• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

This Halloween Event is probably the best one this site ever had

Alolan_Apples

“Assorted” Collector
Bells
Switch
1624-3778-0694
Green Balloon
Ghostly Kitty Plush
Hot Cocoa
Snowflake Glow Wand
Yellow Tulip
Disco Ball Easter Egg
Orange Candy
Chocolate Cake
Pumpkin Cupcake
Apple (Fruit)
I never engaged in a site Halloween event this much. I really liked the events and the whole sideshow tent gimmick, where you spend currency to unlock other events. It’s better than the third Woods Expedition, where you can vote on a certain prank (like turning the tree upside down) or event.

Is this your favorite Halloween event, or was there another you liked more?

This is also my favorite of recent memory. I like that there are only a few core events, with the option to participate in more!! Although, I am remembering older halloweens (like, much older) where the extent of the event was just purchasing candy from the store during restocks :p I kinda miss how low stakes those were

I am also enjoying this greatly! I wasn't expecting quite so much to do, but I'm loving it! (It sure beats an egg hunt!) I like that for the most part, the sideshow events seem to be separate-ish from the main events (in terms of currency, anyway). So in that way, all the sideshow events just feel like a bonus.
But who are we kidding here; if we're here for events, we want it all right? The sideshows are probably not as optional as I make myself believe;)

Disclaimer: I have only participated in a few Halloween events... I wonder if someone could give us a general history lesson of Halloween events?

Yeah, I'm loving the Halloween event this year! Though I'm biased since I was able to figure out the first mirror right away and somehow made the luckiest guess on the count in the bottle. ^o^;>

I'm trying to remember the past Halloween events without going back to look, just whatever I'm able to dredge up from my own memories.

I remember the Halloweaster eggs; I have one in my lineup right now. I remember the text adventure game that one time, that was really fun, I enjoyed that. I have the key to the manor but don't remember super clearly how I got it. I think creating the eerie potion was a Halloween thing, which I got to take part in because I got a real-world prize sent in the mail that gave me special access to it; that was really cool. I think the rainbow candies came from a Halloween event, where some yellow candies turned rainbow. And there was that team thing, the wraiths and the spirits, that was interesting.

I think I've always had fun in the Halloween events here. But this year is especially fun. :)

Yeah, I'm loving the Halloween event this year! Though I'm biased since I was able to figure out the first mirror right away and somehow made the luckiest guess on the count in the bottle. ^o^;>

I'm trying to remember the past Halloween events without going back to look, just whatever I'm able to dredge up from my own memories.

I remember the Halloweaster eggs; I have one in my lineup right now. I remember the text adventure game that one time, that was really fun, I enjoyed that. I have the key to the manor but don't remember super clearly how I got it. I think creating the eerie potion was a Halloween thing, which I got to take part in because I got a real-world prize sent in the mail that gave me special access to it; that was really cool. I think the rainbow candies came from a Halloween event, where some yellow candies turned rainbow. And there was that team thing, the wraiths and the spirits, that was interesting.

I think I've always had fun in the Halloween events here. But this year is especially fun. :)
Yeah you are on a roll this event!
I just feel it's nice there are some lower and higher stakes events, and there is lot's of variety so every can chose the events they would like, and they can't ignore events they don't care much about.
The tickets also give more motivation to participate in the main events, and I really like that!

Disclaimer: I have only participated in a few Halloween events... I wonder if someone could give us a general history lesson of Halloween events?

I believe this year marks the tenth year of modern era Halloween events actually! The Dusty Scroll and Ancient Lantern collectibles are from 2013 when we had a two-part puzzle that rewarded each item. It came with this lovely map of The Woods, which was pretty cool by our art standard back then:

tsHCfv0.png

Going further, the concept of The Woods board opening up on Halloween and some users getting cursed is a tradition that goes all the way back to 2005. We had The Last Tree Ghost haunting the forum all the way back then -- check that join date!

Last edited:
I like the theme and the idea, but I really don't like the time limited tickets, esp if there was a change to the event after your ticket expired. Then you have to spend a ticket just to see what's going on or if your question was answered because nothing was posted outside of the tent about the change or your question. Or choose to just miss out.

So I personally can't get on board the my favorite Halloween event train impo.

Also, if you lack the AC game, or play it on a different system, you are blocked out of the tents (part of the event itself) more than others even though most tents don't have ac game events. I find that kind of sad that such a large part of the event itself is kind of behind that? Idk. I'd rather the AC game stuff just get more currency for collectibles than have it be a potential gate to more access of the actual tbt event to reward people who have the AC game or play it in the preferred way.

So, for now, I just prefer the more simple past Halloween events because of the two reasons mention.

Last edited:
This event is definitely up there alongside Camp Bell Tree, although I need to earn more tickets to get into the other tents and revisit the magic tent in the coming days. 😂

I agree, this is honestly the best Halloween I've ever had in this forum. There's something fitting about a spooky yet whimsical carnival/circus theme for Halloween that fits right in my alley. With the best event backdrops and the fact that I'm more active in participating in this Halloween's event.

(Still wish we have Halloween gaming sessions similar to the Gaming Station from this year's Camp tbt but you know...)

I am also enjoying the event! I really love the events where a lot is to do because I get always so invested in them xD I think the event with the textbased game was also pretty good.

I don't mind the ticket system - it's easy enough to plan because we get so much tickets and it's also fun! Can't wait to see with how many tokens I will end up and if I can buy everything I want ✨✨✨

Thank you stuff as always! Having a blast :)

I'm enjoying it this year but it's definitely not my favorite. Too many things to keep track of in different places, having to weigh sideshow ticket usage, it's more stressful than the years prior. The Halloween events from the past four years are more my speed.

I agree that this event is a load of fun! I do kinda get the stress of the sideshow tickets, but thinking of them as nothing more than something to pop in and check occasionally that don't have a lot of weight to them is definitely helping me with that!

Almost like... a little reward for getting in a submission! That said, I have a bias when it comes to Halloween and circuses, and- despite everything, the TBT Christmas events will always be my favorites as a whole.
Basically, love this event, it's saving me from my mentaw iwness, and I can't wait to see what Chrimmis holds.

I like it! Seems there's a bit of something for everyone, whether you like doing art, puzzles (and of course mirrors!), I like the diffetent kinds of events.

Spending tickets wisely - yep, that's the challenge. I like that we can get tickets from participation in main tent events. And there are extra tickets here and there also.

Actually, The Woods were brought back on the 13th of this month, but disappeared once the clock rolled over to the 14th.

You may already know this, but I just thought it worth mentioning.
I didn't know this. Thank you for the information. I only just recently returned to TBT.

I think I know the names of all Halloween events since ACNL came out:
  • 2013 Woods Story
  • 2014 Woods Story
  • 2015 TBT Spooktacular
  • The Woods Expedition
  • The Woods Expedition 2: Bone-Chilling Bell Hunt
  • Villager Week Halloween Edition (one of the late vB era Bell Tree Weeks)
  • The Woods Expedition 3: Dollhouse of Horrors
  • TBT’s Halloweaster Event
  • TBT’s Haunted Home Para*DIE*
  • The Ghostly Glade
  • The Bell Tree’s Haunted Carnival
Of these 11 events, I only participated in the 2014, 2017, 2020, and 2023 events, and somewhat participated in the 2019 event. I completely missed the 2015, 2021, and 2022 events, and wasn’t even a member during the 2013 event.

Back