• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Cosmic Canvas (Crews 3 & 4)

Celeste
F25Xm0lW8AEfBFS.jpg

A rather large constellation in the northern hemisphere is known as Celeste. It’s visible only in late spring to early fall. Legends state that the brother of Celeste missed his sister dearly, as she had been away from home for quite some time. One night he happened upon a shooting star in the late-night sky. Quicky, he wished to see his sister soon, then proceeded to turn in for the night. In the morning he received a letter from Wishy stating his wish was granted. He was excited with joy, but it soon turned to sorrow as night fell. His sister was still not home. Suddenly he heard a familiar sound. He turned and looked up to see another shooting star, but this one broke up into several pieces that hung like gems in the night sky. It was his sister before him created from the very things she treasured in this world, the stars from the heavens. It’s believed the closer she is to returning home to her brother, the brighter the stars on her wand become. Many are also convinced the absence of the constellation during winter months signifies the two are reunited.

F25Xm0qWoAEJ22y.jpg

4QLMdGV.png

Here we have a constellation that I’ll call The Rat’s Squeak. I’ve recently studied it and I’ve found out that it was made after a handful of rats got to space. It’s used to indicate where the best cheese in the world is. 🧀 You can also hear lovely squeaks that sounds like music from rats. 🐁

✨🦋 The Regina Ornithoptera Alexandrae constellation 🦋✨
dg5024j-16086b6e-b7f3-4d3f-92b1-024c6ea9d4ca.png

This large constellation mimics the shape of a well known creature we should all be familair with on land, the largest known butterfly the Queen Alexandra's birdwing. Based around the life cycle of a common butterfly, this constellation is said to symbolize growth and change. From caterpillar through its stages towards becoming its true beautiful butterfly self, the Regina Ornithoptera Alexandrae constellation is said to guide people down the path of self improvement. If you ever happen to catch a glimpse of this magnificent collection of stars, be prepared you may be on your way towards a personal transformation.

dg5024f-355669e6-c425-424f-933a-5cc55c872db0.png

I remember seeing this constellation at camp last year. I remember Celeste saying it's called Purpureus Papillion, which means Gleaming or Purple Butterfly. Legend has it that a princess was chasing after this gorgeous butterfly to add to her collection. To escape captivity the butterfly flew into the light of sun which temporarily blinded the princess and the gleaming butterfly was never seen again. If someone spots this constellation it's been told to bring hope to the voyeur. ✨✨🦋✨✨

received_1521268331970063.jpeg

Okay so my computer is pretty much obsolete at the moment (I need to buy a new one). I've been participating on all the events through my phone. So I printed the star sheet and drew with marker.

sCm1kJU.png

Look to the sky and see the constellation of the Triple Scoop. For every delicious ice cream cone there is always a simple question: how many scoops? Ice cream aficionados will tell you that the magic number is 3, for it is written in the stars! The wisdom of the Triple Scoop tells us that though we love ice cream we must remember not to tempt gravity too much with our gluttony.
uLAuSiP.png

hat01.png

Yer a wizar-!!

I mean, look above to witness the magestic constelation of the magic hat (maybe is just a normal pointy hat, but lets say its magic,ok?)
Appreciated by any witch or mage for obvious reasons, in the season this star pattern can be seen in the sky any ritual, spell or potion is guaranteed to be a complete success.

hat3.png

Up in the sky, I spy the Crane constellation! It's a common sight in the summer months. The Crane loves to travel far and wide, so it's said that if one spots this constellation, they might soon get an opportunity to go on an exciting journey to faraway lands, or a peaceful vacation.

Attachments

• Crane.png
    Crane.png
    37.9 KB · Views: 38
bowser_constellation.png

This constellation appears to be a primitive version of an infamous turtle who ruled a grand empire. Unfortunately for him, his only goal, to have a princess rule by his side, was constantly thwarted, and so what was once anger has turned into.. well, what looks to be sadness. And so he is destined to stay in the stars, pining for what cannot be his, and so hence the name 'Eternal Loneliness'.

✨ Celes Cephalopoda, or: Cosmo the Single-Eared Space Cephalopod ✨
1375FF9C-9821-472D-B020-67F6A0CD4EBA.png

Though Cetaceans have recently been the topic of much adoration and fascination, they are far from the only familiar marine creature to have an interstellar counterpart. One wonders wether the specimens on Earth or those in the stars came first, but according to legend, constellations would have come after both. These stories claim that though some stars existed long beforehand, many constellations in the sky were drawn by Space Cephalopods. Poetic considering earthen cephalopods’ association with inks. One of the most famous Space Cephalopods is the “Single-Eared” Cosmo, and though not literally single-eared, they apparently lost a part of themselves fighting another interstellar creature. There are many mysteries surrounding Cosmo, their origin, and their legendary fight- but the symbolism stands: even through such uncertainty and hardship, one can shine bright.

