• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Personal Preference Kit (Crews 3 & 4)

IMG_2676.jpg

I’m a biologist ready to brave the harsh environment of space. I’m wearing a full body suit with a hood (plus space boots of course) to keep potential dangers away from my body and for keeping in warmth. Glasses because well..I need them to see. Ideally I’d wear gloves but budget cuts I guess? Hard to see but I’m carrying a duffel bag so I don’t have to carry tools in my hands the whole time

For items:
1. Astronaut suit - to survive during exploration outside the ship
2. Microscope - to see potential life in space (hopefully a tardigrade!)
3. Laptop - for research notes and analysis. Also for entertainment :)
4. Stack of books - reading is fun and there’s bound to be some slow days
5. Pots of plants - just in case this becomes like “The Martian”, vegetable seedlings to garden for potential consumption

IMG_2915.jpeg

I am keeping it cas’ aboard the ship with my baggy sweatshirt, jean shorts, gold zori, and heart hair pin. After sweating in a space suit all day, I want to kick back and relax within the climate-controlled interior of my cabin. The sweatshirt keeps me warm in the AC and the shorts keep me cool, and together they are perfectly modulated. The sandals allow me to slip in and out of footwear as needed, and the heart pin is a touch of vanity because we’re still human!

I cannot live without my TV and streaming service is terrible, so I need my satellite dish to pick up Earth’s entertainment offerings. I have a Switch too for when there’s nothing good on. And do I don’t totally rot my brain, a stack of classic books to read (One day I’ll get to Middlemarch, I swear). And, ahem, I just like with camping on Earth, you can’t forget the toilet paper for… reasons.

7eTB2Q2.jpg

While the atmosphere of this planet is quite harsh, I was still able to use my heat-protected solar panels to recharge my rocket for the return home. I placed a table down and began tinkering with some electrical bits while it charged back up. According to my portable console, it should be fully charged in able two hours. I'm very fortunate to bring my heat-protected mask as well to protect me from this extreme heat in the meantime! 🚀

2023080700423400-02CB906EA538A35643C1E1484C4B947D.jpg

The reason for my outfit: It is the main outfit my friends on Funi Island found me wearing throughout the years, so I wear it occasionally on the spaceship to remind myself of my friends at home.

The reason for my table and chair: These items are more practical as I felt having a proper eating quarters is important for long-winded space travel, without these staples I'd be finding myself eating on the floor like a slob, I might be alone in space but I have etiquette dammit!

The reason for my Cherry Pie: A staple meal made using the fruits found in the shopping district of Funi Island, and a meal that Marina used to bake often, I'm getting a bit tired of alien food so I decided to use some of the remaining cherries that I packed for this trip to make a pie for a special day like today.

The reason for my radio: I love music, K.K Bossa, Surfin' K.K, K.K House, etc... Without music keeping me company on this ship I don't know what would hahaha! Whether it's used for listening to all my favourite earthly tracks or for attempting communication with any foreign life out here my radio is at the ready.

The reason for the photo: What's more important than my best friend Marina! Out of everyone in Funi Island, Marina holds a special place in my heart. After receiving a framed photo of her it's been a cherished possession of mine, proof of our unending friendship no matter what may happen. Out of everything that I brought with me, the memory of my cherished friend stands out as the most important thing for me to bring with me!

2023080615253700-02CB906EA538A35643C1E1484C4B947D.jpg

I've always wanted to go interstellar camping! Sailing into the inky void of space, I find a planet that seems uncharted. After I've landed on an island, I'm presented with the most amazing full-sky aurora! Dressed in my suit I sit down and enjoy the cosmic show.

To make sure I make the most of my time here, I've brought with me:
  1. A fire pit to roast up some grub while I relax.
  2. A sleeping bag... you know, for sleep.
  3. My guitar to pass the time away under the twinkling stars.
  4. My Switch... you know, for when I'm bored.
  5. My favorite mug... gonna need some coffee in the morning!

