• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!
  • TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Mafia Miraculous Ladybug Cultists [Congrats Cult!]

Another post coming her in a few minutes. Athena is from Azurilland, on Azurilland "bussed" is referred to as being targeted/actioned by the bus driver, not being thrown under the bus by a team member like we use it.

- - - Post Merge - - -

here* in a few minutes

I'm dreadfully confused by the usage of "bussed" and "bussing" in this thread. It seems there are two distinct usages, but I am at an absolute loss as to the significance of either version (as given in the quoted post and mentioned in random posts by different people). I get that another site (where many new players have come from) uses the term differently to how it's used here - but I don't get how bussing works in either case, so have no idea how to interpret the mentions of it made by Tom or Athena Cykes. Please help!

Yesterday I started writing up my initial reads but gave up when I realised I was simply writing different versions of ____ has contributed___/not contributed and I had so many names with no contributions it seemed foolish to continue until there were more contributions. I got sidetracked from writing them today as my family came over to visit (I got to play with my nephew, yay!). In hindsight I should have just continued with what I had yesterday and posted it to generate content, lacking as it would have been. Though, now that I've discovered those clickable names in the OP I will have a *much* easier time going back over people's contributions - I love that convenience so much!!

Now that my partner is going to sleep (it's 12:30am), I can get cracking on those reads. I'll just ignore the bussing stuff until I have a better understanding of what that means and what the implications are.

Ok so yeah there are two meanings of bussing, I think I can explain them for you
1. (that I'm most familiar with) is when a mafia person trys to distance themself from their scum partner by denouncing them publicly whether because someone is about to be lynched or in general strategy.
-For example, if Steve was about to be lynched undoubtedly, Bob would say "yeah Steve is super scummy looking" or post reads or something rather than try to defend him even though they are on the same scum team. That way Bob can blend in with town and not look suspicious when it is revealed Steve is on mafia team
2. (this one I may not be on) refers to a bus driver role. Whose night action is to pick two players and switch their results.
here is a link http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Bus_Driver

@Amanda: In mafia there is a role called the "bus driver." What this role does is at night it takes two members and swaps them with each other. So Person A and Person B are targeted by the bus driver, all actions directed at Person A would go to Person B and all actions that would be intended to go to Person B would go to Person A. Assuming Tom and Athena are both telling the truth, in this case scenario, any actions directed to Tom would be directed at Athena instead and vice-versa.

Tom and Athena are referring to "bussed" as the above occurring. They (assuming they are telling the truth) were swapped by the bus driver and received a notification saying so. They are calling this being "bussed."

People like Chrys and Daniel and others are referring to "bussed" as being nice thrown under the bus by a teammate, typically in the mafia, or in this case the cult. It's a strategy used by scum so that they can appear to have helped lunch mafia and then people question if they were "bussing" the person or not to appear town.

I hope that provides more clarity.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Toads beat me to it, ****.

My, oh my, this game moves fast, I need a better way of keeping up with all that's going on hahaha

Thank you Toads and Curry for explaining the bus driver role!

Now then, I probably was not thinking critically because I have yet to find anyone scummy enough to place my vote on for D1. Here's my crappy list. Sorry if this list is ****ty. I'll put in more effort D2.

Town leans- Heyden, Athena, Toads, Curry, Fleshy, Amanda, Chrys, Mog
Slight town leans because of their posts (seems to be genuine). Nothing jumps out at me as scummy.

Null- Endless, Tom, Duck, entropy, Wise, Tasuot, Menchie
For Tom and entropy, they are srsly hard to read. I more or less know entropy's style is pretty relaxed and she usually writes more meaningful posts when she has gathered enough info, but I'm not comfortable with town leaning her just yet. Tom is just so wild.

Wise, Tasuot and Menchie are probably town but haven't posted enough for me to read them as such.

As for Endless, it doesn't matter if he appears to be helpful to town because he said so himself that he grinds content regardless of alignment. Null for now.

Slight sus- Panda, Dan, tae

Panda- Probably town, but most of her posts (if not all) seemed like fillers / town appearing (if that's the correct term).
Dan and Tae - actually, same reason as above.

--

On a side note, I'm leaving cpu out because she hasn't posted. I'll be going to bed now, good night!

Here are my first reads (oh my gosh I hate formatting and typing lists like this on my iPad so ****ing much - just getting the playerlist copy+pasted then segmented caused so much annoyance I've been swearing in my head the entire time I've been drafting this. I cannot face inserting quotes at this time but am happy to do so in follow up posts if this is desired by others) :

Playerlist

1) Heyden
Comments have been inconsistent and at times hard to make sense of, as others have pointed out quite a bit already. I haven't noticed anything *not* already discussed, though I am still very curious about the "cbf" line in the RQS and what this was supposed to convey (I don't believe this was explained, please correct me if I'm wrong).

