do you still take your 3DS out and about?

do you?

• I take my 3DS everywhere I go!

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • I do, but not all the time.

Votes: 43 30.9%
  • I used to, but not anymore.

Votes: 73 52.5%
  • I never did.

Votes: 14 10.1%
  • Other (explain!)

Votes: 1 0.7%

• Total voters
I used to in college, but I had to stop when my bag started getting a bit too heavy :( I got quite a few consistent streetpasses! and whatever the streetpass equivalent in ACNL was. Now I don't because the chances of me streetpassing anyone is next to none.

I used to in university and comic cons to try and get StreetPasses. Unfortunately I got my 3DS pretty late in its life, so I didn't have much luck 😅

When I had my 3DS, I used to take it around a lot (especially to conventions for street passes). It was my go-to companion for commutes, and I often brought it to campus to play during downtime. Lots of great memories!

If I still had it, I doubt I'd take it around much anymore. I'd rather give my eyes a break.

I actually just got my battery fixed on my 3ds so I'm going to start taking it places for street pass!
When I was younger, my 3ds was basically glued to my hands. I took it everywhere. School, store, sleep, everything.

I never really took it out much in the first place. I prefer to keep my handhelds at home, which I guess is kind of ironic.

I never really took it out much in the first place. I prefer to keep my handhelds at home, which I guess is kind of ironic.
Same. I think I took it with me from time to time when I knew I had a really long wait, but other than that I usually never took my stuff out with me. I did take mine with me last year in November when I went to Florida, but that was mostly to use during downtime when my sister and I weren't going out to Disney/Universal for a period of time. I might've gotten 15/30 minutes a day of use a day if that.

I used to bring my 3DS all the time when I went to the city for a shopping day I haven't gone recently but I would like to try again to see if I could find anyone haha

I sold all of my 3DSs a long time ago. I needed money and so I caved in. Unfortunately, I regret it now looking back on it but at the time I thought it was the best decision. If I still had a 3DS I wouldn't play it in public though. I like to play games in private.

I never really took it out much to begin with. Nowadays, I take my Switch if I travel somewhere, but I don't take it out that often either

Sometimes I bring it around-- for example, when traveling long distances, especially for vacations-- but usually I do not. I think the last time I did that was the start of June.

I bring not only my 3DS with me everywhere, but my NDS too! I even named them LOL

Hugh is my blue 3DS, then Norma is my pink NDS c: Love them both very much and I feel weird if they’re not in my purse.

I used to take my 3DS out a lot! I got lots of street passes. Conventions were crazy. Ngl I really miss it, as well as other aspects of the 3DS including the 3D! (Yes I was one of the people who actually loved the 3D.) I have tons of nostalgia for the 3DS and especially Steetpass - I have even had a very specific comic concept in my head for (like four) years now called "Steetpass Plaza", set in a tiny village at the edge of a big city in 2013 where a friend group forms that plays Pokémon XY on the 3DS, competing in bigger tournaments as well.

I do, even tho I don't go out much, I think I've only gotten 3 streetpasses this year! I wish the Switch had something similar, even more so considering how many more people own one!

Seconding the whole "I got my 3DS late" sentiment. I don't think I've ever gotten a StreetPass?

i almost always have my n3dsxl on me, which i bought after borrowing my sisters original 3ds for a little bit. i don't own a switch, there isn't a single switch exclusive game that has appealed to me in the slightest. i never got to have a 3ds until recently and when i had a dsi while the dsi was current i was never able to get many games for it. there's a existentially huge backlog of games that the 3ds can either run natively or emulated that i am really looking forward to playing, and i've gotten incredible mileage out of it already playing blue rescue team, pokemon platinum, acnl, bravely default... so on

I love the 3DS and I really do take it with me pretty much everywhere. On small trips I put it in sleep mode so I can build up playcoins for fortune cookies in Animal Crossing. If I think I might have to wait at like a doctor's office or on a plane ride, it'll definitely be there to play with. I just love the 3DS!

I don't really take any of my portable gaming consoles out and about. I just use them at home. I do have my galaxy new 3DS XL though still and all the games I had with it, there's still a bunch of stuff on there I plan on playing :)

Back