• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Picture Perfect

Status
Not open for further replies.
scrapbook.jpg

i based my scrapbook entry on some of my favorite aspects of new leaf, such as collecting badges and doing favors for my villagers. (i still wish time capsules had made it to NH </3) i also wanted to pay homage to both of the towns i had by including a trip of one of my mayors visiting the other !!
references.jpg

+ full sizes of the stickers (except cherry/fossil/mushroom because apparently i deleted the original layers 🤡)
stickers.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey @Chris may we use washi tape to tape drawn images onto the base craft paper? (I have AC washi tape that I am DYING to use!!!!)
Hm, this is one for @Mistreil I think!

I also wanna know this~!
Also, wanted to know if clay can be used? I can explain in PM what I plan to do, its judt a lil small thing.
It would depend exactly what you're doing with it. Please feel free to DM.

@Chris could i possibly DM about my submission ?? little worried i might be violating the new art policies/guidelines (mostly re: "significant additions" when referencing some official assets) and want to check in about it before i submit.
Your references look fine to me, but I'll wait for the green light from @Mistreil before accepting because they were much more heavily involved than I was in developing the new guidelines.

I played like the first 2 years of this game entirely solo so I don't have a lot of multiplayer hijinks to reminisce on, but I have a ton of great memories of it regardless. ;;

X8cGeRr.png

A small collage of memories from New Leaf: getting a job at the Roost, visiting Club Tortimer, and meeting a new villager (who should have been Tier 1)

I played like the first 2 years of this game entirely solo so I don't have a lot of multiplayer hijinks to reminisce on, but I have a ton of great memories of it regardless. ;;

X8cGeRr.png
The club tortimer one LMAO

i remembered why i don't do traditional entries, the lighting in my house is awful sgsfsfs, hopefully it looks alright!

also extreme shade to the light green marker that did NOT blend as well as it did when i first tested it

image.png

my page is about my first naturally grown blue rose! it was annoyingly complicated, you had to make purple and orange roses (i didn't draw the oranges 'cause i thought they clashed with the colour palette), breed them together to make a "hybrid red", and breed those hybrid reds to make blue. i had a huge garden of hybrid reds and it took forever, but eventually got a blue after a month or so. don't ask why i wanted to put myself through all that 💀

wwsE2Cv.jpeg

Here's my ACNL memory book! It showcases the growth of Avalar's town tree, and the town in general over the seasons.🌱🌻🍂❄️
I wanted to highlight some of the NPCs who were left behind in NL like the snow people, Katie, Nat, and Chip as well as some buildings; the Roost, Re-Tail, and the train station. Additionally, I included four leaf clover, sapphire ore, and perfect cherry stickers to represent my my town which is covered in clover, my town's native fruit, and my favorite ore from NL. This game meant so much to me and was a formative part of growing up for me, this event has been so bittersweet in that I've rekindled my love for New Leaf just in time to let it go.
XlRHjnn.jpeg

IMG_1136.jpeg

I have soooooo many wonderful memories of new leaf. My most favorite memory was of Filbert giving me the moon. I realize they don’t carry it around like that but I mean come on who can actually fit a moon in their pocket. I still have the moon to stay in my inventory from my sweet boy. I also wanted to include my favorite petition that I ever helped with which was Francines wish to ban scary clowns. I am absolutely with you, Francine!!!! Other things that really stood out for me was my inventory completion. I was so proud of that and I realize the badge only shows up to 80% but mine is complete. The other badge I wanted to showcase was the ambassador badge and that was mainly because of here. So many memories of getting to do fun stuff with some of you guys but especially my two besties. Some other little things I included were my fav accessory, and the bubble blower, wands and the balloons because they’re all just such fun items!

IMG_1126.jpeg

IMG_1073.jpeg

IMG_1071.png

IMG_1066.jpeg

IMG_0788.png
IMG_0713.png
IMG_0710.png

Here's my entry that I completed in colored pencils. One of my fondest memories of New Leaf was receiving a perfect apple that I planted to a tree. This was the first perfect fruit I received in the game, so it meant a lot to me. I also drew a golden rose since I have some in my town Goldbay.

