• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Cosmic Canvas (Crews 1 & 2)

"The Feel Good Blue Heart"

The Galaxolotls trying to find their way back home, spotted a very rare constellation called "The Feel Good Blue Heart". If you see this very rare constellation it will make you feel good, safe, calm, and happy. The Galaxolotls decided to turn left of The Feel Good Blue Heart so that everyone feels good, safe, calm, and happy about the space camp adventure that they were on. 💙😊

✨ The Spirit of the Cosmos ✨
my-night-sky-constellation.png

If a weary traveler looks to the stars for guidance, they may catch a glimpse of the Spirit of the Cosmos. It presents itself, in the form of a constellation, to those with a tired yet restless spirit and wonder about the universe and its infinite beauties. If the spirit finds the traveler worthy of its teachings, it reveals its true form, a celestial fox whose appearance manifests the desires of the restless traveler.

my-night-sky-with-drawing.png

drawing-only.png

My-13th-Birthday.jpg

My 13th Birthday

This constellation forms the shape of a birthday cake with candles and is due to a wish a young girl made on her thirteenth birthday. It is said that wishing upon it grants the user with good luck and happiness from to the girl's positivity and pure heart. It can be seen from the northern hemisphere all year round and each star connected to it twinkles with delight.

(Fun fact that this is based off a constellation I made when I turned 13 back in Wild World in the observatory).

CosmicCanvas-entry (20230729043252).jpg

CosmicCanvas-fun (20230729043344).jpg

The Falling Cone🍦

This constellation is often used in navigating the stars because the tip of the cone points back to Earth. This constellation has also been known to make space travelers very hungry for the taste of ice cream. Although it can not be confirmed, it is said that the Falling Cone depicted by this constellation is made up of mint chip ice cream.

(Ever since we got the color mint and since the last Splatoon 3 splatfest had team mint chip, mint chip ice cream is all I can think about😂)

sketch-1690753067756.png

The Hidden Whale/Shark

Not to be mistaken with the mighty Whaleshark, this constellation is a whale/shark, a mix of the two beasts of the ocean and now sky. Whenever you see him appear in the stars, know this master of the space-realm is watching over you, and don't do anything to upset him. And don't ever tiptoe into his territory... he has all those space fishies working for him...

sketch-1690887638998.png

the beast when seen up close... maybe not so scary...​

xpFlOTF.png

The Crewmate

Looking up at the bright, shining stars against a backdrop of a clear night sky is supposed to inspire one with hope. But this constellation fills you with nothing but dread. There’s something that you just can’t shake. A feeling of recognition stirs in you, turning your blood cold. You try to ignore this feeling, but in your heart, you know that you can’t close your mind and shut your eyes forever. There's no doubt about it. Something about this constellation seems a little... suspicious.

I just want everyone to know that I bought a drawing tablet for the first time in my life a few days ago, wasn't sure if it would arrive in time for this submission, and this was the first thing I drew on it. Hopefully the lines are straight enough to count. Any curves aren't for artistic purposes; they're just a skill issue. Anyway, I'm sure I'll be tossed out the airlock shortly for this submission. It was nice knowing everyone! o7

IMG_5640.jpeg

I present to you, the Good Kitty constellation! The Good Kitty is a great navigation tool (the tip of the tail contains the South Star, Australis), and between the months of October and January, it looks as if the cat is laying down! According to ancient mesoamerican cultures, spotting this constellation with the naked eye means that you have a pure heart and a strong natural instinct to care for others.

*Resubmitted bc I forgot my username*

star fish I.png
star fish II.png

THE SWIMMER OF THE STARS

If you look towards the eastern hemisphere in the depths of a hot summer night, you may see the constellation of the swimmer of the stars, of which is comprised of several bunches of stars to form the shape of a giant beta fish. On cloudy nights it can be hard to see, but rumors state that it's easier to see if you ever feel alone- although these are, of course, just rumors.

The myths surrounding the constellation tell of a powerful, yet lonely spirit of the cosmos who wandered across many universes to try and find company. No matter how far he crossed, nor wherever he went, he found nothing but darkness- and for that, he cried great tears of sorrow, of which trailed behind him as he kept up his journey. From one tear to two to many, his tears became galaxies of stars, a trail of breadcrumbs behind his search for companionship.

One day, after almost an eternity of searching, he had finally given up- 'I've tried so hard, and yet, this may have all been for naught,' he sighed, voice wracked with fatigue and grief. Yet more tears dropped down his face as he finally accepted his fate- until he heard a chorus of voices, and for the first time in eons, he turned around to see an entire sea of stars that he left behind.

'You aren't alone,' said the stars that had formed from his tears: 'all this time, you never looked back, but we were always behind you, cheering you on. Thanks to you, the sky is more full of light and love for everyone down to look upon.'

Now, tears fell from his eyes, but after aeons of these tears being made of sorrow, they were of happiness. And so, the legends say that the star swimmer continues to weep in the skies, but out of love, happiness, and joy, of which he hopes to spread to the many worlds that lie beneath his sea of stars.

While the purpose for this myth varies from storyteller to storyteller, with some intending for it to be a creation myth, some just telling it as a fable, one thing is always clear: that no matter how dark it seems, you are never alone- and there is someone out there who loves you.

1690312656435.png

Since ancient times people pray upon the constellation of the Little Porcupine when they wish for their affection to be returned by someone. They say that the Little Porcupine itself is pictured praying upon the stars, since according to legend it fell in love with a cat that was afraid of its quills. Since the Little Porcupine can't rid itself of his quills, he prays that the cat would learn that he means no harm. If nothing else, at least the people who pray to him can identify with him!

remix-5fd93f4a-97f8-479c-983e-fc50687d121e.png

(Idk if I am just uncreative or what my problem is but I had a really hard time to see anything in those pictures idk I just see dots 😭 im sorry haha)

This constellation is called the dandelion. It was first discovered thousand of years ago and was written about in old books and poems. If you are lucky enough to see it in the night sky you should make a wish because old tales say this constellation makes wishes come true. But it is rarely seen by people to the degree that some even assume that it doesn't even exist or maybe it just doesn't exist anymore.

Last edited:
View attachment 503179
(Idk if I am just uncreative or what my problem is but I had a really hard time to see anything in those pictures idk I just see dots 😭 im sorry haha)

This constellation is called the dandelion. It was first discovered thousand of years ago and was written about in old books and poems. If you are lucky enough to see it in the night sky you should make a wish because old tales say this constellation makes wishes come true. But it is rarely seen by people to the degree that some even assume that it doesn't even exist or maybe it just doesn't exist anymore.

Oh you see, they are just dots. 👀 This entry is fine, but it is missing your username! Can you update the entry to include one so that I can accept it? Thank you!

Oh you see, they are just dots. 👀 This entry is fine, but it is missing your username! Can you update the entry to include one so that I can accept it? Thank you!
Aah im sorry I always forget that. I've edited it now!

Untitled92_20230801163754.png

While most average star gazers may not see this massive star beast in the sky at night, those with trained eyes cannot miss this Galaxy Rooster; seeing this giant bird in the night sky has been said to bring the viewer great luck and fortune, especially this year, the Year of the Rooster! Take yourself sky-gazing this year to find some luck for yourself!

veetheconstellation.png

The "Great Snakeshifter" constellation was recently found on a star chart inside of an old village. The legend tells of a great beast that could assume the form of any creature by shapeshifting and they would use this ability to play pranks on the villagers, before they were hunted down and cast away from the villages. While many believe these beast are extinct one deranged man recently claimed to have seen one, and has said quote: "THEY WERE SENT FROM MARS", that man was later institutionalized.

Edit: idk why Mick accepted it before i could fix my username 💀

veeguardianofthestars.png

ITS VEE!

Screenshot_20230801_145924_Gallery.jpg

In Polynesian mythology, Manta Rays are seen as Spirit Guardians. They represent wisdom and graceful strength. They are known to never stop swimming and many people get tattoos of these aquatic sea animals as a reminder of what a Manta ray represents. Another one of these reminders is in the night sky, a constellation called the Birostris. Named after the scientific name of giant Manta rays.
Screenshot_20230801_145820_Gallery.jpg

Back