hair first and I guess multitask like you said - put shampoo in first, let that sit while I wash my body, conditioner on, let it sit for a few minutes, rinse and done! so efficient

Back