• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Eligible Utopia's Newtopia!

Island/Town Name
Utopia
Hemisphere
North
Native Fruit
Orange
Native Flower
Pansies

michealsmells

🎄❄️🌟
Bells
Switch
4757-8654-8195
Island
Utopia
White Turnip
Holiday Candy Cane 2023
Lucky Lollipop
Spectral Preserves
Gastly Halloweaster Egg
Pumpkin Glow Wand
Key to Bell Tree Manor
Ghostly Preserves
Black Famous Mushroom
Black Hybrid Rose
Utopia is a peaceful little island nestled alone in the sea with an amazing community built around making the perfect place to live!
The island town was founded March 19th, 2020, and has been around since. Though the Resident Representative Micheal is known for disappearing for months at a time, he always returns to polish up any of the island that has been neglected while he's gone.

Each day, someone from the island is going to tell you about their day! Who might it be?
Resident Rep Micheal?
Resident Cathy?
Or one of the 10 animal residents who call Utopia home?
(Including Megan!)

tumblr_inline_p8ljryl5ks1qbn90k_75sq.gifv
tumblr_inline_p9tiehl9HW1qbn90k_75sq.gifv
tumblr_inline_p8ljrtf2hM1qbn90k_75sq.gifv
tumblr_inline_p9tiehYvyK1qbn90k_75sq.gifv
tumblr_inline_p8ljrkUDuP1qbn90k_75sq.gifv
tumblr_inline_p8ljrv3nk11qbn90k_75sq.gifv
tumblr_inline_p9tiely6gi1qbn90k_75sq.gifv
tumblr_inline_p9tiegLg5Q1qbn90k_75sq.gifv
Judy.png

January 25, 2023
hW70KZD.jpg

Howdy folks, its Resident Rep Micheal R. Smells, coming to tell you what's what in Utopia!

Alright, so maybe I shouldn't be the one to tell you what's what, considering I disappeared from town after Toy Day, slept through the New Years celebrations, and overall have been living under a rock for the past couple months, but that's not bad! Under rocks are very important meeting grounds, just ask The Council. Actually, don't ask them anything, and don't tell them I told you that either.

Today, Blathers asked me to create the newest museum display. Since the holidays are gone and the fossil exhibit has been seeing low foot-traffic lately, he thought a dig-your-own-gyroid site would be the perfect way to get more animals in the museum! Alright, he said fossils originally, but Brewster suggested gyroids. They're cheaper, easier to find, and Blathers wouldn't flip his lid if one got broken, unlike a fossil. The dig site was easy enough to put together: just bury some gyroids, fragments, and litter around some smaller fossils to catch people's attentions and get them to ask questions. I even helped design the cutest little info graphic, which Blathers very much enjoyed! It's actually a first for Utopia to have a dig-your-own site. Usually, this would've just been a seating area, so I think this is a job well done for me, and makes up for me missing my daily coffee with Brewster for so long!
XcXLFoz.jpg

I was very happy to see my best friend Shari today. She invited me over to hang out, and we had a good chat! Catching up, messing around, playing some games, you know the drill. Sure was an enjoyable time, despite her fish insisting on staring into our souls. Speaking of souls, Shari told me something about hearing scuttling beneath the floorboards of her house and in the eaves of her roof- but I told her not to worry! The Council gets a little chilly in the winter, and their subordinates need places to stay warm.
oOr5yoc.jpg

Then I went to check on my favorite Lazy Cat: Bob! He was reading his comics, as per usual, but I can't help but doubt if he can actually read. I mean, the pages were upside down and half the words on the pages were covered in crumbs. That said, he is one of our favorites here, our lovable Bob, and we wouldn't change him for the world. He offered me some gnocchi to eat, which he must've gotten the recipe from Kidd, who'd just given me it earlier. Guess the whole island is caught up in gnocchi fever, because he told me that Cathy has begun selling it at her restaurant! Clearly he was happy about it- he was drooling over the idea of eating food while eating food.
y4cDdPX.jpg

