• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

do you still collect resources?

do you still collect resources?

• Total voters

himekirako

pompom's #1 protector
Bells
Switch
8387-7397-2591
Island
Asteria
White Hyacinth
Red Hyacinth
Red Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
do you still collect things like the different types of woods, stones, iron nuggets, clay, gold nuggets, and etc. or have you stopped?

i try to make it a daily task for me to go around my island and collect whatever i can, and if i remember then i'll hop onto islands to continue. i like having a stockpile in my storage juuuuust in case i end up needing it for crafting or to give away.

I stopped because I had a lot in my storage, but my supplies are sorta dwindling, so I usually ask friends for them or do the Kapp'n/mystery islands. That was when I was decorating and crafting furniture for the last few areas on my island, but since I've finished, I don't craft anymore even though I am missing like less than 10 recipes.

I still collect resources for sure! Especially since some DIYS take a whole or nearly a whole stack of something. I can't recall exactly but I know I was crafting a handful of things that required 30 stones and that just ate threw a crap ton of my inventory lol. I don't collect as actively as I did back in 2020, but I always have a stack of materials on hand (I usually let it cap at 30 then chuck it in my storage for later).

Ehhh sometimes. It depends on which and how many. I've started buying them from people on here who have much more time than I do to craft/collect resources.

I used to collect resources all the time I found it kind of fun to collect all the different items. Then I realised how full my house was getting and I had to leave heaps of items on the floor of my beaches.

In the end it got to messy that I gave all the items to my friend who was restarting her island :)

I used to collect resources all the time I found it kind of fun to collect all the different items. Then I realised how full my house was getting and I had to leave heaps of items on the floor of my beaches.

In the end it got to messy that I gave all the items to my friend who was restarting her island :)
This happened to me when I restarted my second island. I went a bit overboard and collected materials everyday completely forgetting that my storage was not very big. I had so much materials all over my beaches for awhile .

On my main island I usually just collect material when I want to craft something. I think I need a balance of collecting some but not going overboard. This way I don’t have to hurry to try and find hardwood.

I usually try to hit my rocks every day in case I get gold and because items made from earth-based materials seem to be worth a lot, but I don't bother chopping all of my trees every day or even most days. I often don't bother hitting all of the rocks or collecting all of the fruit when I visit islands on Kappa's tour. My main motivation for going on the tour is getting new DIYs.

In the beginning, I tried to collect every single resource every day, but I was running out of storage space and driving myself crazy trying to get everything done. Now I have some backup materials in storage and I'll craft a bunch of items whenever I have too many materials.

When I first got the game I absolutely hoarded all wood, rocks, iron nuggets, sticks, everything. Now I don’t really bother, even on my second island if I need something I’ll just steal it from my first lol I still gather seasonal/rare resources though.

Yes but purely because I had to make a whole new account when I bought a new switch.. I miss my old island 🥲 I had so much on there

I used to, but lately I've found it kind of repetitive and tedious. Even though I'm running out of resources for DIYs I've just opted for only buying things from the nookling store. I still collect vegetables to sell and hybrids to breed when I'm playing though.

I picked sometimes, because there are some I never seem to have enough of, and some I have way too many of. So it just depends what it is.

I like collecting vines, glowing moss, gold, the woods. But i tend to have plenty of stone/iron. Unless I craft/sell a hot item with a lot of stone/iron. Then I'll be back to collecting that too.

Sometimes I get a bit frustrated when I go to customize something and realize - crud, I'm out of ALL of my green pumpkins? So I usually try to have a little of everything on hand. But i don't collect nearly as much as I used to.

I've stopped trading for stuff mostly cause I don't have NSO anymore so I collect it when I see it. Wood I'll keep collecting to work on the breaking tools achievement.

I dont really take the time to go around collecting things anymore, but ill pick things up from time to time, I have a lot of materials i already filling up my storage though theres a few things i probably should collect again, like wood, my wood drastically went down TT

I used to go around picking up my twigs, but I stopped that about a month ago. I just put them all around my campfire area so no new ones spawn.

Only if I need to. I have a huge stockpile of resources, but the thing is I haven't played NH properly in a while.

yup! i haven't been on new horizons in a while since i'm done with my island but i try to collect as much resources because i may need it later for another person who may need them!

not really, i've got stacks of materials in storage. though if there's a meteor shower happening i'll wish on shooting stars to get some star fragments for sure

Since restarting its been my mission to regain my resources. Some decorations require it so I am forced to do so. Meteor showers are always a must because of zodiac fragments. I always hit rocks to regain gold nuggets since many gold items require an absurd amount of them.

Back