• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Zipper's Zany Zillion - Answers Posted!

I'm on 8 and I feel like I've tried every possible combination (though, since I haven't gotten it, I know I haven't). I'm pretty sure I'm on the right path so I will keep trying but this is tough!
Post automatically merged:

Oh my goodness I got it as soon as I posted this. Figures!

hi! i know that most people finished every challenge and won’t be returning, but i’m struggling with the sixth challenge and i need help. i have everything figured out, but i don’t know how to redeem it :<
i followed the instructions the message gave me, but it wouldn’t work so idk if i’m missing something. i just want to know if i have to reorganize the letters, or if i’m supposed to leave it as is (?!??)
You do NOT need to do that and enter it as is

Is this event closed? I got .5 coins just a few minutes ago but it won't let me redeem the code for the second clue, which I know to be correct.

Is this event closed? I got .5 coins just a few minutes ago but it won't let me redeem the code for the second clue, which I know to be correct.
I don’t think so as it isn’t listed for an end date in the first post. Maybe try again or attempt the other challenges to see about it?

I don’t think so as it isn’t listed for an end date in the first post. Maybe try again or attempt the other challenges to see about it?
Hmm, weird. I can't see how I could possibly be wrong as the code spells a sentence, so switching out letters wouldn't make any sense and I've triple-checked. I tried redeeming the code four or five times. I must be going wrong somewhere--just didn't want to keep trying if the window had closed.

Hmm, weird. I can't see how I could possibly be wrong as the code spells a sentence, so switching out letters wouldn't make any sense and I've triple-checked. I tried redeeming the code four or five times. I must be going wrong somewhere--just didn't want to keep trying if the window had closed.
Hope it's not too late. Maybe try all caps if you haven't?

It seems really weird to close this event without even posting here or in the OP, but I can't seem to redeem the code for #3 either, and the hints seem to confirm beyond all doubt that I'm correct. Maybe it was just on a timer and staff haven't confirmed yet? I assumed the event would close on an hour mark, but I redeemed the first code at 10:12 and by 10:23 I couldn't redeem.
Hope it's not too late. Maybe try all caps if you haven't?

I have, sadly. Gonna be a little annoyed if I end up with a random .5 coin because I couldn't redeem the other codes a few minutes later after the event disappeared into the mist without warning. I thought it was going to close at the same time as the other things that last through Halloween night.

The redemption codes still work, but they won't for much longer. The event will be closing in about 5 minutes!

The redemption codes still work, but they won't for much longer. The event will be closing in about 5 minutes!
Would it be possible to send you a couple of the codes I've tried to confirm it's possible and not messed up for me somehow?

skullzipper.png

Zipper's codes have been cleaned up and are no longer available to redeem. Did you get them all? Below are the answers and solutions to each of the eight challenges.

Challenge #1
Creator:
@Chris
She haunts where the river runs red and the iris blooms.

Answer: THEBELLWITCH
Solution: Red River and iris pointed you toward Tenessee. The Bell Witch is a local legend.

Challenge #2
Creator:
@Chris
Mzar mur tnklm crmmrk gt rzpu erpnhurkre sgke mg pkrzmr mur krerdhmngf pger.

Decoded: Take the first letter of each deciphered word to create the redemption code.
Answer: TTFLOEDWTCTRC
Solution: This was a keyword cipher - without the keyword! If you're curious, the keyword was "Zipper T Bunny".

Challenge #3
Creator:
@Mistreil

Answer: RUBY
Solution: This is a close-up of our Ruby character collectible.

Challenge #4
Creator:
@Mick
it is time.
-8 -19 -7 -17 -18 -9 -12 +2

Answer: POCKETCAMP
Solution: convert "it is time" to numeric (9 20 - 9 19 - 20 9 13 5), add the numbers, and you are left with 1 1 - 2 2 - 2 0 1 7. This was the worldwide release date for Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp.

Challenge #5
Creator:
@Mick
Your mom.

unoreverse.png

(To be on the same page: 3830.)

Answer: could be found on @micksmom2's about me.
Solution: go to page 3830 of the member list, select @micksmom2's profile and click the link in their "About Me" tab.

Challenge #6
Creator: @Chris
Ttrnomh hiit nnee othd frsntec rioie soogls nelm huwicutt.

Decoded: The solution is written in the second column from the right.
Answer: LSNELMH
Solution: This was a playfair cipher and needed to be laid out in a square grid:

Screenshot 2023-10-31 at 18.54.26.png

Challenge #7
Creator: @Jeremy

Answer: OPALESCENTOLEANDER
Solution: This is a close-up of the Opalescent Oleander backdrop from our Easter 2023 event.

Challenge #8
Creator: @Chris
Roses are red, violets are blue,
Al Mooney is blushing, ask him who.

Answer: THEBELLEOFBELFAST
Solution: In the folk song I'll Ask Me Ma, Albert Mooney was in love with The Belle of ------. The song has regional variants, so which city should you pick for this event? The one with "bell" in the name of course! 🔔
Earworm:

Thank you for hosting this event, and also for everyone giving hints ☺️ It's been lots of fun!

This one made me scream when I realised what it was- I was getting regional results for some stuff so I checked nintendo release dates but because acpc was released a month early in Australia I saw a different date and moved on without thinking about it lol

thank you to everyone who posted hints for each of these! i am 4 carnival coins richer because of you. ☺️💜

i honestly don’t think i would have gotten any of these on my own and the ruby and opalescent oleander ones would’ve been especially embarrassing considering how much i’ve been playing around with collectibles as of late, and the backdrop is one of my favourites.

Ty for hosting this event! I love the puzzles, even when they make me crazy (because I'm sure that's the answer but it's not exactly the answer, haha).

Edit: Had to add...when The Belle of Belfast City (or any other city, or just Belle of all the cities) didn't work, I thought- well maybe it wants the name. After typing in a million of the name possibilities (jenny murphy, murray, etc) I went back to trying the Belles.... and that's when I FINALLY left off "city" and was able to redeem the code.

That one gave me the most trouble, and when I realized I had it from the start, just needed to keep "the" and drop "city".... hahaha... 🎃

Last edited:
Back