• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Cosmic Canvas (Crews 1 & 2)

Sure! I suggest using one of the images below though, that might save you some frustration & printer ink:
Sorry to ask another related question. So I created my design on white paper. Can I submit a jpg of the black on white then? Or must I try and transfer to black ones that were provided.

IMG_4343.jpeg

Over there! you can clearly see the Crane Accidentally Carries Shark constellation! As the story goes, two avid stargazers couldn't agree on whose constellation would get that star in the sky, until one of them was actually attacked by a crane, and the other was surprised and almost bit by a shark. They decided that after those horrible incidents, both of their constellations should be merged into one ... the two creatures could fight it out amongst themselves!

I'm not sure if we're supposed to follow the direction the shark is trying to go, or the direction the crane is carrying it, but I remember that one of them is said to lead to safety.

IMG_5640.jpeg

I present to you, the Good Kitty constellation! The Good Kitty is a great navigation tool (the tip of the tail contains the South Star, Australis), and between the months of October and January, it looks as if the cat is laying down! According to ancient mesoamerican cultures, spotting this constellation with the naked eye means that you have a pure heart and a strong natural instinct to care for others.

consellation.jpg

solaris vulpes

some say a fox's coat is a blessing from the sun itself, and so when they pass from our earthly world, they return to their immortal brethren in the stars, where they can dance around said sun for eternity. if you look up into the night sky and appear to see the visage of a fox staring back, rumor has it one of these starry rovers has taken a liking to you, resulting in a guardian for life, and any time you gaze at the stars going forth, the same fox will always be there to gaze back.
fox.png

cons.png

The Playful Pup

This constellation was first found by a hiker who had trekked far up a mountain, but had become separated from his canine companion after the small dog tumbled down a slippery slope. By the time he made it to where the pup had fallen, he had vanished. As night fell, the hiker saw this constellation, and he began wandering up the mountain in the same direction. When he reached the edge of the mountain, his dog came bounding out from a nearby boulder, with only a minor affliction from his fall. The constellation is said to resemble good luck.
cons2.png

scan1.jpeg

Mercury Djinni

This constellation has a connection to water, one of the world’s four elements. It represents the spirit of healing and gentleness, but also bitter cold and neverending rage. The shape resembles a Homarus Gammarus. Note the pincer tail. It can best be spotted from the balcony of Mercury Lighthouse, located near Imil in a snowy region. Legends say that there exist constellations representing the three other elements.

cosmic-canvas.png

the sasha constellation
it is believed in chinese culture that the rabbit is considered the luckiest of the twelve zodiac animals. if you're ever feeling lost or uncertain, look up at the sky and you might be able to spot the rabbit in the sky. many enjoy stepping away from the city's bright lights and take the time to find this constellation in the sky, the bunny bringing them a moment of calm and peacefulness.​

Last edited:
Really hope this counts. It looks like a preschool child created it! But it is what it is. If time were factored in I would win top prize. Haha!!
1690777191704.png

This is the Gingerbread Man Constellation. Discovered in 1875, according to legends this little gingerbread man was baked by a childless woman. He ran away and was chased by the old woman, her husband, several farm hands and animals. Unfortunately during his escape he lost parts of himself that broke away. You can see pieces are missing from his head, one arm and his foot. When the gingerbread man was caught and eaten by a fox the little gingerbread man's spirit rose into the sky and has shined there brightly ever since. Children delight in being able to point out his starry existence and dream of getting to eat their own gingerbread man!

My constellation not only is immortalized in the sky, but also in song.

" When the light hits your eye like a big pizza pie-
That's Amore.
When the stars seem to shine like you've had too much wine-
That's Amore.
Dinner bells ring-
Ting a-ling-a-ling, Ting a-ling-a-ling
And you'll sing "Fetta di pizza"!
Hearts will play
Tippy tippy tay, Tippy tippy tay
Like they say, "Buon Appetito!"
When the stars make you drool just like Pasta e Fasul-
That's Amore
When you dance down the street for a quick bite to eat, you're in luck!"