2) Endless (AKA Abe)
Comments have been detailed and largely helpful - especially regarding gameplay, strategy, and terminology used. I gather this would be the case even if they were mafia/cult which makes a lot of sense to me, but obviously makes determining which team they're on difficult. I have seen nothing to indicate they're cult at this time.

Side note : I'm going to stick with "they/them" pronouns on Endless and anyone else that didn't specify which pronouns they prefer in their RQS or elsewhere in the thread, unless/until a preference is indicated.

3) Mogyay (AKA Mog)
Comments have been productive and questions asked of players have been spot-on, catching many of the things that I was wondering about myself (saving me the effort of asking, thanks!). I have seen nothing to indicate she is cult at this time.

4) Tom
Comments have been a mix of informative and irreverent - which means I don't understand about 1/2 of the content as I don't get the gaming references or in-joke stuff. This is normal for me when reading his posts elsewhere so I don't read anything into this pattern. I have seen nothing to indicate he's cult at this time (unless the bus thing ends up being significant for whatever reason).

5) Athena Cykes (AKA Meloetta)
Comments have remained consistent in tone and content regarding being new to TBT and how the game is played here, and the information given in the RQS has been born out so far about activity levels and the like. However, posts # 183, # 185, # 257, do not fit well with the confidence displayed in post # 259 - she is very familiar with - and comfortable using - mafia terminology, yet those 3 posts each display a measure of confusion/hesitancy/passiveness that I find striking compared with her other posts. I'm not reading too much into this at this stage, but it is definitely something I will be keeping in mind. I have seen some slight indications she may be cult, but am far from convinced at this time.

6) Duck (AKA Pokequeen, Queenie)
Comments have been clarifying game rules/etiquette or generally confusing, for the reasons others have raised already. Later comments addressed much of the confusion and expanded on previous insufficient information given, though I remain intrigued by how the "Wisemimir-voted-Toads-as-cult-because-of-apparently-grammatically-incorrect-posts" logic came about. Having re-read this entire thread numerous times, Toads would have to be one of the most grammatically-sound posters here but that's neither here nor there : why would someone having poor grammar be a reason to vote for someone? I can't fathom a person playing their first game choosing *that* as a reason to determine if a player is mafia/town or not, it just makes no sense. So I'm wondering why that rationale would even come up as a reason to explain someone's vote. Especially since Wisemimir is NOT a new player, as per their first post in this thread. I will continue to refer back to post # 196 in particular as it has a lot of curious content. I have seen some slight indications she may be cult, but am far from convinced at this time.

7) Damniel (AKA Daniel, CMD)
Comments have been largely focussed of game mechanics, RQS stuff, and following up on other people's posts. I found post # 194 (in response to post # 191 by Curry) very interesting as I read a lot of helpful detail in Curry's post that hasn't been addressed elsewhere in the thread, especially the part aimed at Wisemimir. This may be partly because I appreciate the explanatory detail given in the latter post - as a new player - but it seems odd to me to be so critical of that post in particular. I've noted that other players have suspicions about him, so there are some indications he may be cult, but am far from convinced at this time.

8) Toadsworthy (AKA Toads)
Comments have often been emotional but always informative and well-aimed at generating further content. I have seen nothing to indicate he's cult at this time.

9) Chrystina (AKA Chrys, Alexi)
Comments have been helpful and insightful, raising many of the same things I had (saving me from having to ask myself, thanks!). I have seen nothing to indicate she's cult at this time.

10) entropy (AKA M3ow)
I haven't known what to make of almost any of their comments here tbh, and I noticed they didn't post an RQS. Post # 244 makes a lot of sense in combination with post # 250 by Endless though. I have seen nothing to indicate they're cult at this time.

11) cpu (AKA Crys)
They haven't posted here since that initial post to join (as others have noted already), despite being around TBT and (I'm pretty sure) discord. I don't know if that means they're cult but it's not a good sign at this point.

12) Curry (AKA ClamEatsCurry)
Comments have been thoughtful and informative. Post # 191 in particular covered a lot of relevant ground. I have seen nothing to indicate he's cult at this time.

13) PandaDarling (AKA Panda)
Comments have been on-point, following up many of the things I had noticed (saving me from having to ask, thanks!). I have seen nothing to indicate she's cult at this time.

14) taesaek (AKA Tae)
I haven't known what to make of many of his comments here tbh. I found post # 188 confusing as this is a "no PM" game so I don't follow how a player could be bussed in conversation. I have seen nothing to indicate he's cult at this time.

15) Fleshy
Comments have been sparse but relevant when made. Post # 258 makes sense to me. I have seen nothing to indicate he's cult at this time.

16) Seroja
Comments have been helpful or focussed on game mechanics. I have seen nothing to indicate she's cult at this time.