IMG_20230806_141039.jpg

Your name is Hunter_Gr33n. You are participating in CAMP BELL TREE '23 as a member of the MOON BUNNIES. You packed some casual clothes that were mostly hand-me-downs from your uncle, the most noticeable of them being your SHIRT. You really hoped your team would go with SPACE CATS as their name. You also wear a PAIR OF BUNNY EARS because, well, team loyalty is a powerful thing. You decided to tie your hair back and packed a few possessions of your choosing, as permitted by the GUIDELINES.
First off is one of your many BOOKS. You have an insatiable thirst for READING, and decided to bring a book, coincidentally one about astronomy, with you. You also brought an ELECTRONICS KIT in case THE LOPEZ got damaged. Admittedly, you are not too good with electronics, but preparedness is also a powerful thing. Your trusty SOUP KETTLE was one of the first things you decided to bring with you, for the sake of self-sustenance. Your SLEEPING bag was, predictably enough, for sleeping, just in case the CREW QUARTERS' beds were uncomfortable and/or nonexistent.
More for sentimental reasons than anything else is a drawing you made a while before entering, depicting a CERTAIN PAIR OF CAPRICORNS whom you hold dearly. Your MUM decided to frame it shortly after you drew it and is very proud of your handiwork.

DgvE7NR.jpg

I’m super excited to continue camp and have been enjoying my time so far. My outfit consists of a space helmet so that I can breathe, space boots so that I can walk comfortably, a shirt displaying the beloved space whale because team ISC rules (design not mine), cute shorts and purple socks because why not, and a space backpack for carrying all my tools and anything cool I’d like to take back to Earth with me. This is also a version of a design I submitted for the ISC rep :)

I decided to bring with me:

• A video camera to record all the good times and cool discoveries I come across. I love to document good memories to look back on anytime I travel.​
  • A telescope because cool things in space are often far away and I’d love to get a closer look.​
  • My switch lite so that I can play games with all my fellow campers.​
  • A portrait of home made by my mom to remind me of my family waiting for me on Earth.​
  • Some golf clubs because I think it would be funny to play golf in zero gravity haha.​

2023080618065800-02CB906EA538A35643C1E1484C4B947D.jpg

After a long day in space I usually change into something cozy. As part of the moon bunnies my bunny ears are always part of my outfit!

The items I would bring along:

⛷️Mountains are boring, never heard of some moon skiing? This sport is really important to me and the sight of mountains feels like home - warm and cozy. I can't bring a whole mountain with me so I decided to bring some skis along with me - and who knows when they will come in handy!

📚 Reading is like entering another world. You can visit earth when ever you want when you have books with you and why only bring one?

🌿 In space are no plants and I really need nature around me. I grew up surrounded my nature and so it's only normal ans logic for me to bring some plants with me!

☕ Coffee is everything. How could I ever get up without the brown gold? Coffee runs through my veins. It's the elixir of life itself!

🌕 Space is endless and I want to see as much as I can with my telescope. New planets, stars and maybe even aliens!

1691372260208.jpeg

I chose a sweet and cozy outfit. I used a custom design of a mocha colored cardigan, skirt, and ribbon blouse. I paired it with cream crotchet socks, mary jane shoes, a white hair ribbon, and a backpack! 🎀

As for the 5 items I'd bring with me:

-A stack of books to read if I get bored📚
-A big teddy bear to lounge against 🧸
-Some peach jam to share 🍑
-A picnic basket filled with more snacks to share 🍰
-And finally a floral cushion for sleeping🌷

F25KOXMaYAAXtU4.png

I am not ashamed to say I am lazy so sometimes I wouldn't feel like adventuring. I like dressing casually so just a t-shirt and shorts is enough for me

• A bed because I love to sleep
  • A camera because I like taking photos of my surroundings
  • Ramen cause that's one of my favourite foods and y'know, a guy gets hungry
  • Headphones because I like listening to music and watching content (I always wear them even when I'm alone)
  • A laptop cause the internet has taken over my daily life (jk or am I)
And everything is neat cause I like organization

:)

2023080620394600-02CB906EA538A35643C1E1484C4B947D.jpg

Reporting for duty! I've got my space suit and backpack on and I'm ready to explore. I brought with me some bedding to keep me warm, my suitcase with spare clothes and essentials, my bike for easy travel on strange planets, a camera for documenting my discoveries and my stuffed rabbit for comfort and to support team moon bunnies!