It is said that if you eat pizza under these stars, the pizza tastes twice as good.
Amore.jpg

The Leaf Constellation

Leaf.png

The Leaf Constellation was discovered in 1795 by an astronomer who carried his leaf around to bring him good luck. One night, when the astronomer looked at the sky, and saw something that looked like a leaf, he thought of discovering the constellation and he did few days later. An interesting fact is that whenever someone looks at the constellation at night, they would bring good luck for anything they want to do.

The Tired Squirrel

The Lazy Squirrel Constellation.png

The Lazy Squirrel constellation traces its roots back to ancient cultures who observed the night sky with deep reverence.
According to their mythology, a clever squirrel saved their tribe during a harsh winter, despite multiple setbacks,
by gathering and sharing an abundant harvest. After a long few months, the squirrel slept for 31 days and 31 nights.
The celestial squirrel's selfless act earned it a place among the stars, forever reminding us of the importance of
community and compassion.

This sneaky solar hungry shark, Skylar, searches space for what sounds like edible items to try and eat them. First, his attempt to have a bite of Mars is scuppered. Then, he tries to swallow the Milky Way Galaxy. After these failed attempts, he realizes they are too precious to destroy for a moment of pleasure in his mouth and they should remain for future generations to gaze in awe.
Cosmic Canvas entry.jpeg

This Lost Turtle has roamed too far from the ocean, finding herself surfing the the dark galaxies of space in search of sandy beaches to lay her eggs. It is hoped one day she will find a galaxy providing the perfect conditions for her babies. But for now, she swims across the stars, showing off her bright green glow.

11BD65FC-E9BC-450D-B2CE-D89FCD8C2E19.jpeg

Sarah3_CosmicCanvas.png

The Starfish of the Skies

Legend has it that the moon truly is not the one having affect on the ocean's tides. In reality, it is the starfish that looks after us all! Every time you are at the beach, being thankful for the beautiful warm water rushing to your feet as you start to get in, look up and thank the starfish of the skies!

All entries up to this point should be accepted, let me know if yours was not;

View attachment 502312
I present to you, the Good Kitty constellation! The Good Kitty is a great navigation tool (the tip of the tail contains the South Star, Australis), and between the months of October and January, it looks as if the cat is laying down! According to ancient mesoamerican cultures, spotting this constellation with the naked eye means that you have a pure heart and a strong natural instinct to care for others.
View attachment 502526

Legend has it that the moon truly is not the one having affect on the ocean's tides. In reality, it is the starfish that looks after us all! Every time you are at the beach, being thankful for the beautiful warm water rushing to your feet as you start to get in, look up and thank the starfish of the skies!

Both of these entries are fine but the images are missing your TBT username! Would you be able to either resubmit in a new post or send an updated image to me directly so I can accept the entry for you? Thanks!

Resubmit from above since I forgot to include my username!

Sarah3_CosmicCanvas.png

wooperconstellation.png

The "Woober" Constellation

Ancient mythology wove a tale of a Wooper so dumb he could not even pronounce his own name. After raiding the food stores of an entire village, his ceaseless cravings led him to wander the countryside. Upon hearing we live in a “Milky Way”, he defied all reason and logic and launched himself into the stars.

Sadly, there was no deliciousness to be had, but he never returned to Earth, looming ominously close to our galaxy. We can only pray he has no ulterior motives to consume it.

If you spot this constellation in the sky, you should probably feed yourself a snack.

wooperconstellation2.png

28529287-CB9F-42E5-BFF0-DACB558BD097.png
The laughing axolotl.
The laughing axolotl (previously known as the clown) was renamed after one of Dr. Srunks more disastrous shows. The constellation comity was inspired by his commitment to follow his dream and keep laughing no matter how many people falling asleep in the audience. Now he inspires laughter when ever someone looks up at the night sky.

The laughing axolotl will show us the way home and give us a good laugh while we’re at it.
E335882F-08D4-41BB-94D0-D27758418D6C.png

Constellations.png

The Blue Duo

In 2021 B.C., there are two peculiar animals with a unique colour of blue. They say it's a dog and a tadpole that bears these colours which typically wouldn't be found in their respective species. How? It's still uncertain, but perhaps when continuing with our adventures in space, we might uncover the answer soon enough!
It's been a while since I last drew Blue and Poliwag hehehe.
Blue and Poliwag constellation drawing.png

Back