Judy and I didn't get a chance to talk today. We saw one another, but I didn't want to disturb her. She stood in the enchanted forest singing into the wind. I couldn't tell if she was singing for fun, or singing for the ghost that's rumored to live up there. Regardless, her song was beautiful. I think I recognized it as the song that Marina used to sing before she moved back home in the sea. Maybe Judy was just missing her friend...
DuJVkZb.jpg

The night ended on a high note with me spotting the aurora over TinyTown. It was absolutely gorgeous and quite a rare sight considering how little I leave my house nowadays. I do hope the residents of TinyTown enjoyed it just as much as I do. I can't help but wonder... do bugs and crustaceans enjoy the sky as much as us humans and animals do? They must look up there and wonder where they came from just as we do. That said, it was cold as all heck outside, so I can understand them not wanting to see the aurora.

Welp, that's it for today. Happy to be back folks! Hey, if you're lucky I might be able to convince someone else to write tomorrows post. I totally am NOT just trying to have an excuse to not write this tomorrow, tooooootally.
Animal pixels from here!
Photos all taken by Michealsmells
The Council is Watching

Last edited:
January 27, 2023

5Ikxp5Q.jpg

Hello my lovelies! I don't know if you guys know who I am, but I'm Cathy, a part-time resident of Utopia. I say part-time resident, because I intend to stay in Utopia for a few months out of the year to run a restaurant! However, something came up back home at the beginning of last year, so I had to skip town before I could really get my restaurant off the ground. However, I've returned to the island, and it's just like coming back to a home away from home! Micheal said it'd be a good idea if I wrote for today's entry, as it would give me an excuse to go around town and greet everyone, instead of hide away tidying up my house.

iPk0tkH.jpg

First things first was to clean up around my home. I had to be presentable and my home as well if I was going to say hello to everyone on Utopia after being gone a whole year. There might've been a tiny cockroach problem, which I was swiftly trying to remove before Tia came knocking at my door! Gosh, I was so embarrassed, but luckily she didn't see a thing. You see, Tia's my business partner, and I provide food and additional seating for her cafe, while she makes the drinks for her place and my restaurant, at least when I'm in town. I'm so glad she came to see me, but I can't have the one I'm supposed to be working with in a food business finding out I had roaches of all things! We chatted a bit and caught up with one another, as well as took a few pictures. She had to go set up her place for the day, so we parted ways, but I was honestly relieved I could return to getting rid of the roach problem.

Micheal always said, "No subordinate of the council shall be caught trespassing. If they are, squash them as needed." No idea what that means, and I'd feel bad for the poor things, so I brought them outside to the warmest place I could, gave them a snack, and let them on their way. They just wanted out of the cold, I'm sure!

VvSbnVm.jpg

It was then time to get out of my house and go see everyone! I sure felt bad for not speaking to everyone in a year now, but I was welcomed back to the family of Utopia with open arms. Judy shared with me a new recipe for minestrone, Kidd couldn't help but catch me up on all the gossip I've missed out on, and I got to meet Megan for the first time! Megan was a doll, but I can't help but be a little bummed out that I completely missed saying goodbye to Marina. Regardless, I really did feel accepted back into the community.

XuiilcK.jpg

I even met Mabel at The Roost, where I enjoyed what is probably the finest cup of coffee I have ever experienced! We chatted a bit about life among the three of us, and I know for a fact I'll be returning to The Roost more often for some of the best service, companionship, and coffee!

baZ2NMP.jpg

I managed to get the island together for Group Stretching today, which was a great way to catch up with one another! You know, I really appreciate the addition of Group Stretching as a way to get the island together. We get to take care of our bodies and check in with one another, which is really sweet. You know, I'm a mother to three beautiful kids, and even though they've grown quite a bit, I would still love something like that to get my little ones to move around more. These days, they're always reading or playing video games. They need some movement, but they'll never listen, as kids do!

