Mafia Miraculous Ladybug Cultists [Congrats Cult!]

I must be mistaken, but I thought there's a scum team and a cult team?? Or am I just understanding wrong..

I'm busy right now, and will post a much more content heavy post later, but I'm just going to chop off the RQSs at this point. Anyone that hasn't done it yet shouldn't feel obligated to. (Of course, anyone that wants to can feel free to)

RQS is something I introduced to this site as an alternate method to RVS to transition from the awkward beginning of the game to the content filled meat of the game. Since this transition has already been effectively made, it's much, much more effective to have people provide their opinions on the current topics of interest than answer the questions. That's why it's RQS - Random question stage. That stage is over. Let's pursue the main portion of the game. (This is by no means saying you shouldn't use information from RQSes to aid your decisions. Of applicable, this is a good idea.)

Curious duck, did you just skip reading night zero or did you miss my reason for voting heyden? I'm not going to say it's conclusive evidence, but I strongly believe it's the best reasoning for a vote that's been presented in thread so far.

We're dealing with 2 cults and a cult leader. Only distribution that would actually balance a 20 player game. I'm going to read into the discussion over incorrect numbers earlier and figure out how much of it is legitimate, how much is in a grey area where I can't really tell and how much is awkward/fake appearing.
Tom, you said it wouldn't be fair to a new cult that was filter n1 if the leader was lynched day 1 - actually, it would be game over in that scenario. Cult has delayed conversion. There are currently (I assume) 2 cultists and a cult leader. At the start of a night, there will be 2-3 cultists and 0-1 cult leaders depending on who we lynch, but definitely 1 more than there was before night start.

We've also probably got a vigilante, (hopefully) a joat (jack of all trades, a role that has 4 different 1 use abilities, like a save, a kill etc.) Instead of a doctor, high priest (conversion immune role), cult-cop, and maybe a killing third.

@curry What you're talking about is "looking like you're providing content without providing content", which doesn't and will never apply to me because I always grind tonnes of content as both alignments.

lol I had to read this like 4x I swear. My first reaction was why tf would someone explain who they would cult, when that wasn't even part of the question.. but after thinking it over for a bit, that'd be a very bold & risky thing (especially for Hayden) to do if he weren't town. Also both his responses towards me have been instant replies, rather than taking extra time to watch how he words things.
So, not looking at Hayden so much anymore. Kinda town leaning him for that post.

This doesn't make much sense to me. I don't see how him saying who he'd recruit is reason enough to lay off him. He could quite easily be lying, or attempting to come across as Town. I don't have much of a read on Hayden right now but I just think changing your opinion (Chrys) over something as small as that is a little out of character, you're usually harder/less easy to sway? Your explanation does make sense though, it just seems like people have been scumreading people and quickly laying off them for little reason throughout the game so far.

Daniel's posts strike me as slightly off so far, he's being a lot more serious than usual (especially for so early on in the game) for one, some of the questions come across as an strong attempt to be read as helpful town, which i think is out of character. I guess he's just trying to put more effort(?) into this game so I'm not really thinking much of it at this point.

I'm confused by Duck's posts, I don't know what to make of it. I mean, why didn't you answer the RQS right away? and I don't get the "logic" behind Wise voting Toad for bad grammar, like Toad said, that's an extremely weak reason to defend such a rash vote.

As Daniel pointed out, Toad is being rather harsh toned/emotional, but honestly that's the same as he was in the other games I've played with him, he always seems to get emotional/defensive, we're used to that tone, I don't see how it's something valid to bring up.

where are you?
this is literally the only post you have made on this thread?
....like I understand life and stuff, but you haven't even given a snarky comment and I'm pretty sure you have been active around the forums.

@Endless: IIRC My point was more about a lucky vig shot than a D1 lynch, I don't think we'd nail scum D1 if it was just one singular villain.

Also is Panda dead because I don't remember seeing her post yet

): I'm sorry to hear that, Abe. hope you feel better soon.

as for the inactives- Crys I think might just be busy, she hasn't been on discord at all. Panda at least have some posts, I'd see it as off for her, but she was also quiet in her last game (following the one when she was too outspoken and got herself lynched). IMO, I think thats just the playstyle she's taken to atm. Of course it'd be nice to see them both post more (esp Crys)

- - - Post Merge - - -

*Has, not have

- - - Post Merge - - -

It clearly says not in the first post, if you're serious.

