• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Mafia Miraculous Ladybug Cultists [Congrats Cult!]

voting cpu until they talk

this is dumb adn you know it's dumb, never vote based on inactivity- let them get mod killed. don't waste a lynch. c'mon toad.

Soz I've been working on other stuff for classe tm. I'm being honest here, I'm just a bit confused on the game. The amount of inactives in this game also doesn't help. I'm having conflicting thoughts on Toad, who got really emotional and aggressive to duck, but apparently that's how he usually acts so idek.

I'm short, I'm stumped.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also calling out Tae to being online a lot today(he's even online rn) and still not really saying much. It's the avoidance of the threads that's off to me.

i was on ow with tom drunk off my ass for like 6 hours. sorry bro. everytime i drink and mafia nothing good comes of it.
(see: day care mafia where i ripped toad a new *******)

Oh yeah I was gonna keep it to myself for now, but since someone else mentioned it I was also bussed last night.

welp i guess you and athena swapped last night then.

Like I'm gonna cause a lynch on cpu all by myself? and yes I could be inclined to change that vote throughout the day (its more than liley), in fact I plan on making more reads on everyone after I finish this presentation and stuff for school today before day ends. Maybe I will vote on top of it, maybe not.

you're being stupid toad, told lynch for inactivity. let her get mod killed.

For neglecting the thread(and not having many other leads) while being online a lot(even Moreso than Crys), I'm putting my vote on Tae. I have work now so I show be home a couple of hours before day end. Sorry that I've been reading very little into the game rn, everything's starting up for me so I gotta let everything set.

you're also being stupid, lack of activity =/= always equal scum/cult. if you'd looked into my post history of the day rather than my online discord activity you'd know damn well that i didnt post much on tbt at all yesterday and that i spent a good chunk of my time playing overwatch WHILE YOU WERE ALSO IN THE CALL buddy.

if you're still feeling inclined to vote me regardless, i feel bad bc it's only going to **** over town. enjoy it danny boy.

@Fleshy: Cult doesn't kill unless you're talking about after leader death? I'm not necessarily writing off inactives, but if the common thought is that cult would recruit inactives to win, wouldn't it stand to reason that they not do that N0 at least?

as for my reads the only things that rub me the wrong way are: toad & dan's idiotic reasons for voting based on inactivity when they both know damn well it's better to not waste a lynch when they can just be mod killed bc of inactivity. and ducks sheer attitude towards the entire game as a whole. her attitude is uncaring and her abrasiveness is off putting.

as for my reads the only things that rub me the wrong way are: toad & dan's idiotic reasons for voting based on inactivity when they both know damn well it's better to not waste a lynch when they can just be mod killed bc of inactivity. and ducks sheer attitude towards the entire game as a whole. her attitude is uncaring and her abrasiveness is off putting.

I do this all the time to inactive people to try to pressure them to speak up/ mess up.... Example, in the last game (not micro) when I voted Fleshy on this basis to pressure him to talk and it worked. I put votes on people a lot to try to pressure them or have them make mistakes, give content.... why do you think I was a snide little jerk to Duck yesterday? because they were acting disinterested and abrasive towards RQS and the game like you say, so I worked to piss them off. And it worked :) they posted RQS answers and started to act like they care more.

If crys is doing this purposefully, I wouldn't expect it to work.... because she despises me and I know my tricks aren't good enough to get her to come out. But I never expected to vote her by the end of the day

But geez Tae let me vote who I want!!

taesaek said:
(see: day care mafia where i ripped toad a new *******)
it is a good read, quite funny, and like my first taste of Mafia salt. 10/10 would recommend.

- - - Post Merge - - -

If crys is avoiding the thread completely, I wouldn't expect my vote to actually call her out*
my last post was a a little vague at this part

Here's my reads/summary of whats happened so far

Hayden- The little contradictions about his activity/play style this game are sticking out to me. Stating in his RQS that he couldn't be bothered this game, then turning around and saying he wants to take it seriously.
4. What's your playstyle like? I try to mix it up but tbh I cbf this game
no jk i sorta wanna take this game srsly so pls let me be ^.~
but other than that i think he is playing normally for his town meta him coming out of left field with rando reads and votes early in the game isn't weird behavior for him.

