• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Cosmic Canvas (Crews 3 & 4)

IMG_2913.jpeg

We are nearing the Fish Bait constellation, previously known as the Manila Clam. The shift in stars eons ago during the Big Sky DIY was said to be quite catastrophic to interstellar morale, given that Manila was everyone’s favorite flavor of stars. Docking in this star system is said to increase one’s luck with rare catches, assuming your ship’s pole doesn’t outlive its service

The Pikmin Constellation
0218E9C4-674F-4BA7-8179-862D4DDE442E.jpg

When comes the time of August’s Waning Gibbous, a special constellation reveals itself. It is called the Pikmin Constellation. During ancient time, it was believed to represent one of the many Harvest Deities. Onions were presented as offerings to show one’s gratitude for the bountiful harvest.

Legend says that if you cross anywhere into its leaf, you’ll be transported to a different dimension. Perhaps you’ll even get a chance to encounter creatures called “Pikmin”. There’s only one way to find out… let’s fly right into it!​

tbtcosmic.png

*quack quack* what was that?!
It seem to look like a duck? Captain.
Apparently it is around this time where a good birb will shine brightly across the sky for all those below to witness
their majestic self. Don't miss the opportunity to look up and bask in their glory!

duck!?
tbtcosmic2.png

Last edited:
Do you have any sort of canvas we need to use for our drawing? Like a photo of the sky? Since you want us to draw from an actual sky, right?

Sorry if this has been explained already

View attachment 504400
*quack quack* What is that!?

Hi! This entry is missing the minimum 50-word description. Could you update your entry and either let me know when you've done so, or send it to me? Thanks!

Do you have any sort of canvas we need to use for our drawing? Like a photo of the sky? Since you want us to draw from an actual sky, right?

Sorry if this has been explained already
The images to base your drawing on can be found near the top of the opening post, in the two spoilers. 👍

Hi! This entry is missing the minimum 50-word description. Could you update your entry and either let me know when you've done so, or send it to me? Thanks!

aaa omgosh the rest of my description didn't got posted all the way! Sorry about that and thank you! 😅 (edited my post) (y)

5.png

Here is the Waving Skyperson constellation! This took a while to figure out a shape and draw as straight a line as my shaky fingers let me, but here it is! I've heard some lore behind this constellation, but the main story is that this person is watching over our Earth and observing all of us. Idk what else to write lol

I rotated one of the images so mine wasn’t upside down since I saw that was allowed :)

l1RLdyG.jpg

A thunderous roar is suddenly heard: “SIMBA!” It appears as if we are passing the Mufasa constellation. This constellation, otherwise known as ”Dad in the Stars”, certainly brings great feelings of nostalgia to all who see it (even if it does call everything “Simba“). Viewing the great lion causes one to remember who they are and reminds them that they rule all of which the light touches. What a great sight to provide us with motivation and positive vibes as we continue camp!

starvic signed.png

A Familiar Face
Behold everybody! if you all look to your left you will be able to see a newly found constellation! It's name? Well, I don't suppose it has a name... If I may suggest one, dear passengers, we shall call it "Starvick"! Dubbed after my very own Champion Porygon2: Varvick!​

stars.png

My old books don't lie, that's the butterfly constellation! Old poets used to write countless pieces over it's beauty, many talking about a butterfly with such yearning for the beauty of the stars above that she flew far enough to join them, but unable to return to anything that she knew... And here's where the astronomers of old come in! If my ancient starmaps are to be trusted, we miiight have to turn back a few constellations... Sorry captain...

EDIT: Reuploaded the image because my name was missing, sorry

Last edited:
TridentBearer (1).png

= The Trident-Bearer =
The Trident-Bearer constellation was spotted by us on the Lopez not too long ago. According to the mythology of the local alien cultures, the constellation depicts an individual who started a massive revolution against the local monarchy. A lot of the anti-monarchists in said revolution were armed with tridents, hence the constellation's name. The dim star at the tip of the center prong, known in the local dialects as Peyvun (approximate transliteration into the Latin script), is treated in a similar way in local cultures as Polaris (AKA the North Star) is back on Earth. That is to say, it is used as a wayfinding device since it consistently points to the North at all times. The other prongs on the trident, as well as the star from which the prongs diverge, are known to be hubs of travel and commerce. By incredible coincidence, our own star system is located exactly five hundred and seventeen thousand light years southeast of Kanlit (also approximately transcribed into the Latin script), the star on the trident's easternmost prong.
2023_08_06_0qb_Kleki.png

giraffeconstellation.png

Hello fellow space campers! I believe we are staring straight at the constellation camelopardalis, or The Giraffe! Did you know that this means camel that looks like a leopard? Maybe Saharah will have some insight for us. Now, apparently if we stare straight down it's long neck, it will point us north!

2gufKow.png

Looking up to the night sky, we can make out the Luvdisc constellation. This constellation can only be seen a few times a year from the peak of Mt. Fuji. It is said that those who view this constellation alongside their significant other are true lovers with an unbreakable bond, destined for a life of happiness together.

1691365066885.jpeg

Oh my, look at that constellation up there! It's a...cat on a UFO? Legend has it that there is a cat UFO that zooms through the stars everyday in search of another cat friend. Though I'm sure if it were to land on earth it would find plenty of friends : )

My old books don't lie, that's the butterfly constellation! Old poets used to write countless pieces over it's beauty, many talking about a butterfly with such yearning for the beauty of the stars above that she flew far enough to join them, but unable to return to anything that she knew... And here's where the astronomers of old come in! If my ancient starmaps are to be trusted, we miiight have to turn back a few constellations... Sorry captain...
Hi! This entry is fine, except the image in it is missing your name. Can you post an updated version in the thread or send one to me? Thanks!

Behold, the Happy Space Whale constellation!

Legend says that following the happy space whale will bring you luck, and I mean, where else more important could you need to go, than toward a cute intergalactic whale? I'm not sure if it's going to help us find Gulliver, but he was inevitably going to find himself lost again anyway.

lyFYMRh.png

Bad interpretation of what the whale looks like, probably.

O1cLZVo.png

Untitled47_20230806194503.png

At night, all the children would stare up at the stars from their balconys. Hands outstretched, eyes darting around for a shimmer of blue in the sky.

a blue diamond embedded into the night sky, bright, shimmering blue mist around it.

because legend has it, that those who are fortunate to see it, will be visited by the messanger of white wings, and an electric blue mane falling arounds its saphire eyes, and a coat so white it could be mistaken for the clouds she flies through

where does she come from? No one knows. Where she'll take you?

Well, theres only one way to find out.

Scan_20230806.jpg

Supposedly a celestial goddess got in a dispute with another god and snapped her wand in frustration. They ultimately came to an agreement, but the goddess regretted her actions. For no new wand could ever replace the one that she broke. Seeing the constellation of the broken wand means that you should undergo a time of patience, reflection, and prioritize what is truly important to you.

OH HO HO! What is this that I see up in the night sky looking down at me? It appears to be the owl Celeste gracing me with her starry eyes and wisdom. What a rare sight it is to behold upon her! Legend has it that sailor would look up to the sky at night to guide them home during their rough journey. There have also been rumours that she will bring great fortune if you offer some star shaped candies known as konpeito to her.

Celeste 01.jpg

For a more colourized version, which is totally the best owl rendition of Celeste that I could make

Celeste 02.jpg

Back