• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Personal Preference Kit (Crews 3 & 4)

2023080215141200-02CB906EA538A35643C1E1484C4B947D.jpg

🐼 The Panda Bear Necessities 🐼
At home, I'm just a simple panda, but in space, I'm a heroic, steampunk galactic princess! Well, I think it would be a lot of fun to cosplay as one, anyway ^^ so with sword at the ready, I can always be there to protect my crewmates. On a trip this long and eventful, I brought the things that are most important to me.

🔭 Telescope - to better study and understand the secrets of the universe: there are many mysterious wonders to discover out there!

🪴 Terrarium - to bring back home a sample of extraterrestrial plant life and perhaps cultivate the seeds of the future back on Earth.

📔 Books - so that I may document my observations of various otherworldly phenomena, as well as write down my personal thoughts.

🐰 Dreamy Rabbit - in irl I own a rabbit plush that I would most certainly take with me on any trip, for comfort. It's my best buddy!

🍪 Cookies - emergency rations in case I'm ever stranded in a strange alien world. Also may come in handy if I meet an alien mouse.

2023081112531100-02CB906EA538A35643C1E1484C4B947D.jpg

My outfit is something casual and comfortable. Jeans, jumper and trainers.

The items I would bring with me are.

Coffee cup and coffee beans. These are a must to start any day, even in space.

Laptop so I can keep in touch with my loved ones. (Not sure my data would work, but I'd keep trying for a signal)

Toilet because I would get the fear having to share with 30 moon bunny crew members.

Toilet rolls well they are important.

If I went to space I would bring my favourite things
8-C3-DAC43-7-DCE-4575-9264-8-DB9-D3999-E61.jpg

The first thing I would bring would be my sleeping bag of course! I love to sleep and space could be quiet cold, so I’d bring it to sleep. Then I would bring my laptop so I could play some games with friends and entertain myself, I would also have to bring my Nintendo Switch so I could enter the tbt events and not miss out on any points.
My trusty tarantula would come with me to scare off any people while I sleep, and to give me comfort. Then my dinosaur as it’s in my name and it represents me quite well!
My clothes also reflect how I’d wanna be, warm and comfy and space themed! I hope the aliens like me

6B57F70D-B6F4-4CE4-A462-53229A3A57BC.jpeg

I’m not really an ‘outdoorsy’ type person, so when packing for a trip comfort tends to come first. For my outfit I went with my cozy wide brimmed witches hat, comfy cotton nightgown, sturdy steel boots, and my space-whale-purple pair of glasses; all common staples of my wardrobe that are both functional and comfortable. I also added my handy dandy over the shoulder sword in scabbard for safety’s sake, just in case we run into any hostile alien opponents out in the dark of space camp.
As for what I packed, comfort once again won the suitcase space:
  • Not knowing how our crew quarters would be outfitted, the quality of our beds, or if we would have beds at all, the first thing I packed was my fluffiest futon, which just so happens to have a space blanket built in.
  • I was only going to bring my plush unicorn Mal, but then I realized that I would have enough space to bring my whole dreamy goth Lolita plush collection, shelf and all! So my stuffed fluffy friends were the second addition to my personal pack.
  • The third thing that I quite literally threw into my suitcase in my desperation to never forget it at home was my most precious of possessions: my coffee maker. Yes, I can’t believe it either that this somehow managed to slip my mind to the point that it was the third thing I packed, but worry not! The precious percolator and provider of life sustaining caffeine has been carefully prepared to be available to provide coffee to all space campers.
  • Fourth I packed my skeletonized vinyl voicer, once again to provide comfort while camping in a quarantined capsule among the stars. It may be cumbersome and counterintuitive to fiddle with an antiquated vinyl player while traveling in a technology marvel, but if anyone else has problems sleeping in unfamiliar places without some soothing sounds then you’ll understand the motivation for mellow (or perhaps Motionless) music.
  • Finally I packed my personal telescope, the one thing not packed for comfort. I brought my telescope originally with the intention of doing some carefree cosmic observation, but given that our curious captain has now gone missing I’m rather glad I did. Perhaps this thing will come in handy for converting constellations to a comparable course home…

oTHxAkv.jpg

eDbGhqY.jpg

If it were to go to outer space, I would pack in protective gear. My helmet, windbreaker, boots, etc., were all chosen to withstand the dangers that might come from being on a foreign planet like debrief, wind, and projectiles! Super practical. I also just really love how my racing helmet looks!