Endless- It's always hard for me to completely trust Abe he is very sly with his words and intelligent about the game enough to pass himself off as a "town leader" when he really isn't a town member at all, he's helpfulness towards the newer players is nice but don't let him pull a cloth over your eyes, hold him to his

Mogyay- I feel like she is playing as town rn, as scum she usually hides a little more in the shadows, but her willingness to contribute and question players, makes me trust her as town.

Tom- I also have a hard time trusting Tom, he usually plays in a very detached way, where it seems like he doesn't wanna help town so i usually end up scum reading him, i would like for him to explain the No Lynch idea, so i can better understand where he's coming from. UPDATE* says the No Lynch was a joke... hmm... was it though ?

Athena- She hasn't contribute much, mostly filler about roles and being "bussed" or "driven" she did do this tho that stuck out of me im not completely sure she said it just for the lolz or not.
Oh, my bussed was Night 0 I think. Sorry!
And as for Wise/Godot... I think he is fairly new to this (and not frequent her as I recall) so I don't think lynching him at this moment will be... Wise!
Jokes aside, is it possible if you fill me in on anything important? It is kinda hard to cross-examine around twenty people at once!
Not only the defending or Wise but also it would be WISE to read back and form your own opinions so we can get a read on you rather than just taking anyones word for whats happened so far.

Duck- The refusal to participate in the RQS was strange to me, I mean it's only 6-7 harmless questions, the hesitation to answer them and the fear of being lynched for it makes me feel like they have something to hide.
I don't want to follow
The system
if this gets myself lynched D:
also they seem to have this unwillingness to be cooperative.
Why not? The answer is quite simple.
I was lazy and didn't feel like checking.
Done.
I was busy and didn't feel like making a post
To me these just seem like half a$$ excuse as to why you are being vague.

Daniel- I would like some kind of read post from him before EoD if thats at all possible, his activity is high which is good but most of the post are either tearing other peoples post down or filler, so i need more substance.

Toad- His little grammar feud with Duck, is usual Toad, he gets emotional while scum hunting and im town reading him for it.

Chrystina- I think she is following her usually town meta and i can also see an improvement, less tunneling and more logic, i like it. Town reading her as of now.

Entropy- Not sure what she's up to, she's usually a lot more helpful from what i can remember, but sometimes she doesn't make decent post til later in the game, so for now im keeping an eye on her, if she doesn't show a greater interest in scum hunting soon, ill have to move her to my scum reads.

Cpu- Hasn't posted anything thus far, unlike her normal behavior, I'm starting to get annoyed/suspicious.

Curry- I like his long post addressing most of the active players, makes me feel like he isn't trying to hide.

Taesaek- He hasn't posted much content yet, but i believe he has be busy (yes with OverWatch) and he's gonna make time to contribute in the near future, looking forward to that, so i can get a better read on him. UPDATE* Tae's come back, mostly just calling everything stupid. ha.

Fleshy- Has only had a few post and i can't get a read on him yet, he seems to want to go after the inactive players how aren't here and I understand the inactive players suck, but honestly people like Cpu might just end up getting modkilled for not voting or breaking the inactive rule.
I don't know, it's hard with so many players, especially considering quite a few people have been silent/very quiet. In a big game like this a few players seem to take the lead, which is good, but it can lead to some people keeping on the low and getting forgotten. Anyway, at the moment I'm probably leaning toward Daniel, I mentioned him earlier and I agree with what Chrys has said regarding him, he just seems to be acting out of character in general and it's sending red flags. It's only a slight scumread on him though, but I don't have any better ideas as of yet, I can see Toad's reasoning for voting cpu though.
I personally don't think we should go easy on inactives, especially if it's out of character for them to be so inactive. I don't really see the point in lynching someone just for being inactive so early on (when there might be better options), but like Mog said, I'm also not writing off inactives, I did that in previous games and they turned out to be scum.
I do think NL could be worse in this game though, then cult get a free kill and recruit(?), and we haven't even tried. Also Tom, why not recruit inactives? I mean, you're writing them off right now, and that's what cult would want, to be written off, so surely recruiting lurkers/inactives would be a way for cult to keep on the low?

Seroja- I'm town reading her, her activity is strong and she seems to be scum hunting and willing to help the new players have a better understanding of the game.