Submission for Picture Perfect.jpg

Reference for Picture Perfect.jpg

Screenshot_20240320_130652_Gallery.jpg

This is my entry showcasing some of my fav memories from New Leaf, set within the backdrop that is my lovely town tree:
♡ Mango: the name of my NL town (& one of my fav fruits) 🥭
♡ Penelope: my bestie 🎀
♡ Bruce: my main man 🐐
♡ Dr. Shrunk: a fellow night owl, & seeing his joy as he boogies down in Club LOL makes me smile 😃
♡ Blue Rose: the most difficult hybrid for me to grow, & what I consider to be one of my best accomplishments in game 💙🌹
♡ Bunny Balloon: to commemorate one of my favorite mini games on Tortimer Island 🐇🎈🏝
♡ Pink Toy Hammer & 🩷 Balloon: to honor this wonderful event & farewell to this amazing game 💕

031724_01TBT.png

My mayor and customizing her has always been one of my favorite parts of New Leaf! The outfit in the 'before' picture is what I believe to be the first picture I took of my mayor in the photo booth that I've never changed before in my TPC? At the least, it's very old! The 'after' picture is my mayor with blue hair and in her signature outfit that I've collected many arts of. According to some old posts on here, I wanted my mayor to look like Hatsune Miku, but I changed the outfit so it wasn't just her exactly. I probably would have ended up changing the color and style, but I kept it like that for a long time because someone on TBT complimented it- and the blue stuck ever since! The most recent pic is how I like to dress my mayor now since I think the Luigi hat is a bit silly! Both TBT and ACNL are what really got me into art (wish I coulda spent more time to work on this piece after saying this lol) and changed me in my formative years so I wanted to make a piece based off of that, since I have a lot of good memories that stem from my mayor's existence.​

IMG_0071.jpeg
My favorite memory from New Leaf is obtaining and hoarding so many flowers that they cover my town :) A lovely sight to reflect on after booting up the game after some time.

I attempted based off of the flowers in game. My proportions are horrible but I tried, haha :”) The lily of the valley came from memory and the ordinance was made up.

Link here

IMG_0072.jpeg

IMG_7738.png

Too many memories, too many moments, too many friends, and too many days to fit in a single page, but that’s alright; I’ll carry these with me in my heart wherever I go. Farewell, New Leaf, my pride, my joy, my happiness, my love.

May the winds and balloons take you to where you need to be next. 🎈

Clarity wasn’t my first New Leaf town, but it was my first home away from home. My canvas of childlike carelessness and creativity. My own little world that I could escape to when I was bored, lonely or when real life was too much. I could spend hours fishing and farming beetles on Tortimer’s Island, whereas in the real world I would be up hours past my bedtime, hiding under my blankets, hoping that my parents wouldn’t check up on me and catch me playing. New Leaf was my first time playing with others, my first sense of a gaming community. New Leaf was my friend when I didn’t have any irl. New Leaf brought me here.

I said my farewell to Clarity and Mayor Emily years ago, but I still think of them often. Sometimes, when I’m feeling particularly regretful about selling my game, I like to imagine that another little girl (or boy) found it. They brought their game home, expecting to start it anew, but instead was greeted with the sight of Clarity. A town that had been so developed in memories and friendship, but not so much in decoration. I like to imagine that they picked up where I left off, and Clarity is still out there somewhere, just a train ride away. 💜

IMG_6733.jpeg

F508E2E4-5E12-4D70-8A91-E7137E68CC45.jpeg
IMG_6738.png
okay it probably doesn’t look like it, but I’ve straight up spent days on this and I am tired !! I fear I’m the kind of “artist” where it takes hours just to draw a circle that I’m actually happy with, so this was. a Journey

because I’m me, I of course want to ramble about the significance of some of the things I included in my entry, so I will do that in a spoiler in case anyone is actually curious or interested !!
The Polaroids:

Beau’s polaroid - Beau was my absolute favourite villager in New Leaf, even before I had the game. Even before it had released in NA yet! I adored him from the moment I saw him on the list of villagers in New Leaf, before I even knew his English name. He ended up randomly moving into Clarity all on his own, which is what the polaroid references! And the rest was history. <3 He may not be my #1 favourite villager anymore, but he’s still my bestest bud and my dearest (pun intended) friend. I had him in New Leaf, I have him in New Horizons, and I will have him in every future AC game. I honestly considered dedicating this scrapbook just to him because of how important he was to 11-15-year-old me. My love letter to New Leaf, and my proper goodbye to Clarity, wouldn’t be complete without him.

Hazel’s polaroid - Hazel was one of my “+ 50 others” dreamies, and I eventually ended up getting her! Only to have her ask to leave within a week or two of moving in. 😂 She ended up asking to move 2-3 more times, frequently, before I got the hint and let her go. I loved Hazel, but Hazel did not love me or Clarity LOL

Hannah’s polaroid - Club Tortimer was my social anxiety’s biggest OPP during my New Leaf days. I worked my butt off to earn the medals for it, paid for it, and then refused to actually use it for months. I was too scared LOL. I did eventually gather up the courage, and I met Hannah on one of the international islands. I don’t remember what her character looked like, but I remember English wasn’t her native language, so we didn’t talk much. But we did go on a bunch of tours together, and it was honestly a lot of fun! She eventually had to leave, but before she did, she bought me the ukulele from the gift shop, and gifted it to me before going on her way. :’) I may have forgotten what Hannah looked like, and we may not have understood each other well, but I’ve never forgotten her kindness or the fun I had playing with her. It’s still one of my fondest gaming memories, and I hope wherever Hannah is these days, that she’s doing well.