The things I would bring along with me are really simple. First and foremost, my hammock is meant to serve as a nice, comfortable place to sleep and relax. I think that's number 1 for something like this.

I also thought of the arts. If I'm going to be visiting or living on a different planet, I would want to enjoy and capture the beauty of my surroundings. I would bring my painting easel/supplies with me so I can something to create. In a similar vein, I would bring a ukulele with me too, so I have a skill that I can practice and create music.

Along the lines of music, I'd bring my record player with me. It's important for me to always have a soft tune playing in the background throughout my day, keeps my spirits high!

Finally, something to remind myself of home and my family. My mom's plush would act as a sentimental item that I can hug if I get homesick and remember all the good times in my life before :]

IMG_7800.jpeg

I wanted my character to have a retro look so I went with an Astro dress, Label heels, and Nurse cap.

I always worry about emergencies when traveling, so I would take a first aid kit on long trips. A jet pack seems like a good addition to an emergency kit. With every trip I always take an extra set of clothes in case of stains. I also would take a pocketbook and pen with me both for emergencies and journal entries. Finally, I would take a photo of my family for comfort. Knowing me, I would also try to sneak in the good luck charm that my mom gave me in primary school. It’s small and flat.

Usagi is ready for space camp!

IMG_8444.jpeg

Outfit: Usagi is wearing her usual school outfit. Sure this isn’t school but she wears it a lot and it’s comfy ok?

Large Star Fragment Legendary Silver Crystal: Usagi never leaves home without this. She may need to transform into Sailor Moon at a moments notice to protect the other campers from evil.
Star Wand Disguise Pen: You never know when taking on a disguise will come in clutch!
Pocket Magazine Manga: Usagi’s favourite thing to read to pass the time. This one happens to be a special volume on Sailor Moon to boot.
Lucky Cat Luna: Girl’s best friend and close advisor.
Arcade Fighting Game Sailor V Arcade Game: Usagi really shouldn’t have snuck this onto the ship but she did anyways! Gotta beat that high score as we blast off into space.

dg4l525-20f05e84-367b-4abc-b03c-606008528ef3.jpg

I've got my stuff packed, I'm ready to go to space!

My outfit may be a little more on the formal side, but it's cozy and comfortable for me which is always a plus! I've got my satchel in case I need to carry anything else with me. Also, can't forget my glasses! Can't see without those after all.

I'm bringing a few items with me on my trip:

1) Lily Record Player: So I can soothe myself and my camp mates with some nice music to listen to.
2) Cherry blossom branches: I'm sure plant life is hard to come by in the vast open space. I can smell and enjoy these beautiful flowers to my heart's content!
3) Lucky Cat: It's my best buddy. It always comes along with me wherever I go, I can't leave it behind! It can experience the mysteries of the universe together with me.
4) Miso ramen: You can't survive anywhere if you don't have any food! I'm bringing one of my favorite dishes with me so I can share with everyone else!
5) Medicine: I would hate to be sick while I'm in a once-in-a-lifetime trip out to space! If anyone needs any medicine, I got your covered!

personal kit.jpeg

My outfit for Space Camp is primarily composed of the spaciest item I had, the meme shirt. To complete the look I am wearing matching high top sneakers, a star hair-pin and jean shorts.

The items I packed for my personal preference kit are:
-Pizza! With mushrooms of course. To keep me fed and happy, nobody likes a hangry camper.
-My Switch Lite for my own personal entertainment and for gaming with crewmates.
-Jars for collecting space rocks! I'm making sure to bring home a souvenir.
-My comfiest pjs. Being cozy helps me get the best sleep when I'm sleeping away from home.
-A video camera so I can make a home movie about Space Camp! Without video evidence nobody is going to believe all the wild things that have happened.

image0 2.jpeg

I've decided to travel in comfort and have stuck with my fleece pyjamas, they're cosy and warm and I'd wear them everywhere but apparently going out in your pyjamas is not really socially acceptable :rolleyes: also got my backpack on to carry around essentials and trainers to prepare for a lot of walking exploring new planets!

In my personal kit I have bought along my sleeping bag as I need somewhere comfy to sleep and my teddy bear to have something soft to cuddle and remind me of home. I've also bought a couple of toothbrushes to feel refreshed and cause if I am spending a month in space my teeth are going to need some attention - dentists are expensive! A cool box was a must, I'm quite a fussy eater and as I don't know what the food situation is like in space I wanted to be prepared. Finally I've bought along my switch to stave off some boredom and keep everyone occupied with some fun games.

cavee.jpg

Outfit: I want to go to space while dressing comfortable and looking nice, so I wear my usual summer outfit with a space helmet (also a sword, just in case!)