Iwaseleanor- At first their almost overly confident comment towards Heyden about the game set up was alarming.
I must be mistaken, but I thought there's a scum team and a cult team?? Or am I just understanding wrong..
It clearly says not in the first post, if you're serious.
To me the Set Up in the OP isn't typed out that "clearly" but after their explanation.
I acted a little aggressively towards Hayden and would like to clarify. There are things that pop out to me reading the original post making me fairly certain of their being no mafia. For starters, the lack of a mention of a Mafia team. Also wouldn't cult AND Mafia be overpowered? Also, the host goes on about how she compensated various factors of a cultist game by making there far more town than cultists. From this I don't think she would add mafia, since town would be double-screwed.
Outside of the first post, there was no deaths on N0 too.
i'm willing to let it rest, but i will be watching their future behavior closely.

Menchie- I need a little more effort for them, they have popped in a couple times just confused af it seems.

Amanda- I'm very impressed with her so far she has shown great understanding of the game and also is putting the time and effort in to help us scum hunt by making well organized reads/post. Town reading as of right not.

Wisemimir- Never answered the RQS. Has two in game posts one of which pertaining to the game that show hesitance to trust Endless and throws a vote on Toad cause well... "why not"
And how are we supposed to be able to trust your word, Endless? Not to antagonize, but we have no way of knowing who can and can't be trusted.
Threw a vote in because why not.
a few of us have expressed interest in hearing an explanation but nothing in reply thus far.

Tasuot- Hasn't posted much of anything so far, says they were gonna read back, hopefully they contribute soon.

with the little to no info this is the best i can do atm, i don't want to lynch Cpu for the inactivity i rather her let herself get modkilled, but im still uncertain who's the best lynch candidate rn, we have less then an hour and a half to decided im gonna look over the votes thread, double check some post, and try to make a decision.

I was mostly joking about no lynching since you guys lynched me for it last game, but at the same time I really don't see how no lynching is even worse in a cult game. "We need to narrow down suspects!!" Okay but like we're going after inactives, which shows that if everyone is thinking about going after inactives what does that mean? If you guessed Cultists not recruiting inactives, you guessed right!!! So all we're doing is effectively whitling away at our numbers while cult recruits talkers or potential talkers. People lurking the thread or inactive probably aren't going to be cult at all.
I agree with the latter part of your post, 100%. As for the bolded part, I think Abe explained it best here:
@Panda NL is even worse in a cult game than in a mafia game. Think of a convert like this: a town player is night killed, then a new player joins the game as cult.
Hence, the ability to cult is about 3-4 times as strong as the ability to night kill. Letting cult have a free cult is practically suicide.

To further comment on the inactives (and how mogyay pointed out people like Seroja and Kat in past games turned out to be mafia, when they were barely around) I could see that happening in this game, as well. But a player like Crys who literally hasn't posted at all, it's different imo. I feel like the cult leader/cultists would post, but just enough so all of us think "well at least they're trying". Actually Seroja fits both these categories, but I'll have to read back on her past games to get a better read on her.

Fleshy- Has only had a few post and i can't get a read on him yet, he seems to want to go after the inactive players how aren't here and I understand the inactive players suck, but honestly people like Cpu might just end up getting modkilled for not voting or breaking the inactive rule.

I don't want to go after inactive players, I even said I don't think we should lynch someone just for being inactive, but at the same time I don't think we should just let them slip by/forget about them (especially if it's out of character), as doing so caused problems in previous games I've played.

I'll try to get basic reads out before the end of day.

Ok ok I just got off work so lemme read what I've missed

- - - Post Merge - - -

okay the people voting for inactives is just a huge red flag for me. Question for Daniel and toads- Don't you think if tae and/or Crys were the cult leader they would at least show some effort in the game? especially crys. this is unlike her regardless of alignment. tae is always a wild card for me so idk much about what his activity would be like but why would they hide from the game with the risk of being lynched?

on a side note, I'm really appreciating Amanda's reads (especially for it being her first game) and I'm slightly back and forth with iwaselanor (sorry if I spelled this wrong, on mobile rip) but there's nothing they've posted that raises a red flag

Not nessasarily? With so many inactives I could imagine laying low would be a good way to just blend in for today. Idk how we're letting so many people who've barely posted in 3 days just scott free. Also why do you say Cult leader? It's oddly specific to say that.