C9w1NcW.jpg

Before I tucked in for bed, I cooked myself some dinner. I made the minestrone soup recipe that Judy had given me earlier in the day and I absolutely adored it! To go along with it, I kinda went overboard and made a ton of bread, and I mean a TON of bread! It was sooo good, and by the end of my meal I was stuffed and ready to sleep forever. That said, I had to sit down and get this written beforehand of course. Buuuut, that means I'm gonna go to bed now.

Goodnight TBT, I'll see you guys later!​

>Loading... 0%
>Loading... 16%
>Loading... 34%
>Loading... 78%
>Loading... 100%

>Connecting to secure server...
>Connection successful...

>Agent L has entered the chat
>ISO has entered the chat

January 28, 2023
L, pleased that you arrived to our meeting on-time for once. You are secure, correct?

Well duh I am, boss! I'm home and told all the bugs to go play somewhere else!
What's this meeting about anyways?

I was afraid you'd ask that question, considering you were the operative involved with caring for the island while Catherine was away and M was... busy.
However, it was communicated to us that there was a sore lack of island upkeep. Weeds were rampant, operatives were exposed, and Catherine's house has become infested.
M had originally believed them to be operatives of our own, but he was sorely mistaken. They are from off-island.

Off island? But it's almost the end of winter, and they hate the cold.​

Exactly. They've been here for longer than the winter.
This is a reprimand for your neglectful treatment of Utopia and endangering the lives of many an operative.
I expect you to pay Us a visit soon.
This afternoon when the sun is at it's highest point. We will have a little discussion.

ISO has left the chat

Yes sir! Oh boy...

Judy's Journal

Utopia's Newtopia Edition

1/29/2023​

TeDUQvy.png

Hello my dears, and welcome to an extra special edition of Judy's Journal. This blog has always been something of a comfort project for me: somewhere to post my miscellaneous thoughts about XYZ without really caring about a single thing another person says. It was no secret, but I had no idea that my friends here on Utopia ever bothered to read my blog, much less that they'd like it. However, when Resident Rep Micheal approached me with the question of if I wanted to write today's entry for the new and improved Utopia Journal, I just couldn't refuse! Myohmy, I had so many ideas of what to do with this entry, as I was allowed full creative control, but I decided on something simple: A Day in the Life of Judy. Sure it isn't original, but I felt I could do what Micheal and Cathy have done, while adding my own special flair that I am so well known for.

My day began with quite the lovely awakening. I've always been a late riser, but I was glad to be able to catch the last of the morning snow before it cleared up from out my window. I really didn't want to go out just yet, but I was craving a quality classic coffee from Brewster's, so I made a quick trip across town to get myself a drink to-go. Along the way, I ran into Lucky- or, I should say, Lucky ran into me. I didn't even think he would be awake as early as it was, even with it being 10am, but he was wide awake. Head down, he ran off to pull some straggling weeds that Micheal hadn't taken care of the past few days. It was odd- I don't think I've ever seen Lucky pull weeds before, myohmy.

Meeting with Brewster was nothing out of the ordinary, and I was able to get my coffee and back home without a hitch. Only a few minutes later did Micheal come knocking on my door, asking to hang out. He felt a little bad he hadn't greeted me the first day he returned to town, and so I invited him in. We talked, he gave me a lovely piece of coral, and as I began to write today's article he sat quietly, half falling asleep. Seems he hasn't been getting much sleep lately, poor thing, but he knows he's always welcome to nap at my place if he wants.

