• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

do you still take your 3DS out and about?

do you?

• I take my 3DS everywhere I go!

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • I do, but not all the time.

Votes: 43 30.9%
  • I used to, but not anymore.

Votes: 73 52.5%
  • I never did.

Votes: 14 10.1%
  • Other (explain!)

Votes: 1 0.7%

• Total voters
When did I vote in this poll?
The answer changed. I take my 2DS a lot out now more than when I last voted in this poll. It's actually one of my comfort items weirdly enough. I don't care about street pass. I just like my games.

I never really took my 3DS out with me when I did play it since I never really cared about the StreetPass feature nor felt the need to play games outside my home. I definitely wouldn't these days given how little I play it now, lol.

only to get playcoins! i don't care much for streetpasses, but i do get really happy about them :)

If I'm taking a gaming system out at all, it's my 2DS. My Switch is too precious to me to risk damaging or worse, and my 2DS is pretty hardy – and I still have my old 3DS if my 2DS ever breaks (though the cameras don't work on the 3DS). I like having it on me for long car rides and such.

I tend to take my 3DS with me if I'm going somewhere for multiple days, in case I need something to keep me occupied. In the past few years, I started to keep it closed but powered on when I travel with it, to see if I get any streetpasses. No luck yet. 😔

I mostly don’t anymore since most players have stopped doing it. I admit that I miss Street Pass and being able to use the 3DS as a music player but the Switch is so much more Versatile.

I take my nintendogs for walks nearby but I feel weighed down if I bring my 3ds with me going shopping in town. I used to, and sometimes I'll bring it but it's a bit too precious for me to risk damaging

I used to! But not anymore. I do miss it though, it was fun getting street passes and filling in your maps. It was always exciting passing by the random person who was from another state or country.

To be honest I never really took mine out anywhere, same goes for the DS. ;v; I'd bring it along for trips for entertainment sometimes but that was pretty much it. I'm usually too nervous about losing or damaging my consoles to bring them anywhere public, and never thought getting any Wi-Fi connections was likely anyway, so if I did bring it with me somewhere, it was powered off to conserve battery.

I do, but only when I need playcoins or if I'm going to a game store or other place where there's a chance I'll streetpass someone.

I got my ds around 2014, and streetpass was so much more active then. I could get over 10 of them in a matter of hours if I kept it in sleep mode during road trips. But it's died out as I've gotten one in the past 5 years, which oddly enough happened while I was still in my neighborhood?? I'm still wondering who it was since they didn't set up their mii plaza profile...
Anyways, it was a really cool feature and I'd definitely take my 3ds with me more if others were still doing the same.

every once in a while I bring mine with me! I like getting play coins for fortune cookies in NL and to trade for money in rune factory 4, and it's fun to have if I know I'll have time to use it (like if I have to wait somewhere). I brought it out on a trip a while ago hoping I'd streetpass someone but I didn't have any luck. my 3ds is definitely my favourite console I've owned due to its portability, especially since I have a decent-sized shoulder bag I usually bring with me when I'm out.

a few months ago when I was really active in ACWW I carried it around for fun. One time I kept my gate open while grocery shopping using my phone hotspot. That felt crazy driving around and keeping the wifi connection

when I first got my 3ds I would take it to school with me everyday! it was so fun seeing all the repeated streetpasses and miis, and of course the houses in the happy home academy in new leaf. but now that my 3ds is 10 years old (turned 10 this past christmas) I don't take it places anymore, it's just too old now. I still play some of my 3ds games tho, but I do want to get another 3ds (and 🏴‍☠️ yar har har it lol) and then maybe I'll take it out more!

With this new event about to start with using our Nintendo DS I might start bringing it out again and seeing if I can find others.

I used to very occasionally. I hadn’t played it for years until recently so I’ve had no reason to take it anywhere, but I don’t want to risk losing it!

I haven't taken it out since early 2020, but I think I'm going to start again.

I miss Streetpass, I miss getting coins to use in ACNL and Yokai Watch, and I miss being able to play a game if I had some free time outside. (I don't care for mobile games so my phone is useless for that lol)

I really like that it fits in my pocket so I can take it anywhere. My Switch is way too big to carry around, obviously it won't fit in my pocket and I don't like carrying bags around. I think even a Switch Lite would be too big.

Alright, it's decided: I will start taking my 3DS out with me from now on!

I never really took it anywhere unless I was meeting with friends explicitly to play together. I have a golden Zelda 3DS XL and always felt way too nerdy taking it out in public (I was a very self-conscious teen ok). Consequently I never really knew about streetpass until one day I got a notification and had loads of random streetpasses after having walked around town. Not I'm sad I never experienced the height of streetpassing

Yup, I still like to whenever I can! I brought it with me during walks a lot last summer. I haven't Streetpassed anyone, but I like using the built in pedometer and collecting Play Coins for the day. ^^

I've taken mine out a few times this week because I need more play coins but prior to that I hadn't taken it anywhere since 2019.

I still do take it out with me semiregularly, it’s fun to play on bus rides sometimes. It’s rare I’ll leave it on rest mode though, because it’s so rare to streetpass anyone nowadays.

Back