29I32RA.png

In order to float amongst the stars, you have to dress the part, and my outfit does just that by turning me into a star as well.

As for what I brought, well, I took:
  • My trusty SLR camera so that I can take tons of photographs of the stars, planets, and creatures we encounter.
  • Some paper and a pen with this essay set so that I can record notes of my expeditions.
  • A nova light to not only give me light but comfort within the darkness of space.
  • This fancy ant farm. We must be prepared to make communications with any large space ants we run into!
  • Lastly, in order to keep myself company while we traverse the depths of space, I brought my best friend in the whole world, Whale Shark.

dN84h0g.jpg

The thing about me is that I’m lazy and sleeping in a space cabin would be the best thing ever so for my outfit, I’ve worn very fitting pajamas plus an eye mask so others can easily see that I want some sleep.

As for the items I’ve brought:

Sleeping bag: can’t sleep comfortably without one and is essential especially for me!

Briefcase: There’s a ton of samples in space I’d like to keep as a memory so I’ll store them here. Can also store money here to make a deal if need be.

Radio + cassette player: gotta still listen to my favorite tunes plus I can stay in contact with crew members and maybe aliens!

Strawberry soda: the tastiest flavor and it’ll be cool seeing this all over the place up there. A nice refreshment

Pen and paper: gotta jot down my daily occurrences in space. Also a nice place to make random doodles. Maybe I’ll publish my findings later on in a book.

2023080620410700-02CB906EA538A35643C1E1484C4B947D.jpg

Telin is prepared to venture out into the unknown (hopefully not stepping into the underworld at the edges of the Earth), wearing a protective hat made from home-grown grapes, goggles for probing fluid and keeping a clear vision, a special leotard blessed by the immortals, and steeled sandals.

Telin wouldn't dare go anywhere without the image of the Goddess, which is crucial to setting up a cult on whatever floating rock they might find. To keep the gods' favor, an altar for ritual offerings is necessary, as well as a cornucopia filled with the riches they grant. The jug is to be used for cult rituals only. As electricity can't be trusted, it's safer to bring a candle along, because why wouldn't air be a universal feature?

eGj4qWH.png

My attire for exploration consists of:

- A Safety Helmet with Lamp in case I find myself in low-light conditions and need to illuminate an area.
- A Gas Mask with which to breathe in case we encounter dangerous gases, particulates, or other nasty things we don't want to inhale.
- A blue Power Suit that serves as both protection and a way to monitor my status.
- A Jetpack in case I need to quickly reach something or make a hasty retreat.
- A comfortable pair of Space Boots because proper footwear is important.

Trusting that our ship would have proper quarters with beds to rest our heads, I packed light with things to keep me entertained during downtime. I brought along my laptop so that I can do various things, whether watching a movie, watching YouTube, reading, visiting The Bell Tree forums, or whatever else. I also brought along an ACNH Nintendo Switch console and a small LCD TV (20 in.) because not even space travel will have me playing a Nintendo Switch any way but docked. I have my Space Helmet on the wall for worlds that have inhospitable environments where we can't breathe on our own. Finally, I brought a Sword in Scabbard along should I need something to defend myself with.

2023080700023400-02-CB906-EA538-A35643-C1-E1484-C4-B947-D.jpg

since i'm not entirely sure what space has in store for me and i'll be away from everyone i know, i brought my bunny ears so that any other moon bunnies i encounter in space will know i'm one of them and i'll feel less alone. i'm wearing my special space glasses which i heard were essential for space travel. i also brought a camera with me so i'll be able to take pictures of any cool things i see in space and bring them back for others to see if/when i get back :)

for my trip to space, i'm bringing
  • a laptop to document my findings and experiences and to keep in contact with others
  • a book to keep myself busy during the long journey
  • a music player to listen to songs to make the trip more enjoyable
  • my favorite teddy bear to help me feel more at home
  • a cushion to keep myself comfortable