D46F4BAB-2857-486F-AAD9-B4B37DFA8A65.jpg

DEb5id4.png

No matter how long I looked up into the stars, all I could see was a lonely little common butterfly, fluttering through the galaxy. Maybe it's trying to lead us somewhere? Man, maybe I'm just seeing things 'cause I miss home so much. Common butterflies were always one of my favorites, their simplicity... you know what? I say we divert course and go follow that cosmic invertebrate!

m4FgsUJ.png

36335DF1-716F-4FB7-91A5-BEBB30F3DEBC.jpeg

I was looking through my telescope late last night when I made a rather strange discovery: a constellation in flux, almost as if it were itself a gelatinous construct floating through the depths of space… For its average shape in the course of my observations and the fluidity of its seemingly shifting alignment I have named this the Stella Gelata Piscis constellation, or the Star Jellyfish in layman’s terms.
191247C5-2C9A-4FF7-A609-E1931ABC495B.jpeg

constellation.jpg

Looking up at the sky you can see it is abundant with stars. You notice a bunny head shape in the corner of your telescope. Anyone can appreciate its simplicity in the mess of stars. You can feel spring is in the air when you see this cute rabbit constellation!

Star Map finished.jpg

On a dark and starry night, I went for a walk when a strange light emanated from the heavens. And my breath was taken away as I gazed at the glorious expanse above my head.

My thoughts were stricken from my head. Could it be? Is it really possible??? Yes! It's a brand new constellation... the FLICK ZOMBIE EGG! I've only ever heard about this from people who really like Flick, and really like zombie eggs. (There are a few of us, you know...)

They really are better together if you think about it... *hint hint new collectible *

1691483466563.png

After a day of camping with your friends, you all lie down to look at the stars and relax. One by one, all of your friends fall asleep. You look closer at the stars and you see the legendary white cat constellation. You think to yourself "Hey, this looks like the street cat that's always outside my front yard!" The white cat has finally moved along, she's officially reached maximum power as she's now living on galaxy street! Next time you look at the stars, you'll be able to see the white cat jump out of the constellation and land right outside your front yard.

Last edited by a moderator:
View attachment 505537

After a day of camping with your friends, you all lie down to look at the stars and relax. One by one, all of your friends fall asleep. You look closer at the stars and you see the legendary hello kitty constellation. You think to yourself "This stupid cat has collaborated with just about everything, from cheetos, to a canister of oil, to an airline." Hello Kitty has finally done it, she's officially reached maximum power as she's now collaborated with the galaxy itself! Next time you look at the stars, you'll be able to see the moon in a hello kitty-like formation.
Hi! Unfortunately, the challenge/goal of this activity is to make a shape by connecting the existing dots, which I don't think happened in your entry. I will have to ask you to update your submission, and either post it here in the thread or send it to me directly. Thank you!

🦑🐙The Kraken🐙🦑

Constellation.png

If I may direct your attention to the viewing portals on the starboard side of the vessel, you will find a constellation known as The Kraken. Ancient mariners of Earth shared stories of this legendary creature emerging from the depths, wrapping entire ships in their long tentacles, and dragging them down into the abyss. As a warning to fellow seafarers, they charted this constellation in the stars.

In more modern times, it is believed that The Kraken was merely a myth, an exaggeration based on real creatures whose existence has been well documented using current methods. However, I am going to let you in on a secret. The Kraken is very real indeed. It left Earth to avoid the humans who would hunt it and destroy its habitat. Now it resides here in space, in close proximity to this very constellation which is said to have drawn it like a beacon. As we pass through this quadrant, do keep an eye out. It is still quite fond of ships and will give our own vessel a little 'hug' if we aren't careful.​

export1691469976107.png

You know you're far from home if you see the large mouth bass constellation. Named for it's large mouth and large...everything else this constellation points the way back to the milky way if you fly into his mouth! It was first discovered by astronauts after their navigation system went down and they were lost in space. The captain ordered the crew to "Fly into the fish's mouth!" and they soon their way to earth.

1691487141784.png

Sorry! I tried my best but this was really difficult somehow lol

The constellation of the cat is rar and hard to spot. It appears once a year and is for all the cat villagers an important event. They prepare for the festival a week before the constellation appears in the sky. There is everything a cat could wish for: Catnip, fish, grass to chew on, fluffy beds. They wish for good fortune.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a super hard time finding anything in the starfields... don't trust me with navigation 🥲

(canvas was rotated 90 degrees clockwise)
IMG_2500.png
We're heading towards the Tiny Fish constellation which, according to superstition, is believed to help your dreams come true if you gaze up at it and recite "I wish, I wish, oh tiny fish, for something that I deeply cherish."

Legend has it that you'll know your wish has been granted if you wake up the next day smelling of rotten fish. Don't worry, the smell should go away after 6 months or so.

Back