• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Personal Preference Kit (Crews 3 & 4)

IMG_2481.jpg

I took the prompt imagining I had my own room on the space station (ship? tbh I still don't know exactly lol)

I've got my comfy Moon Bunnies clothes on to relax in when I'd be hanging out with others on the ship! As for my items, I brought my Switch since I'll probably be getting more time to play games than in my daily life and I'll need something to escape with, an alarm clock to maintain a 'normal' sense of time and perhaps for waking up/bed times! A music player, both for myself and for others to enjoy since we'll be in the silent void of space.. and 2 pictures of my favourite villagers to look at fondly and remember what I'll be coming home to! (and uh, maybe motivation to succeed in all the tasks to get home.)

5_items_entry_Camp_2023.jpeg

Writing the following as my AC character rather than myself, hope that's okay (think I did this last camp with 5 items).

Eris is more of an introvert, and I can see her finding the whole space exploration stuff overwhelming. She'd leave most of that to her crew mates while she chills out at her teams quarters. A comfy dreamy sweater is a must for her to keep her warm, along with some pink pyjama pants and slippers.

As for her items, she'd bring a star clock because it's on theme for the expedition she and her team is on, as well as a way to always tell the time and provide some light. She'd definitely bring a telescope to observe the stars, planets, and any other fascinating things that might be floating through space. A laptop is very necessary for her, as it's a way for her to entertain herself and keep in touch with her friends and family back at home (when there is reception, that is...). Of course, she'd bring a futon to sleep on along with some warm blankets. It's easy enough to transport and move around when needed. And lastly, she would bring a unicorn plush for some comfort and familiarity. I like to think that this plush is a matching one she got with her friend, Daisy, so it's very sentimental to her and reminds her of home.

1691457143059.png

I decided to stay in a cool windowed area to get a great view of the stars. I thought maybe it would be cold in space so i wore layers as well, so far though this place has a really good heating system i must say. I decided to bring a pillow to rest my head on, my PC so I can keep on doing my work (work from home? how about work from SPACE!) a jetpack because jetpacks are awesome, a chessboard to play chess with everyone on the ship, and a luggage case for spare clothes!

IMG_7325.JPG

Now, you may assume that this is just a bizarre getup, but I assure you, it is the latest, state-of-the-art, space explorer technology! No more bulky astronaut suits required- all of the protection and oxygen you need has been streamlined so thin that it'll feel like you're barely wearing anything!

For my galactic journey, I have packed 5 crucial creature comforts:

• My Switch Lite, because 5 mins after the terror of takeoff is over, I know I'll start getting bored. And what better fun is there than playing the mega hit video game Human Crossing?
  • My tablet, because eventually my fingers will tire and I'll need an even more laidback entertainment source. And I'm sure my 2232 show backlog will last me the whole trip!
  • My favourite Earth snack, the ever delicious Dill Pickle Chips
  • A Scrapbooking journal to log my space escapades
  • And my favourite comfort plush, to squeeze to death when turbulence gets me rattled

received_1893264961058805.jpeg

SPACE CAMP CHECKLIST:

First of all I am wearing a hat in case of bad hair days. A sweatshirt because space is cold. Both hat and sweatshirt also represents which crew I am in. A frilly skirt because I think it's cute. Vivid leggings because again it's cold in space and leggings are super comfy. I am wearing rubber toe sneakers for comfort and for traction in case the ships floors are slick.

The 5 things I will bring with me are:
- A hammock to relax on and sleep.
- A locker to store my clothes and stuff
-An artsy table would look good in space, it's edgy and I can put stuff on it or eat on it.
- An anthurium plant is known to clean the air and make the room more cheerful.
- Lastly, my nintendo switch so I can play games.

rhtzz7b.jpg

Let's be honest.. a messy crew cabin is not as enjoyable as a clean one.. so I bring my trusty old vacuum with me! (Extra points for being able to vacuum up some Star Dust)

Next I took a high end camera with me. I know I won't be able to go to space any time soon again, so I will makes as much memories by taking photos as possible!!

I also brought a football, because I love playing with it and it's easy and mess free to play with!

No trip is complete without a tablet, right? ..well, at least not for me, I guess. During the calmer days I can watch videos and play some games, yay!