TBT Camp 2023.jpg

"Yarr, it be me, the fearsome pirate Captain Skwee- Wait, what do you mean this was "Space Camp"? I could've sworn they told me it was Pirate Camp! Uh... I may be in the wrong place. Um, I mean to say I'm the fearsome space pirate Captain Skweegee! See, I have space boots! And this fancy futuristic-looking goggle device thing! That definitely shows that I'm a Space Pirate, right? This goggle thing seems quite similar to the thing another famous cosmic traveler from another dimension wore in his trek among the stars, though I think his might be a slightly more advanced model than mine... But surely such a menacing appearance will strike fear into the crews of any ships -- Space ships, that is -- who are unfortunate enough to cross my path!

Despite having to uphold such a fearsome and intimidating reputation, I do enjoy the little things too, and that includes spending some time away at camp! Even if I somehow ended up at the wrong one... Either way, I brought a few items along to help while away the time here at camp!

• A sleeping bag! Nothing says "camping" like the call of the great outdoors. This should keep me comfortable and warm as I lie watching the beautiful starry sky. Or the ceiling of the interior of our crew's sleeping quarters, that works too I suppose!
  • A cooler! I always bring a few snacks with me when camping, though perhaps this time I might have brought a little too much. Not a problem though, I'll gladly share whatever extra I have with the crew!
  • What kind of camp is ever complete without a good old-fashioned campfire? We can toast marshmallows and make s'mores, and I even have a handy cooking vessel to hang over the fire for some more tasty camp food like... Hold on, are you saying we aren't allowed to have fires on board? But how can you call it a camp without a campfire? Alright, if you insist! I guess I'll be keeping this one packed away for the remainder of camp.
  • A Nintendo Switch. Camp or no camp, I can't just abandon my playthrough of Tears of the Kingdom quite yet!
  • A Laptop. How else would I be able to keep up with The Bell Tree? It's not like I can use my phone or anything, seeing how as always I managed to forget my phone! Besides, I've got a few other great games loaded up on Steam here to keep me busy if needed! But between keeping up with decoding various transmissions and searching frantically for stardust I don't think I'll have too many opportunities to use this!
I suppose this is what happens when you stop playing the game so early on, I had zero space themed clothing items aside from a single piece, and next to no clothing in general. I suppose I could've traded for some, but I've been pretty busy with work and other things lately and haven't had a whole lot of time to trade so I just tried to make do with what I had. I hope it still counts though! The name is in reference to my island character's name, I feel it worked a little better here than my username.

D00F6A00-E2CA-4BEA-89A4-018DB094E2FF.jpeg

Interstellar travel can get so huge and lonely, but I’m alright. My crew is awesome, and before we head out, I’ve left my helmet with them. I wanted to listen to music, so I’ve tossed on my headphones… and I’m cold even in the ship, so I tossed a snug cap on top. My boyfriend isn’t here, but I always called him my teddy, and he‘s given me a little teddy to keep on my own back once we venture out.

• I also have a Star Clock he got me as a novelty. Knowing my team was purple, of course he got me the sweet purple one. I don’t strictly need a clock, since we have other devices for that, but I want to keep it on me.
  • This Glowing-Moss Jar should help in my studies. I’d like to compare extraterrestrial samples to it, and I’ve heard of aliens using it as fuel, so I could even trade with it.
  • These SLR Camera devices we got are extremely useful to capture memories and reference photos. They should make for great artistic inspiration to me! The image quality is unmatched.
  • This Kids' Tent still works for me because I’m so short. As long as we’re on the ship, I’ve still propped it up for a fun fort.
  • My amazing Laptop should cover everything else, from storage to study sketches. I’m on call now, and looks like it’s time to get going! Oop!

1691422503346.png

Got my spacesuit ready since we’re going to space camp! I packed my electronics to keep me entertained in space (laptop, radio, switch). My trusty DAL mug so I can have my morning coffee! And lastly a rice pot because I can’t live with rice, even in space.

Back