Micheal left after a couple hours, and it was about time for me to get lunch. I finally headed out of my place, deciding to visit Tia's for some tea and a light meal. Her drinks never fail to impress me, and Cathy was in-house for once! We all sat down together to chat about things and do some catching up. After all, Cathy's been gone for a whole year- some family things, you know how it can be sometimes. Not all of us are lucky enough to live in the middle of the ocean 24/7! Tia is awful sweet, and was trying to offer me my drink for free due to us being such close friends, but I had to decline. She's a small business and she can't be having one of the few people who live on Utopia getting free drinks all the time! We sat for what must've been over an hour before Tia had a big batch of customers come in, so I finished up my lunch with some me-time alone, before heading out to take a walk around the island.

You know, the island right after Micheal returns from wherever the heck he disappears to is always at its most stunning. The flowers today were all perfectly arranged, with no straggling colors or overgrown fields. The weed problems we were experiencing around Resident Services and by the Zen Garden were also eradicated. It was honestly one of the most pleasant strolls I've had in a long while, and that's saying a lot, because even when a little messy, Utopia never seems dirty.

I've always been a writer, and not a photo taker. For this I have to apologize, because it completely slipped my mind to take any pictures of Utopia in it's perfect state, and I'm already late to submitting this entry for review. Once I ended my walk earlier today, I came home and immediately began writing. I know it doesn't seem like I did much today, but each moment on the island of Utopia is one to be experienced and savored. I could not possibly tell you every in-and-out of what makes this town wonderful. I've already written quite the hefty entry, so I will have to leave it here, myohmy.
As always, I end my entries with a quote of the day. Today's quote is from Tia, who says: "Tea is a cup of life." Consider that, will you?

kEjE6lz.jpg

Last edited:
February 6, 2023
GkFqSuQ.jpg

OMIGOSH, so, like, basically, a few days ago Micheal was like "Hey Flora, you should write today's post for the new and improved island journal." And I was like, well DUH I'd do that, that sounds so cool!
He asked me to do that on the 30th of January.
IT IS THE SEVENTH OF FEBRUARY!!!!!! OMIGOSH!!

Anyways hiii, I'm Floraaa, everyone's favorite Ostrich and the cutest up-in-coming popstar on Utopia! I know, I know, but all autographs can be saved for the end, got it? I guess I can tell you about yesterday, since it has been a while since this was updated. I mean it WAS my responsibility. Hope I don't mess up Micheal's chances for whatevs by doing that, but I'm sure he won't mind! Right? Yeah, probably, pinky.

As always, I started the day saying hi to the folks. We've got Mom, Dad, Bro, Sis, and my pet sea bass for good measure. I like to sit at home and practice my lines for the inevitable interview that'll send me traveling across the world. Sometimes I break into an improvised song and start belting out some tunes. This time, when that happened, I had Shari come over and tell me to quiet down because it was "7 in the morning," and, "everyone is still asleep!" Pah! If only she knew what true musical talent was! My voice is so melodic that it SHOULD leave everyone awake and ready to take on the new day! Oh but whatevs, I guessed it was probably time for me to go pop over to The Roost for my morning cup-o-coffee, along with something to eat.
H3Cng37.jpg
Brewster was at the counter as usual, but I was super surprised to see Kidd and Don enjoying a chat so early in the morning. Kidd's the resident gossip of the town, even more than Judy, and I just HAD to get the tea on what's been happening. I ordered my Venti Triple Caramel Iced Chocolate Macchiato and took a seat. Brewster gave me a latte with sugar. He tried, and it WAS a delicious coffee, but defs NOT what I ordered at all. Anyways, Don never struck me as someone to want to gather the latest gossip from Kidd, but turns out they all weren't gossiping, at least not at first. Turns out Don, being part of Cleaning Services here on the island, had mentioned there were a ton of complaints recently about bugs EVERYWHERE in town. He had figured that it had to do with the changing weather, but Kidd said that it might be something, uh, "more nefarious," whatever THAT means. He said something about bugs and some kinda war and Micheal's secret room- I honestly didn't get what the heck he was talking about, but whatever it was, it sure sounded complicated. I kinda spaced out after a while and finished my coffee, bidding everyone a cheery goodbye!
Mj4AKEh.jpg