And last but not least: My trusty old teddy. He makes me feel safe and protected. Also he is super comfortable to sit on.

My outfit is my usual comfy stuff. Whenever I am at home I like to throw on some loose and warm clothes! Oh yeah and the "bunny ears" are just my everyday outfit, they are basically "glued" to me!

BDpAYIE.jpg

I am all about practicality when it comes to places I'm unsure of, and space is no exception. The first item I chose was a telescope, which I know seems silly but there are lots of things in space that I might need to see coming (asteroids, unfriendly aliens, etc.) The second item is a warm sleeping bag, as I want to get good sleep in the cold environment of space. The third item is a set of extra pillows, since when I go camping on Earth I bring a lot! Again, quality of sleep is important. The fourth item is high-protein powdered space food, which won't spoil but will keep me full and energized. The last item I chose was a water cooler, which will hold quite a lot of water both to add to the space food and to drink. I am wearing a Moon Bunny-themed outfit that is cute as well as warm.

image0 (21).jpeg

aaaaaaduck.jpeg

I'm wearing my safety suit so I can be safe while committing several OSHA violations at once being in space. Plus I can repair the ship in my spare time (whilst also repping the Moon Bunnies with the white top and orange safety vest.)

I have brought with me:
- Some spare clothes in my luggage (which unfortunately has drifted away)
- A tent to camp out on the (totally) safe worlds
- A science kit to test samples
- A disguise to hide from aliens and blend in
- And a ducky alien (with murderous intent)

dg5430k-ab2f6cf8-35cc-4ace-84b9-501c9c37a792.jpg

When prepping for a long space voyage, you gotta make sure you bring the right clothes, you're gonna be dealing with a small wardrobe for a while. That's why I focused on comfort most with my outfit. It includes my coatigan, which has a nice comfy sweater and a jacket for layering over top, because space gets pretty cold doesn't it? A pair of traditional monpe pants which are both stylish and comfortable, a pair of faux-suede sneakers to keep agile when exploring different planets, and a beret to keep my head warm. Some accessories includes glasses, to see, and a bag that can carry all my items.

The five items I brought are:
1. A sleeping bag, gotta have a nice comfortable place to sleep on a long voyage, this sleeping bag is super soft and plush but still rolls up to be very compact
2. A teddy bear, who doesn't need a soft plush companion on your travels? Also acts as emotional support when you're missing home
3. A telescope for investigating different constellations and other fun space things
4. A notebook for writing down all your amazing findings (and maybe a bit of doodling along the way)
5. A radio, for some nice tunes to give fun vibes while exploring, but also for some nice calming music to put you to sleep at night

image0.jpg

my outfit is based on pure alien allurement, also i think you'll find nothing is more practical than a floor length wedding dress and heels. you gotta dress to impress. (adding a handy jetpack just in case things do not go so smoothly)

the five items i brought with me are
coffee no explanation really necessary but gotta fuel my body for the long days of alien exploring! don't want to miss the excitement!
net to catch all of the loose star fragments out of the window for a tidy profit
tablet even space can get a bit boring sometimes..
tractor for easy space travel! please don't tell me about the lunar rover because that is a wrong opinion (and i don't have one), mick if ur reading this the tractor is basically the same size as the net so let me have it pls ty
sleeping cot for when the coffee runs out!!! space is fun but it won't get in the way of my nap time!

MCgb1Zx.jpg

What supplies do I need to bring with me to space? That's simple! My outfit is a simple one, but it's perfect for an outing into space! First we have my spacesuit, which keeps me safe from the vast emptiness that surrounds us. Then I've got my glasses- which I kinda need to see. My paw slippers represent the best Crew to walk "The Lopez", that being the amazing and wonderful Crew 4: Moon Bunnies! Plus, I've got my green bobbers on my head, which help keep my companion feeling at home. It's just them and I out here you know- and everyone else on the ship. But still!