My personal kit:

- Barbecue
I have to be well feed in space so I'll cook some delicious food on my barbacue and if I meet some aliens maybe I'll share
- Record player I'll play music during the trip so I don't feel too homesick and also past the time singing along my favorites songs
- Camera I must document anything important I find and also bring some nice photos as memories of this adventure
- Scented candles In case I need to relax or the pressure of cosmic traveling gets too bad I can always count on them!
- Safe Box Whats in the box?! Its a SECRET jk just some moon rocks, I want to bring souvenirs and need to keep them very safe :'P

JH_SpaceKit.jpg

Nothing says a space explorer like a literal space explorer outfit! Gotta keep it safe with the spacesuit and boots, but added an explorer's hat for fun!

The 5 items I would bring resemble closest to my daily life. A baseball set to hit balls off the moon, a treadmill to keep in shape for those tough space walks, a laptop to watch space movies, a cat tower to have my cats come along for the ride, and last but not least, my Nintendo Switch to keep me busy during some much needed down time inside the space cabin!

tbt5thing.png

I think wearing my cool summer astro sleeveless dress was a good call for this weather 😉(y)
plus who can't forget the awesome shades as well ~

the items I'm bringing along with me are...
+ my star shaped fish net - who knows what kind of creatures I can catch this with!
+ comic books - need my daily dose of my favorite mangas :3
+ my utility wagon - uh.. it looks messy I know, but I promise I packed all the important survival stuff >u<
+ bluetooth speaker - music is life I tell you 🎵
+ grill - A girl's gotta eat. Otherwise I get hangry... sooooo approach with caution lol

2023080210153300-02CB906EA538A35643C1E1484C4B947D.jpg
My bags are packed, and I’m ready for adventure. My outfit is a little on the formal side, but I promise you it’s super comfy. Besides, if we run into any aliens nothing beats a great first impression, and if things go south, I can blend into my surroundings. I’ve packed several items that are incredibly important to me during this trip.

🔭Telescope -I find this a must when traversing the wonders of space.

🧸A stuffed bear- To help ease my anxiety from being so far from home.

📷Digital SLR- I’m pretty sure we’re going to see some amazing wonders in space, and I want to capture every moment of the action!

💻Laptop- I’m going to want to edit and post all those amazing pictures, so this is an absolute must. It’s also great to play games with friends, keep up with current events back on earth, and chat with friends and loved ones.

🧳Suitcase- I’m sure we will find fascinating artifacts in space, so I got to store them somewhere, right?

IMG_20230803_154532.jpg

I put on my nicest NASA button-up shirt for this adventure. I've packed a few things for support on the trip.

- A cake obviously so there's a great mid day snack.
- A spot of tea to wash down the cake and I made sure it wasn't decaf
- My bunny rabbit friend, who is also my side kick.
- A back up rocket for emergency situations. You never know what can happen in outer space.
- A map of the Earth to compare to the view of Earth from space.

20230803_232031.jpg

Outfit:
I put on my fanciest beret, astro dress, and some fabulous boots, ready to look the part of an intrepid space explorer.

My personal kit:
The tent was a must. It would serve as my base camp, providing a cozy and familiar place to rest after a day of interstellar adventures. Inside the tent, I'd have a comfortable sleeping bag where I could recharge my energy and prepare for the next day's discoveries. I would also bring my Nintendo Switch Lite because, even in space, I can't resist playing some of my favorite games to relax and unwind during downtime. The telescope was another indispensable item, as it would allow me to observe distant planets, stars, and celestial wonders up close. Lastly, the picnic basket was a delightful addition. It held all the necessary supplies for enjoying a meal under the stars.

Personal Preference Kit.jpg

Outfit
Starfleet regulations are very strict in terms of what you're allowed to wear when on duty, as you can tell, I'm in the regulation Starfleet command uniform, plain black pants, and a pair of sensible work boots. I also have a pair of cyber shades on. These are not required but they do help me see things I normally wouldn't. It's a useful augment when on away missions. I also have a tool bag, because of course. Starfleet regulations typically don't allow for headgear, but that's a per-starship basis, and my Captain allows my rainbow feather.