17) Iwaseleanor
I'm not too sure what to make of their comments, though all but post # 222 have been explained now. Whilst I read the OP to mean there is NO mafia and won't be unless certain conditions are met, there was definitely reasonable room for confusion and I was surprised no one had asked about this until then. Since it was so clear in the OP to her then I'm wondering why she chose not to copy+paste and highlight the relevant section, for example. I'm also curious about why she haven't responded to the questions others have asked her, since she's been active here. I have seen nothing to indicate she's cult at this time.

18) Menchie
Comments have been reasonably explained by this being her first game. I noticed that she wrote she would be "Prolly REALLY active :p" in her RQS but has made 3 posts since, each being very brief and essentially only asking a question. I have seen nothing to indicate she's cult at this time.

19) amanda1983
I write too much as I'm ridiculously pedantic, I'm sorry. :/

20) Wisemimir (AKA Wise, Godot)
Everything I'm wondering about post # 145 has been raised by others. I noticed they haven't been active on TBT since approximately 1.25 hours after editing that last post.

21) Tasuot
Hasn't posted much to work with, but they've only played one game before this. I have seen nothing to indicate he's cult at this time.

Side note : Tasuot is mis-linked in the OP, clicking takes you to posts by Wisemimir instead (clicking Wisemimir also takes you to the posts by the latter).

I acted a little aggressively towards Hayden and would like to clarify. There are things that pop out to me reading the original post making me fairly certain of their being no mafia. For starters, the lack of a mention of a Mafia team. Also wouldn't cult AND Mafia be overpowered? Also, the host goes on about how she compensated various factors of a cultist game by making there far more town than cultists. From this I don't think she would add mafia, since town would be double-screwed.
Outside of the first post, there was no deaths on N0
too.

Hoping to work on some readings.

- - - Post Merge - - -

*there

For neglecting the thread(and not having many other leads) while being online a lot(even Moreso than Crys), I'm putting my vote on Tae. I have work now so I show be home a couple of hours before day end. Sorry that I've been reading very little into the game rn, everything's starting up for me so I gotta let everything set.

For what it's worth, I found the following part from the "Setup Notes" section near the end of post # 2 to be the most helpful in determining there would be no "mafia" at the start of the game :

This setup is a combination of mafia and cultists. Upon the cult leader dying, the cult lose the ability to convert, but gain KP (kill potential) like a traditional mafia. The equation for KP is [members of the mafia]/2, rounded up.

Read in conjunction with the "A general guide to cultists" spoiler at the start of that post, it seemed clear to me that cult would essentially convert to mafia if/when the cult leader dies, and there would be no mafia unless/until then.

Reads:
Endless/Abe
They seem to genuinely making an effort to help the town, and being extremely helpful. The fact that he said he 'grinds information regardless of his alignment' throws me a little bit, but for the moment he doesn't seem suspicious. Town leaning.
Chrys
Her posts seem to exhibit a genuine, not forced, lightness. She too seems to be trying to be helpful for the town. Town leaning.
Cpu
They haven't posted at all throughout the entire thread, other than one post. They have been on, despite having not posted on the forum. Curious as to why this is...
Damniel
Has not added much useful content to the thread, mainly fillers. When he came under suspicion, he has not yet defended himself, despite lurking. Scum leaning.
Duck
The fact that he voted Toad purely because of grammar is enough to make me suspect him. Illogical reason to vote somebody. I'm not entirely certain what to think on a whole
Toad
Acts quite emotional and defensive, but that seems to be his playstyle. He had a legitimate reason for voting cpu, and helped along the conversation. He doesn't appear to be sus to me.
I have nothing else major to say. I'll leave it as this for now.

EBWOP : ... and there would be no "mafia" (functionally, though still called cultists) unless/until then.

For what it's worth, I found the following part from the "Setup Notes" section near the end of post # 2 to be the most helpful in determining there would be no "mafia" at the start of the game :

This setup is a combination of mafia and cultists. Upon the cult leader dying, the cult lose the ability to convert, but gain KP (kill potential) like a traditional mafia. The equation for KP is [members of the mafia]/2, rounded up.

Read in conjunction with the "A general guide to cultists" spoiler at the start of that post, it seemed clear to me that cult would essentially convert to mafia if/when the cult leader dies, and there would be no mafia unless/until then.

Ya, i wasn't sure cause we had this game once BoI and there were two scum teams essentially, a mafia team and a third party team, so i thought maybe it would be similar to that with a mafia team and a cult team, but with no kills N0 you most likely correct, unless of course the kills are delayed for some reason like the conversions ? im not sure if thats possible though.