Zeva’s polaroid - I’ve talked about my late kitty, Zeva, quite a bit on here. Since her passing, I’ve tried to include her in every artwork I’ve created if I can, as a small way to pay tribute to her and keep her memory alive. I want her to be a part of everything I do and accomplish, always. Zeva was with me my entire time playing New Leaf, and for my first year and a half of New Horizons, so I of course had to include her in this. 🖤

Everything else:

Snow Bunny -
the Snow Bunny was one of my favourite items in New Leaf, and one of my favourite collectibles on here, so I felt it was only right to include it! I miss decorating with her every day 😔

Dreamies list - Making (and remaking) my dreamies list was one of the biggest ways I kept myself occupied in the months leading up to New Leaf’s NA release. I probably made, scrapped and remade my dreamies list 10+ times, each one different.

Lolly and Sprinkle stickers - Lolly was another one of my random move-ins, and also one of my dearest friends! She plopped her house right next to mine, so she was often the first thing I saw when I loaded up my game each day. Sprinkle was one of Clarity’s first villagers, and was there when Clarity was first created! She also happens to be one of my absolute favourite villagers, and even came with me to New Horizons!

Things that are ILLEGAL in Clarity - For some reason, I used to absolutely hate Pietro. I don’t even know why. I don’t know if my mom’s dislike of clowns temporarily rubbed off on me or what, but my disdain for him was so strong that I swore to reset my town immediately if he never moved in. He never did, so I don’t know if I would have actually reset or not LOL, but I’m fond of him now!! Al….. not so much. He randomly moved in and squashed some of my hybrids in my first New Leaf town, but my grudge was so great that he got himself banned from Clarity, too.

Perfect Pear - Looking back at some of my old screenshots, I discovered that Clarity’s native fruit was pears! Makes having it as my fruit on here during the Farewell to New Leaf event even more special. 💚

Pity Party - I discovered Melanie Martinez and her music about a year or 2 into playing New Leaf, and she’s still one of my favourite artists to this day. I’m even seeing her live for the first time this June! I chose to include “Pity Party” because I had a room inspired by the music video for it in my house.

ok I am going to go snooze now. for many years.​

Is there a chance that these entries will be accepted before the deadline? I’m nervous that if there’s an issue with my submission, I won’t find out until it’s too late to repair, and I spent a really long time working on it!

Is there a chance that these entries will be accepted before the deadline? I’m nervous that if there’s an issue with my submission, I won’t find out until it’s too late to repair, and I spent a really long time working on it!
same, like if we need references or something i hope we're given extra time to add necessary changes

hello, I’m struggling to upload my submission as I’m currently not at home due to unforeseen circumstances and don’t have access to a pc, I only have my iPad and phone and I literally can’t grab the direct link to upload the image and the file is too big to upload so I hope this link is acceptable. It’s not the full resolution

(I did all the lineart for this before dealing with a very recent bereavement so it’s not as finalised as I would like but I’m still proud that I finished it sorry I’m a bit of a mess tbh)

Reflection on my New Leaf town ended up being way more sentimental than I thought. But my most vivid memory was the welcome amiibo update which included the Sanrio characters. Still can’t believe Nintendo created this and I felt rly bad about Europe getting pretty easy access to them compared to everywhere else - idk how or why it worked out like that

I also rly miss the extent of the fortune cookie items and little descriptions for each one, I thought the Pikmin item was most fitting

Also pretty sure acnh doesn’t have four leaf clovers?? In acnl it was kinda random whether the weed/clover would be a four leaf clover and idk it was a cute lil interaction

Customised furniture used to be so easy to tell with the leaf turning red, obvs acnh doesn’t do this!

The wee badges on the back of our profile card were one of my favourite things, way more accomplishing that nook mile stamps, also the excitement seeing Phineas visiting ur town and knowing u got a new badge 🥹

and Brewster having his own cafe, the decoration around this in my town is my favourite ! I also prefer seeing npcs randomly show up by chance instead of scanning them in with amiibo.. and being able to work there was rly cute

the iglooooo campsite!!!!!!! so atmospheric, had to include felyne- never had him in my town but always hoped he would return for acnh

I had a little acww stylus pen which I continued to use for acnl, I had a Pokémon one too

I obvs had to include a lil Sonny Angel hipper

Sadly I wasn't able to finish it the way I liked. I am waaaay to late.

The small town tree, still a sapling, represents my first day starting the game! My beloved Bunnie was one of my first villagers and she is to this day one of my favorits 💕 The page also shows my mayor and my town fruit is visibel. I will miss Merupuri!

IMG_20240321_210321.png

images (5).jpeg
images (4).jpeg
162_200131_NSW_Animal-Crossing-New-Horizons_Characters-267-790x790.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back