The rest of my day wasn't anything to really write about, besides me meeting up with Rocco and- oh! I saw Cathy!!! Its always nice to see her, especially since she was out of town until really recently. She even gave me a peach smoothie!! I was SO incredibly thankful. Somehow it made me feel all warm inside, even though it was a cold drink on an even colder day. So, like, if you're reading this, thank you again Cathy!! I'll make sure I get you a good gift you'll LOVE.
Alright, I think that I've blabbered here enough about how sweet my day was, and I'm sure Micheal needs to catch up on entries before the deadline. What's the deadline? Doesn't matter!!! :p

note from ISO to subordinates: monitor Kidd as a potential threat to security.
note from ISO to Agent M: make sure Flora submits things on time, next time.

Confidential Surveillance Log February 7, 2023 Property of Nook Inc. Reproduction and distribution of all contents herein is strictly prohibited.

Target of Surveillance Micheal R. Smells Resident Representative of Utopia Resident since March 19, 2020

Micheal has been paramount to not only the founding, but the continued improvement and advancement of Utopia. However, a few weeks after Utopia's founding, Resident Services began to recieve reports of odd behavior from Micheal. As this behavior and his demeanor grew more strange, insects, arachnids, and crustaceans began to appear on the island in droves, leading to complaints from the residents.

A hooded figure dressed in all black began to appear around Utopia in 2021. It has long been suspected that this figure was Micheal, but until today, we have been unable to find any compelling evidence to warrant further investigation. This hooded figure was seen entering Micheal's house in the early morning of February 7, 2023. Security footage was taken of the figure, attached below. You can see the figure enter the home through the front door, make it's way to the back of the main room, and disappear behind a bookcase.

2023012901382800-02CB906EA538A35643C1E1484C4B947D_1.jpg

2023012901383700-02CB906EA538A35643C1E1484C4B947D_1.jpg

When questioned about the hooded figure, Micheal declined any knowledge of it existing. Further investigation required, yes yes.

Last edited:
February 8, 2023

Dear Utopia,

MrEf9O4.jpg
My beloved island. A peaceful home out in the ocean, free from hardship and free from pain. A quiet place to relax under the sun in the summer, and by the fire in the winter. A lively place filled with friends big and small, and creatures familiar and strange. A comforting place with sights to behold all year round.

Every day is a day worth noting on this island. Even the most quiet of days have something to be talked about. That said, when Micheal welcomed me to write today's entry for Utopia's Newtopia, I immediately got a little case of writers block. It wasn't that I had no ideas of what to speak about, but that I had too many ideas of what to say. Putting pen to paper is difficult when there's a traffic jam of words that desperately want to make it out into the page.

Then I realized- isn't that what Utopia is? A bunch of ideas, tossed together onto an island like a big community salad. We have me, a writer at heart and a lover of nature, on an island with a very Lucky dog, a bear cub who may or may not have a criminal history, and the most swole elephant around. We have another elephant with a love of fine tea, a cat who speaks to bugs, and the best big sister you never had. And we can't forget the grandpa of the town, out favorite popstar, and the one who always has the juiciest gossip. Yes, everyone in Utopia is special in their own right, and we all come together to make something even more special. Utopia has no coherent theme, besides maybe Micheal's love for Halloween decor, and it doesn't need one. We all bring a bit of ourselves to make this island a better place.

If you had asked me two years ago what I would be doing now, I wouldn't have been able to guess I had dropped everything to move to an island in the middle of nowhere to enjoy the little things in life with complete strangers. Yet, here I am, wrapping up this letter of appreciation to my dear island of Utopia while sipping a coffee from The Roost. I sit with those complete strangers now turned best friends, and I couldn't ask for a better community.

With love,
Megan​

Last edited:
Hi everyone! Today is February 9th, 2023, pthhpth. I know that, because the bugs in the ceiling told me so! They also told me that I was supposed to write this, because Micheal asked me to, but I might've almost forgot. That's okay though, I remembered now!