@Abe thanks for explaining it like that, makes more sense.

okay the people voting for inactives is just a huge red flag for me. Question for Daniel and toads- Don't you think if tae and/or Crys were the cult leader they would at least show some effort in the game? especially crys. this is unlike her regardless of alignment. tae is always a wild card for me so idk much about what his activity would be like but why would they hide from the game with the risk of being lynched?

on a side note, I'm really appreciating Amanda's reads (especially for it being her first game) and I'm slightly back and forth with iwaselanor (sorry if I spelled this wrong, on mobile rip) but there's nothing they've posted that raises a red flag

i'm still kinda confused that tom was possibly thinking a no lynch vote, i don't think he elaborated on why? i often feel that a NL is pretty tempting in a mafia game (especially on day 1) but this is cult mafia?? cult is only gonna expand so i think it's pretty crucial we at least try and nail someone. i know panda (i think) mentioned that tom advocated NL in the last game but i feel like that's redundant since this is a different set up. i dunno it's just not sitting right w me. maybe if he explained..

i agree dan has posted a lot of stuff that seem like he's trying hard to look as if he's town, for example calling out abe and toad while i think abe was being p reasonable and everyone knows toad can get a bit emotional and therefore lash out in a bit of a personal way. i don't think it's much of a red flag for them with their playstyles.. i'm interested to see his defense to the other comments before i make a vote though (although it's 10pm for me rn so ahhh)

also in regard to his vote on tae. it's true tae has been online and not posted but like i mentioned in the previous game being online on discord is v different to checking tbt. although i would prefer he check in on the thread at some point tonight. same with crys (believe i saw her on discord as well at one point but like i said earlier doesn't have to mean much)

I'm not sussing Daniel for some reason I remember. Will make my post in a few as I just got done with school and taking care of stuff

also tae didn't rly post much in the turbo mafia i think he's just addicted to overwatch LOL

- - - Post Merge - - -

Here are my first reads (oh my gosh I hate formatting and typing lists like this on my iPad so ****ing much - just getting the playerlist copy+pasted then segmented caused so much annoyance I've been swearing in my head the entire time I've been drafting this. I cannot face inserting quotes at this time but am happy to do so in follow up posts if this is desired by others) :

Playerlist

1) Heyden
Comments have been inconsistent and at times hard to make sense of, as others have pointed out quite a bit already. I haven't noticed anything *not* already discussed, though I am still very curious about the "cbf" line in the RQS and what this was supposed to convey (I don't believe this was explained, please correct me if I'm wrong).

oh i asked him about that! here u go

Heyden said:
mogyay said:
what do you mean by you try mixing it up and why can't you be ****ed doing that in this game?
Every game I usually try to mix up my meta, e.g. be super active or inactive, sh**post or provide posts with decent content, interact differently with people, etc. I know it makes it harder for people to townread me as such, but it has its benefits as well.

I was mostly joking about no lynching since you guys lynched me for it last game, but at the same time I really don't see how no lynching is even worse in a cult game. "We need to narrow down suspects!!" Okay but like we're going after inactives, which shows that if everyone is thinking about going after inactives what does that mean? If you guessed Cultists not recruiting inactives, you guessed right!!! So all we're doing is effectively whitling away at our numbers while cult recruits talkers or potential talkers. People lurking the thread or inactive probably aren't going to be cult at all.

I was mostly joking about no lynching since you guys lynched me for it last game, but at the same time I really don't see how no lynching is even worse in a cult game. "We need to narrow down suspects!!" Okay but like we're going after inactives, which shows that if everyone is thinking about going after inactives what does that mean? If you guessed Cultists not recruiting inactives, you guessed right!!! So all we're doing is effectively whitling away at our numbers while cult recruits talkers or potential talkers. People lurking the thread or inactive probably aren't going to be cult at all.

oh right haha, sorry i thought you were being serious. as far as i can see (i just got in and haven't looked at the voting thread) people seem to be going after dan right now and he hasn't been an inactive. also i have played a few games now where scum were inactive (seroja, kat). yes, they later became a lot more active but in the first day it seems to be a pretty successful move for mafia so i'm not prepared to just write off the inactives (i know u said probably but still) having said that i defs don't want to lynch any inactives rn. but ye, thanks for explaining. i see what u mean, i'd be interested what other people think. i'd hate to lose another town member because then we'd be at a huge disadvantage.

- - - Post Merge - - -

idk why i put 'another' in that last sentence, plz ignore

I personally don't think we should go easy on inactives, especially if it's out of character for them to be so inactive. I don't really see the point in lynching someone just for being inactive so early on (when there might be better options), but like Mog said, I'm also not writing off inactives, I did that in previous games and they turned out to be scum.

I do think NL could be worse in this game though, then cult get a free kill and recruit(?), and we haven't even tried. Also Tom, why not recruit inactives? I mean, you're writing them off right now, and that's what cult would want, to be written off, so surely recruiting lurkers/inactives would be a way for cult to keep on the low?

Back