My personal kit
Behind me is a very old lunar lander, recovered from inside a very large unknown machine being. We don't know where it came from, but it's still functionally and after a few repairs, serves perfectly fine as a way to navigate planets with hostile atmospheres. We call it "V'ger", the letters that are still written on it from times long past.

Then, there's my astronaut suit, which is useful for when I have to explore a planet with an unknown atmosphere, or perform repairs on the outside of the ship.

In front of that is a laptop. Very useful for when communications between the ship and the away team break down, which they very often do. And it has a pretty solid subspace-Internet connection. The download speed is about as good as it gets.

You can also see a new invention, a portable replicator. Styled after an old espresso machine, it has a very limited selection, primarily consisting of nutritive smoothies, perfect to avoid unnecessary power drainage beaming people to and from the ship. Fortunately, it does make the most important thing to me: Tea, Earl Grey, hot. A perfect drink when I need to solve a problem.

Finally, in front of that is a new style of phaser. It may look like a simple light stick, but it stuns and, yes, can kill, just as good as any other handheld phaser.

I'm reasonably certain the lunar lander would be "realistically portable" as said in the original post. Apologies if not, let me know if not and I'll change it!

~☆~☆~
2024080313114100-02CB906EA538A35643C1E1484C4B947D.jpg

Kobe isnt one for space travel, in fact he wouldnt even had come at all if it weren't for his friends- Hes got alot of anxiety of the thought of being space, and away from the isle. So he needed some help/convincing.
~☆~☆~
Kid Cat, lent Kobe his trusty Space ranger outfit. Couldn't wear the boots because of Kobe's leg. Its got issues. But his cast is sturdy. The suit is luckily comfortable and Kobe is happy to have a helmet. It was defently better than the head gear he orginally had. Kid Cat left out that it would protect him from aliens, because, he definitely wouldn't be up here if there was a chance of aliens.
~☆~☆~
Raymond refused to let Kobe go up there without some way of communication, and so lent him his own, designer laptop. He trusts Kobe not to loose it. It would be useful in more ways then one.
~☆~☆~
Kobe, prepared to deal with *delisious* astronaut food, he was surprised with Lopez giving him his favorite fruit cupcakes. A nice alternative in his words.
though Bruce made them and didnt wanna sound like a sap, so got Lopez to give them to him.

~☆~☆~
Sherb, gave Kobe his favorite pillow, so his snack buddy would be comfortable. Sherb was right, the pillow was incredibly soft. No wonder it was his favorite.
~☆~☆~
Sasha really REALLY wanted to go up with Kobe, he didnt want his friend to be lonely, so he gave Kobe his favorite plush toy, Mr Ruffy the puppy. He told Mr Ruffy to promise to keep an eye on Kobe, and protect him from mean aliens.
~☆~☆~
Everyone wanted to give him his picture, but there wasnt much room left. So Marshal gave the idea of giving Kobe a scrapbook to catalogue his journey, and remember his journy into space. Filling the first with a photo of them and Kobe before he was sent off.
~☆~☆~
Now taking his first picture on the ship, to show to everyone that he made it.
who defently arnt partying on the islsnd right now
hopping to fill it with fond memories from his trip

(sorry its kinda long, I hope its still ok. Im not good at small summaries)

Last edited:
Yeah... I'm pretty sure I can carry you onto the ship.​

5xSnMdj.jpg

Captain Mick has given me the day off, so I'm wearing my favourite Space Whale jumper and some fluffy socks, and I have a stuffed bear to keep me company! Bear is also wearing purple, in support of the ISC crew. 💜 I wanted to make my cabin feel like home, so I brought with me, a mini-terrarium with something green from Earth 💜, books for reading, and a tablet for drawing. I also brought a display board with lots of memories from home, including a picture of my Bilby Isle bestie Agnes. 🐷🥰

I hope they provide us with basic furniture in our cabin? 🤔

rnDjfCd.jpg

personal kit.jpg

As part of the Moon Bunnies' Observation and Preservation Group, I need an outfit and accompanying items that assist my observation, basic exploration, and recording of the planets, stars and wildlife we encounter on our journeys. For my outfit I have my bunny dress (uniform ofc), my jetpack for increased mobility, and a glowing head bobber that acts as a more natural headtorch, assisting both bookwork and fieldwork.

For my items I brought my telescope for planetary observations, a camera for more permanent recording, especially for fieldwork, a book for research, a place to draw and recreate my findings, and a lamp to help me see while I draw and read.

I hope my observations and research is of benefit to my Quarters and the ships residence as a whole!

Back