• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Mafia Miraculous Ladybug Cultists [Congrats Cult!]

pretty sure I claimed on my own terms but ok heyden. ?\_(ツ)_/? just BC I have no scum mets doesn't mean I'm a meat puppet.

- - - Post Merge - - -

meta*

just for the record I'm town locking Hayden bc tae went after him with the whole sk thing. was kinda hoping tae would name a few others after but nope stopped at me. ): prob realized he was helping us by not naming his cultists.

anyways we lynch panda tmrw yes?
or mogs

- - - Post Merge - - -

actually you know what, i know people have made assumptions and all before but i wouldnt be surprised if tom/endless was part of the cult team. like who else would've came up with the wild idea to claim literally get yourself killed so that you could protect the cult leader from being blocked, like only an experienced player would suggest to go that far out, idk just thinking aloud

- - - Post Merge - - -

*to claim cop and literally

- - - Post Merge - - -

actually i shouldve elaborated more but w/e im tired

I think endless got culted and possibly tom too which would explain why endless stopped tunneling on him.

Okay, I had a good nights sleep and I'm ready to get this done right. Let's get started.

The rest of the scum team is in this list:
Tom
Chrystina
taesaek
Heyden
PandaDarling
Endless
Fleshy
Seroja

No sane town member shuts down discussion three hours into day and I'm legit disappointed in the town in this list for wasting an entire day. The rest of them are scum, why else would they want day to end so early? We could've easily just ignored Toad and kept a days discussion going but nope. In fact, many of these people said let's do that and continue on in the discussion, but continued to comment on the two bickering.

As for responding to quotes:
PandaDarling said:
@Curry I didn't assume vig... I said vig/SK and then I stated I'm not sure who (what role) is killing people.
Sure, but you sounded like you didn't wanna make too many assumptions. Here's the quote I'm referencing:
PandaDarling said:
Gj vig/SK I still dunno who's killin people around hurr... Toad would Tom even know he was blocked if he doesn't have a PR ?
This just sounds like you think it was Vig or whatever (maybe bad wording on my part) and don't wanna sound like you know for reasons to not look scummy. People have been called out for wording on TBT mafia many times here, and that's my main concern with this post.
Chrystina said:
curry, i already answered why i thought it was vig. with menchie flipping third party, i thought there wouldn't be another 3rd party. but after endless's explanation on it, i'm not ruling out there could be an sk.
I'm aware you answered it, that's why I said I already mentioned it but would like to reiterate on it. It's that you were not the only person to immediately go to Vig, and it took someone else's explanation for you to even consider it SK by your own words. Why wouldn't the game be allowed to have more than one third party? I know TBT and Azuri are much different mafia sites, but they usually have 3 each game there. You even said you read up on those games yourself, you would've had to have seen "Evil/Benign Neutral" listed three times and have known it's a possibility.
taesaek said:
curry is so hung up on this vig **** i feel like he knows something we dont at this point.
Yeah, three posts or whatever on it is so hung up on it, okay scum lol. Would you rather have had me feed you and Toads fuel? No thank you, I chose to talk about something different. But nope, you ****ers ended day in three hours and before everyone could even report night results.

PandaDarling said:
Oh ya ! Also we never found out who was bussed (driven) cause Tae said he wasn't.
Hmm, I wonder why we didn't get to find out? Maybe because the majority of players in this game decided to end day in three hours. Something YOU helped contribute to. So don't act surprised we didn't when you helped skip day.

Tom said:
Shoot Tae, lynch Seroja. GG EZ
I know you said you were "joking" with this post, but I'd like to bring it up since you're saying still to shoot tae. Why do you have Seroja as a town read if you thought if Toads flipped blue we should lynch her? What are your reasons for town reading Seroja?
Tom said:
No but I do believe I'm correct about at least three of those names. I mean if I was cult, those would all be mostly safe bets. Recruit two talkers, recruit two mostly partners
Why do you believe those names in red on your reads to be safe bets for cult? I'd argue everyone on that list has been a talker in this game besides Fleshy...and maybe Heyden. Why do you think cult would go for "two talkers, two partners?"

Endless said:
Forgive me for answering your question, with a question, but which of these two would it make more sense for a police force to raid: someone who everyone thinks did the crime, or someone no one thinks did the crime? There you have your answer.
AKA learning anything about a sus player is useful, the only useful thing you can learn about a townread player is that they're guilty. And the likelihood of that is obviously low. It's just never ever a good idea for a cop to check their townreads.
You're missing the point. You're saying without a doubt that can't be a possibility when it very well could be. Hey tae, remember Xeno? I don't think Ares went with the town feeling to shoot the hard claimed Cop. :lemon: It's perfectly legitimate to expect a Vig to go on their own readings so I don't see why you're so hesitant to see that when you're "the resident mafia grandpa."
As an example, I'll use me as the Cop in Trump. Should I have just gone with popular opinion on the scummy people? Cause I did not do that AT ALL in Trump. If I went with town opinion in Trump I would've checked Aron, probably Ness or Crys, and Mother of All Llamas respectively for the nights. