• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Picture Perfect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris

Staff
Senior Moderator
Bells
Island
Vylbrand
White Rose
White Rose
Golden Watering Can
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
Red Rose
Yellow Rose
Picture Perfect.png

Task

To create a memory book-style page (or doublespread) to showcase a good memory you have of the time you spent in Animal Crossing: New Leaf. Please also include at least one line of text alongside it to explain how this picture is related to Animal Crossing: New Leaf specifically. Your page could be dedicated to your town, your villagers, friends you played with, activities you took part in, etc. This can be done digitally or traditionally and your entry must adhere to the new Art Event Submission Policies and Guidelines.

Just to eliminate any confusion, I'm going to share now that this entry is not allowed to contain any screenshots from the game. It is a drawing event; not a digital editing event.

Submit your entry by posting a picture of it here in this thread alongside one line of text minimum. The judges for this event will consist of members of the The Bell Tree Staff Team who will award staff favourites.

You will have until 11:59PM EDT on March 21st 2024 submit your entries.

Finally, Mistreil is co-hosting on this event as an advisor. They will be helping me with ensuring that all entries meet our new Art Event Submission Policies and Guidelines and that they are being enforced fairly.

Rules

• Entries must be your own work.
  • Entries must fit the memory book page format and the Animal Crossing: New Leaf theme.
  • No collaborative projects.
  • Submissions can be hand-drawn or digital.
  • Animations are not accepted.
  • You can use craft supplies but cannot use other people's work or any other pre-made components; this is known as plagiarism. For further clarification on how we define plagiarism please see our Art Event Submission Policies and Guidelines thread.
  • A reasonable amount of effort should be put into your creations. Submissions that appear rushed or made as a joke won't be accepted.
  • All entries submitted are final. Please do not edit your entry after submission unless asked to by a staff member.
  • Your username must be visible somewhere in your submission.
  • Keep all creations appropriate for a PG-13 audience.

How to Submit

Submit your entry by posting it in this thread by 11:59PM EDT on March 21st 2024. This can be either on a name card if your submission is physical or written directly on the artwork if your submission is digital.

Submission Checklist:
✅ Your entry meets both the memory book page format and Animal Crossing: New Leaf theme.​
✅ You have attached an image of your entry.​
✅ You have at least one line of text describing how your entry fits the theme.​
✅ You have included your name card.​
✅ It is no later than 11:59PM EDT on March 21st, 2024.​

Prizes

Participation
  • Participation Prize: 30 MEOW Coupon + 30 TBT Bells
  • Staff Favourites: Complete ACNL House Letter Set (Choice of Yellow の or Purple の)
    33.jpg
    34.jpg
    35.jpg
    36.jpg
    [
    37.jpg
    OR
    635.jpg
    ]
    38.jpg

Frequently Asked Questions

Q. Who will decide who wins? The staff or members' votes?
A. The judges will consist of members of the The Bell Tree Staff Team. They will select the winning entries, known as "Staff Favourites".

Q. Can we only draw flat pictures or can I craft a memory book?
A. You may craft a memory book.

Q. I have a question about the new Art Event Submission Policies and Guidelines...
A. Please feel free to ask any questions directly in this thread.

Q. It has been a couple of days and my entry hasn't been accepted.
A. My personal schedule is very busy right now so there may be delays in accepting entries. Please be patient with me on this one.

I'm wondering if this is meant to be scrap-book style? Would scrap-book be an acceptable style?

This is making me want to look back at all my images I took and pic out some really good ones~

Apologies if this is really obvious and I'm just out of a loop, but is it possible to provide an example of what classifies as a "memory book-style page (or doublespread)"? I'm really not sure what this is 😅
Along the same idea as a photo album or a scrap book. We avoided using these terms in planning so people wouldn't skim the opening post and assume they're allowed to use screenshots based on the terminology.

If i were to have a scrapbook of my memories in Yume* town i would defiantly have a postcard/photo from Pelly at the post office to remind me of the very first thing i encountered when i landed at the station in June 2013, and how it all began.

Boy was i in for an adventure becoming Mayor of Yume* Town💕
2024-03-08_63326 pm.jpeg

If i were to have a scrapbook of my memories in Yume* town i would defiantly have a postcard/photo from Pelly at the post office to remind me of the very first thing i encountered when i landed at the station in June 2013, and how it all began.

Boy was i in for an adventure becoming Mayor of Yume* Town💕
View attachment 540343
Hi, I'm sorry but we are looking forward this to be presented in the format of a memory book page rather than only the item(s) you would include in it. If you could please edit your drawing to reflect that, and submit it in a new post, that would be appreciated. Thank you!

Memory Book.png

My Memory Book contains the highlights of all three regions of MoonGlow, from when it was published as a dream town.
The setting is based on the time of day and year, the apple was the town fruit, and the tulips were the dominant flower.
The Re-Tail's pond in the west, the camping forest in the east, and the Cafe Plaza in the south.​

Here's my memory book page! I spent a lot of time on Tortimer's Island catching beetles and fishing for sharks, so I wanted to base my memory page on that! I included a drawing based on an old screenshot I took on the island as well as bananas, Kapp'n's family, Tortimer's shell, a golden stag beetle, and bells
telBRht.png

spoiler]

Here is my memory book-style page: I first became mayor of the town "Noir" back in November 2013. Since then I have made so many memories from the strong friendships I have formed, enjoying islander tours with others and completing town initiatives to improve the town of Noir.

Untitled 20.png

The inspiration for this work is the below image of what my house looks like in New Leaf
IMG_1530.jpg

IMG_9532.png

our cherished memories of takoyaki
shine as bright as the stars in the night sky

takoyaki started off in 2015 as my second island; eventually turned into main. it all started with the announcement of becoming mayor, one that still feels so welcoming and nostalgic even to this day. memories of reaching the maximum amount of days played, reflected by my tree, being spooked by the snowmen yelling at me, and spending summer evenings grinding out bug catching on the island were the highlights of my new leaf days. now those days are sadly, long behind me, but the memories and joy new leaf brought will always remain. my love letter to new leaf, a game that is near and dear to my heart, one that will forever be special.

Do you have to have played NL or had an existing or previous town to make an NL inspired theme to participate? I saw the part about following the new art guidelines, just unclear on if you had to have played before or not.

Do you have to have played NL or had an existing or previous town to make an NL inspired theme to participate? I saw the part about following the new art guidelines, just unclear on if you had to have played before or not.
To be fair you could make a memory up and whos gonna know, it's pretty much the same basic activities as new horizons. Just put your references as you said :whistle:

This is probably not the answer staff would want

It's fine to participate, but make sure to do your homework first on how the games differ. e.g. if a new villager such as Sasha or Raymond appears in your entry you'll look a little silly!

Picture Perfect.jpg

Starting New Leaf on December 31st, 2019 and ringing in the new year with my first villagers always felt like an interesting beginning to me, so I based the first polaroid around that, featuring my original starting five villagers! Further down is a photo and moving away letter from Nate, who was one of my early move-ins and one of my favorites of those early villagers; the letter and string are based on a conversation I remember having with him! I also included some "stickers" of my native fruit, a scrap featuring my town's flag and town hall variation, some of my favorite medals I have in-game and a recreation of a MEOW Coupon!
(In case it's hard to see, my username is written in-between Nate's letter and the picture of the flag!)
Meow_Coupon_NLWa_Artwork.jpg
Backyard_Gardener_Badge_Gold_NL_Badge_Icon.png
Weed_Badge_Silver_NL_Badge_Icon.png
Dreamer_Badge_Bronze_NL_Badge_Icon.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back