I went around today and took a ton of pictures- oh, I should probably mention who I am huh? I'm Bob! You know, the purple cat? Loves food? Yep, that's me! I went around Utopia like usual today, only this time I took a bunch of pictures with all my friends to show all of you guys what I do in a day!

First thing's first: breakfast. I got up nice and late and had a biiiiig breakfast. It was pancakes! I love pancakes. I had forgotten to take a picture of my pancakes, though, because the bugs hadn't reminded me yet that Micheal told me to write for today, but they told me right afterward. I decided to go outside and play with all of my friends, 'cause that's the best way to spend a Friday! It was warmer than usual today, so I met up with Flora, Shari, and Judy in the plaza!
4LBFiS8.jpg

Judy said she was "much to sophisticated" to run around, whatever that means. It didn't matter though! She sang a bunch of songs while me and Flora and Shari all ran around the plaza. We played Tag, and Airplanes, and a bunch of other games that involve running in circles! It was a blast!!! Micheal came by at some point, which was kinda funny, 'cause we all haven't seen him for a whole week! I got him to take some really neat pictures of us all playing, but I think he was busy. The bugs in the walls said something about needing to meet with him the other day, maybe that's where he was going, pthhpth.
q5INMLx.jpg

After playtime, Shari and Judy had to go and take care of some things. So now Flora and I were left, but we didn't wanna stop playtime just yet! Flora asked Isabelle and Nook if we could have a campfire outside, and they said yes, so we set one up and sat down to warm our toes! Flora's birthday was today you know! That was the main reason why I wanted to hang out with her all day, 'cause she's like, my best friend ever, and I wanted to spend a bunch of time with her!! Because, she's so cool and pretty and amazing and great! We got some super cool selfies too, and Cathy brought by some marshmallows for us to roast. Thanks Cathy!
Lj8mxQd.jpg

At this point, it was getting to be late-lunchtime and I was getting sleepy and ready for my late-afternoon-early-evening nap! I had to say bye to Flora, heading to Cathy's restaurant to pick up a cup o' minestrone to go. It was sooo warm and sooo good. I know today was warmer than most winter days, but this warmed my HEART! I sat outside my house under a tree and drank it. I couldn't help but doze off with a full belly...

That was my day! I know it wasn't the FULL day, but if I try to track anything more that happens today, I might just fall asleep before I submit this to be edited, so that's it! I think Megan said it really good yesterday, that Utopia is like a big community salad. I don't like salad, but I love Utopia, so maybe I do like salad!​

Attention All Utopia Residents​

February 10, 2023
Tom Nook speaking. Hello everyone of Utopia. I hope that this notice finds you well, yes yes. I also hope that it doesn't cause you too much upset, but it must be said.

Resident Services has received reports of a suspicious character dressed in all black prowling the island at night. They haven't seemed to cause any trouble yet, but we're most active tonight near and around Lucky's residence. Don't worry, Lucky is perfectly safe. He was too busy having a late-night snack to even notice the strange character around, mmhmm.

That aside, if you see this strange person, do not approach. Keep yourselves safe! Report their whereabouts to Resident Services: open 24/7. Perhaps they're a friend, but we can never be too safe, yes yes.

Photo's of this suspicious figure are below. They were captured by Rocco, so thank him for looking out for the safety of our island!

5S6HuzX_d.webp

wmZL8Fb_d.webp

Kidd'n Around​

February 11, 2023
What is up my people! Welcome to today's edition of Kidd'n Around, where you can learn not only important news about the state of Utopia, but about my day to day life. Oh yeah, what makes Kidd, Kidd, wut!

Now who here's been following Utopia's Newtopia closely? Anyone notice how each post is a day behind? If you ask me, I think there's something fishy going on. I can't be spreading conspiracy though... I can't have anymore complaints sent to me by Resident Services.

