• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Picture Perfect

Status
Not open for further replies.
here's my entry:
Untitled_Artwork.jpg

i decided to create a landscape through time which shows the start of my town through to its upcoming 11th year anniversary. it documents the passing of time and my discovery of hybrids which grew into a bustlin' hybrid enterprise back in the day. it also shows the train in the background to represent the countless trips i made during the lifespan of online services.

893e30825061d33608a135b8cd780fb8.jpg
HNI_0003.JPG
HNI_0018.JPG
HNI_0073.JPG
PresentNH.png
Watering_Can_(Blue)_NH_Icon.png
23589.png

i had so much fun reminiscing about my years in new leaf and even more fun illustrating this, thanks for the event!

hello, I’m struggling to upload my submission as I’m currently not at home due to unforeseen circumstances and don’t have access to a pc, I only have my iPad and phone and I literally can’t grab the direct link to upload the image and the file is too big to upload so I hope this link is acceptable. It’s not the full resolution

ugh sorry I forgot to include a bit of text along w the image! Please see it below, don’t want to edit the post headspace isn’t great rn

(I did all the lineart for this before dealing with a very recent bereavement so it’s not as finalised as I would like but I’m still proud that I finished it sorry I’m a bit of a mess tbh)

Reflection on my New Leaf town ended up being way more sentimental than I thought. But my most vivid memory was the welcome amiibo update which included the Sanrio characters. Still can’t believe Nintendo created this and I felt rly bad about Europe getting pretty easy access to them compared to everywhere else - idk how or why it worked out like that

I also rly miss the extent of the fortune cookie items and little descriptions for each one, I thought the Pikmin item was most fitting

Also pretty sure acnh doesn’t have four leaf clovers?? In acnl it was kinda random whether the weed/clover would be a four leaf clover and idk it was a cute lil interaction

Customised furniture used to be so easy to tell with the leaf turning red, obvs acnh doesn’t do this!

The wee badges on the back of our profile card were one of my favourite things, way more accomplishing that nook mile stamps, also the excitement seeing Phineas visiting ur town and knowing u got a new badge 🥹

and Brewster having his own cafe, the decoration around this in my town is my favourite ! I also prefer seeing npcs randomly show up by chance instead of scanning them in with amiibo.. and being able to work there was rly cute

the iglooooo campsite!!!!!!! so atmospheric, had to include felyne- never had him in my town but always hoped he would return for acnh

I had a little acww stylus pen which I continued to use for acnl, I had a Pokémon one too

I obvs had to include a lil Sonny Angel hipper

Here's my entry:

Screenshot 2024-03-21 21.29.38.png

I didn't really get much time to do it as best as I wanted :/ But glad I finished it~
My fav was the letters, I wanted to show off three of my fav letters; one is Opal letting me know she is leaving. Below it is a letter from Wishy the star, and the letter from the person who was suppose to be mayor.

Screenshot 2024-03-21 21.29.49.png

Screenshot 2024-03-21 21.35.18.png

Screenshot 2024-03-21 21.30.05.png

Torirtmer's Island is a grand tale, where I met this one person - who was probably younger than us at the time - who wanted two back 'dancers' using the emoji's to make a dance group, although me and another player didn't have all the emoji's so we didn't sync at all XD

I couldn't find the clay...so I just made a coffee name tag for Brewster's cafe, because I really did enjoy making the coffee. Some other find memories were seeing a double rainbow for the first time, getting stung by jellyfish; and always trying to swim away from them! And a little selfie with my fav villager Alfonso~
Ah, yes. The background of the scrapbook; didn't turn out right, I was painting leaves and was placing it down, trying to paste the leave and its patterns onto the paper but im not sure how to do it right XD

hello, I’m struggling to upload my submission as I’m currently not at home due to unforeseen circumstances and don’t have access to a pc, I only have my iPad and phone and I literally can’t grab the direct link to upload the image and the file is too big to upload so I hope this link is acceptable. It’s not the full resolution

Rosie oh my god

Is there a chance that these entries will be accepted before the deadline? I’m nervous that if there’s an issue with my submission, I won’t find out until it’s too late to repair, and I spent a really long time working on it!

same, like if we need references or something i hope we're given extra time to add necessary changes
If the issue is missing references, we'll reach out and let you know! Even if it's past the deadline at that point, we can edit it into your submission once you provide us the appropriate references, so everything should be fine. You won't be locked out just because we were late in asking for references or something!
Sorry for the delay, btw, we've been having insanely busy weeks. 😅

If the issue is missing references, we'll reach out and let you know! Even if it's past the deadline at that point, we can edit it into your submission once you provide us the appropriate references, so everything should be fine. You won't be locked out just because we were late in asking for references or something!
oh phew, and no worries! i was just panicked 'cause i'm away for the weekend and don't wanna miss out on a couple more balloons

i hope the blurb is ok too, i'm not sure if we need to type something along with the text in our submission which i thought was self-explanatory but 🤷‍♀️

Thanks for the update! And I’m not annoyed at all about the delay, staff have lives outside this forum, just wanted to make sure I wasn’t going to accidentally fail.