I'm in on my phone rn so expect post merges

- - - Post Merge - - -

Tae's AtE tho. Is he usually like this? A little too aggressive and defensive in tone, but I'm glad you finally posted :)

I think you proved my point entirely. You were online for most of the day(past 3 days), and you've been playing overwatch and doing all this stuff, yet you haven't been posting here. To me it just seemed like you just avoided playing the game and did other stuff. Is there a reason you didn't post?

Going to also try and get one gathered post with my thoughts on everyone before EoD, but with one hour left I'm not sure. Daniel's lack of reaction towards his votes makes me feel kind of uncertain about my scum read on him.
Been reading off forum mafia games where Duck and Athena Cykes are from and both of them seem ok to me, for now.

@Endless - If you don't mind me asking, where else do you have meta? You're a townie in every game on TBT besides 2, one that was cancelled and one that's too old for me to consider as recent/legit meta. :c

To those pointing out my lack of making substance posts, yeah I see that. Don't really have an excuse other than I've just been busy with new stuff. That and my unfamiliarity with how to play cult games just makes it hard for me. That's really all I can defend myself with unless someone has a question for me other than my passiveness. I'll try making reads now

- - - Post Merge - - -

Oh f**k I thought it ended in 2 hrs? Def gonna make some rushed reads now

Damniel said:
So are the cultist not actually able to kill? Like do they just recruit more people or eventually kill people off?

I honestly see Daniel's genuineness in posts like this. I think he just doesn't understand the set up as well, and with new players he doesn't want to go all accusatory on them.
Damniel said:
Hey duck how many games have you played before hand? And can you link me to some of them? This applies to the new tbters if they've played before too.

Like he just looks to be gathering information about people actually... It isn't substance but something like this is more helpful. I don't think scum players would be trying to learn new players meta, but rather being indifferent to the new players.

Damniel said:
Toads is obsv scum pls lynch

and stupid ish like this so early in the game is not something a mafia player would do. Come out the gates swinging like this? it shows to me as more reaction testing than trying to place votes on innocent people.... no mafia would do that and give such an opportunity to get so much heat that early on

I don't want to go after inactive players, I even said I don't think we should lynch someone just for being inactive, but at the same time I don't think we should just let them slip by/forget about them (especially if it's out of character), as doing so caused problems in previous games I've played.

I'll try to get basic reads out before the end of day.

@Fleshy i'm sorry if i miss-interrupted your post, ill look over them again.

sorry if reads are brief

hayden: i'm always a little unsure of you but past actions in games make me believe you're town and just wanting to start a discussion. after people yesterday when people were calling you out you've been laying pretty low. not sure what to make of that.

endless: you're always helpful and quick to answer questions in regards to the game but i'm always a little nervous you take up your 'town lead' role to manipulate players. i'm not saying i have any evidence that's what you're doing and i honestly don't think that you are but it's more just a small worry in the back of my mind. i agree with what panda said, don't trust him just because he's experienced.. "More than everyone else in this game combined. I'm the resident mafia grampa." :p

tom: still a little suspicious, i do understand what he's saying but i just can't tell if this is coming from a good or a bad place. i agree with panda actually, i sometimes can't work out if he's helping town or not. less suspicious since he explained his thoughts but i'm still a little hesitant to trust him.

athena cykes: you've only really mentioned being 'bussed' you haven't really given your thoughts and opinions on the game yet. you've only defended wise after their pretty weird move.

duck: i appreciate you answering the questions but it's pretty sad that you had to be pretty much forced to. your attitude is pretty off to me. so obviously off that i find it hard to think you'd be mafia but i'll have to keep an eye out. your inability to answer the rq's makes me think you're attempting to hide, hm.

damniel: i still kinda stand by what i said earlier. i appreciate you're here and answering to what people have said but i still don't like how you attempted to make abe/toad/curry look bad for things that seem pretty reasonable to me. it's just so suspicious that it was all three players i guess.

toadsworthy: interested in seeing what you say about dan. you're a good player and in the games i have played with you (bar turbo) your reads have been very accurate. i town read you right now, you seem to be playing how you usually do as town.