As for what I packed for the journey? I'm glad that you asked!
My Cassette Player is there for me to play my favorite tunes, like K.K. Condor and Steep Hill.
Mom's Cushion that she made so lovingly for me was brought along both for sentimental value, and 'cause it's comfy for the sitting!
Of COURSE I brought along some Ramen, 'cause sometimes all you need is some nice hot comfort food. Luckily I found a way to prepare it up here- was real scared of that.
Don't smash that Cockroach! They're my friend, and their name is Alex! Sure, I might've smuggled a bug onto the ship, but they're a perfect companion! Cockroaches can survive just about anything you know!
And finally, an Escape Vehicle. You never know if something might go wrong on this ship? And no, that is NOT a stolen EMU.

IMG_0142.jpg

Well, I think if they let me into space, it would only be as the crew doctor or scientist. I'm definitely not brave or coordinated enough to be a space explorer!
In terms of my outfit, having a sturdy helmet is important because of all the space debris! But a nice clear view is also important, as is the addition of various augmented reality applications and heads up displays that can be featured in the eye covering! Also, my outfit has to be set to help overcome my myopia, and considering that space is so large and far apart, the fact that I can't see very far seems awfully magnified! The other key part of my outfit is the backpack! You need to have all your tools, and as the resident biotech girl for the mission, I need to carry lots of stuff in there to use to identify objects, ailments, and to fix you all up! And as for the rest of course, it's super important that I'm cute and color coordinated at all times =)

As for what I'm bringing with me, a sturdy hospital bed with all the latest technologies is incredibly important. I know it doesn't look that high-tech, but let me assure you that hidden within its mattress and frame are all the latest sensing technologies and monitors to keep you in tip top shape! And as a bonus, it serves as a place where I can also get some restorative zzz's!
A microscope for examining samples is also crucial, whether that be human samples, or alien samples!
You have to have all your other scientific tools, so a fully stocked lab bench is also key.
Also, I had stashed away this special replicator machine which can print up any additional needed supplies I might have forgotten.
Last, but definitely not least, going to the bathroom in space is hard! So having an excellent high-tech toilet is of utmost importance. I would make sure that my cabin was outfitted with the latest model. The less time I have to spend in the bathroom, the more time I have to take care of you lot!

IMG_4666.jpeg

This is mine.

I have a tankless toilet for, well, the reasons most people have toilets.

There’s a puppy plushie just because it’s adorable.

I’ve got a high end stereo for listening to my favorite songs.

The ranch wardrobe is for changing into outfits when I need a better suiting one.

At last, but not least, the open frame kitchen is there for cooking.

We can’t forget about the clothes. I’m wearing clothes good for exploring, an explorer shirt and a cycling hat. To top it all off, I’m wearing star shades. Just because it’s space doesn’t mean you can’t wear sunglasses.

F3Cm5NwboAE1dVg

I'm wearing moon and stars pajamas to stay comfy, a star pochette to carry the essentials, space boots to move with ease, and a shiny and starry hat for a stylish touch.

I'm bringing my Nintendo Switch to play games; a futon to be curled up in and play my Switch while looking at the stars; a cooler box to carry packs of my favorite ice creams; carbonara, one of my favorite comfort foods; and a puppy friend to play with and keep each other company.

credit for sweater

In my astro dress and space boots, I would pack a cooler containing the food necessities for space, my radio because I would absolutely need some good vibe music to fill in the silence, papers to write records of my journey, a clock to know the time, and a super star for good measure, because why would I pass on on such an available convenient item? It will give me the power boost I would need for emergency situations!
F3CwbVFagAALHgG

5FBFE669-7450-486F-B37C-3DE78FFD75DD.jpeg

What… we’re going into space? Let’s get packing!

• This is no ordinary mission. We’re going into space to find out the exact location of these strange specimens that were found on Earth. And so, I’ll be taking some specimens of glowing-moss and crystals with me. Perhaps I’ll be able to discover something by traveling to a different galaxy!
  • We can’t go hungry in space, so I’ll be bringing a crate of my favourite peaches: Cat’s-paw (my island) peaches. Nothing beats home-grown peaches! After all, they can’t be found in outer space… at least not that I know of.
  • Of course we’ll need to take precautionary measures. This is where gold bars and a chest full of treasures come in handy. These are to (hopefully) bribe my way out in case I get abducted by aliens.
But before that, let’s take a relaxing bath, hence my bathrobe, sunglasses, headband, and sandals. Taking care of my skin is a daily matter, so let’s also place some cucumbers on my cheeks. The stressful stuff can wait!

Back