I did my memory book based on my favourite daily tasks, collecting flowers and bugs, and my goal of getting a perfect town. The jacobs ladder is my favourite flower so it was my main goal whilst playing. My absolute favourite feature of New Leaf was sitting on the town tree as it was my favourite music soundtrack.

I also used to draw a lot based on the games I was currently playing and cartoons I liked etc so I wanted to reference that

DlhJAFg.jpeg

Bq3WK7K.jpeg

oh phew, and no worries! i was just panicked 'cause i'm away for the weekend and don't wanna miss out on a couple more balloons

i hope the blurb is ok too, i'm not sure if we need to type something along with the text in our submission which i thought was self-explanatory but 🤷‍♀️

Thanks for the update! And I’m not annoyed at all about the delay, staff have lives outside this forum, just wanted to make sure I wasn’t going to accidentally fail.

I've been in hospital / on morphine so I'm not keeping on top of entries as closely. But behind the scenes we have been privately contacting those that we don't feel fit the rules. No one should get a big surprise when I properly go through the entries to accept them.

xcNZjsx.jpeg

I decided to focus on a few different memories I have of playing New Leaf. From Graham placing his house in the middle of a path a I just finished, to Roscoe constantly leaving my town, to April Fools, and collecting candy for Jack. Looking back made me realise that I'm going to miss New Leaf more than I thought.

XrFUBTx.jpeg

This is literally my core memory for ACNL LMAO. I tried to encompass the drama and rage that my 13 year old self felt back then when this happened. 😂 I actually drew rage art similar to the final picture in the scrapbook way back on my 3DS (Colors! 3D... what a time) and posted it to the Colors Live site. I still have the original description + title and it's so funny to look back on ngl. 😭 Thankfully I had followers back then who were kind enough to give me some of their perfect peaches so I could plant those. RIP my first/natural perfect peach though, you never lived on. 😔

IMG_7152.png

latest.png
tumblr_inline_no35beMZar1rnyyhg_400.png

For my entry, I have chosen to adorn my pages with recreations of my former Miiverse posts from 2014-2015. These posts served as a time capsule of friendships forged and the adventures I embarked upon during my time in New Leaf (and other silly shenanigans). In homage to those cherished memories, I sought to present them anew in a manner befitting their significance. 💚

。⋆。゚。🌳。゚。⋆。

The original Miiverse posts by me, you can find linked here. 🍃

pictureperfect_entry.jpg

scrapbook.png

Here's my page!! I chose to do a page covering a bunch of characters important to my mayor in game. This includes my other villagers Layne and Zinnia, who I headcanon also having jobs in the town that help the mayor out with different facets of the job. As well as the villagers I considered to be really close with my mayor! Like her best friend Flora, and Amelia and Biskit who are actually her neighbours lol

Also the first day pic is somewhat based on this old screenshot I found on my 3ds, I didn't take many pictures when I first played, but this was from I think around that time??
IMG_7854.jpg

Last minute entry, third attempt. The tablet camera is so bad with colors, I'm sorry about that. I played to ACNL mostly in bed, before falling asleep, as soon as I woke up, I visited the fish exhibit when I had insomnia, I walked on the beach when the sun rises, fishing and diving were my favorite relaxing activities and of course, seing Phineas always brightened my day, he looked like a mascot, I just wanted to hug him.
20240321_213603.jpg

images.jpg

GJPfzYKWcAAJh0K

I chose to do a journal entry of a day in New Leaf with my best bud, Daisy. New Leaf was my first Animal Crossing game. I remember how exciting it was to design my character, become mayor of a town, befriend animals, and collect items. I loved the sound of the ocean waves and the game following real world time, so I included fishing, a shell, and a sunset. The petal parasol is one of my favorite game items. Cherry was my town fruit. And finally, I included coffee because I remember how excited I was to have the café.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back