Yeah yeah, I know, my gossip can get outta hand sometimes, can it? That's why today I took the time and effort to not mention a single rumor to a soul. So I didn't! And I did pretty good, if I do say so myself. Lucky for me, it was a super chill day, and I spent most of it at the town plaza with my friends. Rocco, Flora, Tia, and Judy were all there hanging out, so it was tough to not wanna talk about all the weird goings-on around town, but that's alright!

For lunch today, I picked up some soup from Cathy's and dang, was it good. I sat in the plaza to reminisce about the past year and what this year is going to be. The snow is about to melt and spring is on its way in soon. Utopia is ever similar as ever, the same people, the same buildings, and yet it feels like it is on the cusp of great change. Now, I know I said I wasn't gonna be gossiping, and I'm not! I really do believe what I say when I say that Utopia is changing rapidly, and I think that it's for the better. 2023 is looking to be yet another pretty crazy year already, but I think that this island is gonna make it a good kinda crazy.

I've blabbered about nothing plenty already, and I know im being monitored right now, so I'll bid ya adieu!

wAz0I1r_d.webp

note that I am submitting this only a few hours after "yesterday's" entry. I totally understand if I'm disqualified from earning participation, but I wanted to do at least 10 entries so I'm doin' this one still darn it!!!

Utopia's Newtopia: A Retrospective of Us​

Micheal R. Smells
February 12, 2023
2DRvyJW.jpg

Greetings, readers of Utopia's Newtopia. 'Tis I, Micheal Smells, Resident Rep of the Island of Utopia. I bring to you the final post of Utopia's Newtopia: at least for the time being. I'm a busy fellow, you know, and having the residents of the island write for this newsletter was kinda a bust. Now I love all my animals, but their writing skills aren't all the best. Sure, it's probably my fault that I gave no one any kind of advice or suggestions on format or coherency, so the Island Journal kinda turned into a bit of a mess, but I mean... is it really? If anything, the lack of coherency in this Journal has been a good thing, for a very specific reason!

When I was first appointed resident representative of Utopia, I had one thing in mind for the island: the theme would be no theme. Everyone has a theme for their island, and I've always adored the use of theming your island or town in order to make it more unique, or to fit your aesthetic, or to challenge yourself, or whatever. Y'see, while I love themes, I also like doing whatever the heck I want. When Shari and Axel and I came to Utopia, I knew that if all of us wanted to make it a specific theme, we would never agree on any one thing. So, the idea to theme Utopia after having no theme came up, and in the near three years that this island community has been together, I'd say that this has been a successful venture that has benefited all of us. Lack of central theme means regular changes are easy to make. Lack of coherency means that everyone can have their own space. Everyone's suggestions are taken into consideration and everyone's suggestions can be used in one way or another. That is why Utopia's Newtopia, in my opinion, has been a success. It carries the same sort of air as the island itself. Everyone does their own thing, and we are all able to connect through one another's ramblings and words.

bYaYBi8.jpg
That aside, from here on out I will be the one heading this new and improved Island Journal- though that means that there's no telling when the next post will be. I'm a very busy guy y'know! While it seems that others on Utopia have a lot of strange ideas about where I may be for such long periods of time sometimes, and what I might be doing, but I insist that everything you've heard are simply rumors. I have not been "communicating with bugs" and I definitely know nothing about the character in black who's been creeping around Utopia at night. Kidd, Bob, and Lucky just have over active imaginations! Don't we all? Yet another reason Utopia is so special~ I leave you here to reflect on the past few years. I know they've been crazy, and I know that things seem grim at times, but we've gotten this far, haven't we? Sticking it out this long means that nothing's gonna stop us, especially not anyone on the island of Utopia! Remember, The Council is watching, keeping Utopia safe from usurpers at all times. Watch your step! See y'all later!

e2mMO6e.jpg

Back