chrystina: seem to be playing like your usual impressive town self. you're always confident calling out people and asking questions so i'm town reading you right now. however, perhaps it's unfair to say since i was in the team with you but i don't think i'd be able to tell your scum by that game either lol.

entropy: haven't really posted anything, watching this space.

cpu: haven't posted anything. don't know what to think. seems a little bit too dangerous just to completely not say a thing if you're mafia but i don't think we should rule it out either.

curry: town reading! i thought your post was articulate and well thought out in regards to what dan said. i do think some of what you said had been mentioned but i don't think that needs to be looked into that deeply as these things inevitably happen in mafia and you expanded on them rather than just rephrased them.

panda: town right now! helpful and questioning. i know she's changed up her style a bit so it's maybe a little harder to read her but i know she wanted to since before this game!

taesaek: hm, i'm happy you have shown up but it's just to react to what toad was saying. would prefer if you let us know how you felt about the game!

fleshy: town reading for now. i don't really have all that much to go off for now but you seem to be posting similar to your last games. i feel like you sometimes come across as pretty reserved but i think that's just you play. i think i've played all the games you have played bar one so i feel pretty comfortable town reading you for now!

seroja: i know you're busy so i'm trying not to look into it too much but you're just not playing as how i remember you as town. you were a lot more active and thoughtful? your reads are short and you haven't said as much this game. it's early days though so i'm not really reading into it too much, plus you've been very helpful answering questions.

ok i'm sorry i have literally ran out of time lol, amanda i think is town, wise i'm still a bit iffy on and everyone else i haven't mentioned is null to me right now as they haven't posted enough for me to get a read. i'm sorry for how short these are i didn't realise the time.

I honestly see Daniel's genuineness in posts like this. I think he just doesn't understand the set up as well, and with new players he doesn't want to go all accusatory on them.

Like he just looks to be gathering information about people actually... It isn't substance but something like this is more helpful. I don't think scum players would be trying to learn new players meta, but rather being indifferent to the new players.

and stupid ish like this so early in the game is not something a mafia player would do. Come out the gates swinging like this? it shows to me as more reaction testing than trying to place votes on innocent people.... no mafia would do that and give such an opportunity to get so much heat that early on

For the first point, he asked a simple question, it doesn't seem obviously genuine to me, it's easy for cult to ask a question to appear town? Why wouldn't scum learn new players meta? They still have to make reads and suchlike, so it's of value for everyone to take notes of people's meta, regardless of if they're scum or not. Daniel always seems to make "stupid ish" (joking posts?) (in what i've seen of him anyway), I get what you're saying but if he didn't make such posts it'd be even more of a red flag as it'd be unlike him. I agree with Daniel that these are pretty weak reasons to be townreading him.

@Fleshy i'm sorry if i miss-interrupted your post, ill look over them again.

It's okay, I was just trying to explain further as I don't think I explained things well earlier.

Do you guys just want me to claim, don't think there much time for anything else :/

you've got 4 votes and 10 minutes so i think it might be a good idea to

- - - Post Merge - - -

unless it's not a good idea to aaaa, i'm so confused as to what to do rn

I honestly want to vote Tom. His posts don't have any reason behind them, they goad other people to push him, and I can see the bus claim as fake (like at the end of the game if he had lied, I wouldn't be surprised).

He is just kinda meming around about No lynches and telling people to vote him and no one seems phased. If you really didn't wanna get lynched day 1 like last time, you should act a little more serious... its honestly not that hard. And where even amongst your memey posts last time, I could see that you were Town... I don't feel the same way about you this time. Sorry but I'm voting Tom

Tom said:
bus bus bus bus bus bus

No reason, but it's already out there so

Tom said:
Oh yeah I was gonna keep it to myself for now, but since someone else mentioned it I was also bussed last night.

Tom said:
Lynch me anytime then bb

Quote Originally Posted by PandaDarling View Post
Ya I'm literally hungover dead, are you not reading the thread Tom? Cause I have posted.
To be honest I've been skimming over it at work, but now that I've got a few days off I will be trying to do something? I guess. Might just no lynch if that's possible because.

Wishy washy is Hayden in a nutshell honestly

Back