Where does it clearly say that? I mean I got the impression already there would be no mafia because it'd be too over-powered, but I can see how Hayden misinterpreted the setup. The description says it's a mix of mafia and cult (which could be taken as a mafia group and cult group, or in this case a cult group that becomes mafia when leader dies). After reading the OP like 10 times I really hope I'm not that blind to miss it clearly saying there is no mafia.

- - - Post Merge - - -

This doesn't make much sense to me. I don't see how him saying who he'd recruit is reason enough to lay off him. He could quite easily be lying, or attempting to come across as Town. I don't have much of a read on Hayden right now but I just think changing your opinion (Chrys) over something as small as that is a little out of character, you're usually harder/less easy to sway? Your explanation does make sense though, it just seems like people have been scumreading people and quickly laying off them for little reason throughout the game so far.
-snip-

It wouldn't make sense for just anyone, but for Hayden (and I can prob think of a few more ppl) it's enough for me to lay off my sus of him. Meta.

@Endless: IIRC My point was more about a lucky vig shot than a D1 lynch, I don't think we'd nail scum D1 if it was just one singular villain.

Also is Panda dead because I don't remember seeing her post yet

Ya I'm literally hungover dead, are you not reading the thread Tom? Cause I have posted.

so the team is curry/daniel/tom gg ez

Curry and Daniel ? hmm
I was thinking one of them, just not sure which. their interactions make it seem unlikely they're both working together, but who knows, not me.

I just can't let go of that horribly, awkwardly phrased "townslip" question that Daniel asked, and his defensive reply towards me. So he's more sus to me than Curry is.

tom, can't get a read on tbh, never can.

@Bell Tree People Who've Played Games Before how experienced is Hayden at mafia? Because it seems he's kinda wishy-washy.

I think I'm going to go read stuff so be back in a moment

@Bell Tree People Who've Played Games Before how experienced is Hayden at mafia? Because it seems he's kinda wishy-washy.

I think I'm going to go read stuff so be back in a moment

@Duck i would say he is fairly experienced. Can you explain how he is "wishy-washy" ?

Reasons of washiness (forgive me I'm just getting used to this setup)

Not really, the change of tone from the last game sort of struck me, but now I'm sort of starting to sway the other way. Mainly because scum could easily accuse me at this point without being questioned because I'm pretty vulnerable already right now.

Every game I usually try to mix up my meta, e.g. be super active or inactive, sh**post or provide posts with decent content, interact differently with people, etc. I know it makes it harder for people to townread me as such, but it has its benefits as well.

This makes no sense for me. I try and be inactive and ****post so that it makes it hard for people to townread me? That's a bad thing as far as I'm concerned.

I know everyone hasn't posted yet so we can't really get an idea of who sticks out and whatever but as for my first impressions, I'm town leaning Menchie and Tasuot. This is their first game, and usually newbies as scum tend to hide in the shadows or coast along in hopes of not being noticed. In this case, they posted rather quickly and their posts seem natural so far, nothing that seems off or forced.

As for my scumreads, I don't really have anyone in mind at the moment but I guess Fleshy? I don't know why but I always seem to have some sort of suspicion against him, but I just can't put my finger on it. Also maybe Tae, I notice that as town he tends to be a little more serious, whilst as scum IIRC, he joked around a lot and swayed off conversation.

These reads are not firm and I know I'm going to be thrown questions at for 'not elaborating enough, but w/e I'm just trying to think aloud in case anyone has any other opinions to share. Anyway, goodnight :lemon:

-Also I saw Duck lurking before but he hasn't posted yet either so not sure if that's something to note or not

With the exception of me because I was lurking, the reasons for his scum leads make no sense. Fleshy hasn't done anything that would make him in particular stand out as scummy, and Tae didn't stand out as a total joker at least compared to me (though at this point I hadn't really posted much.)

first of all i am ELEVEN

second, i will take ur advice!! ~<3 love meg

no jk i sorta wanna take this game srsly so pls let me be ^.~

huh

So that's that.

Scum? I don't think so. All over the place? Kinda.

- - - Post Merge - - -

At the very least, wishy for somebody who has played 10-15 games here according to his RQS.

i mean Hayden is town probably

- - - Post Merge - - -

(like im p sure but i put probably so that if im wrong later i don't look bad)

so I was watching creepin Daniel's activity earlier, and was thinking he'd respond to some of the comments towards him, but nada..
yea I'm putting my vote on Daniel. of course things can change by day end.

Back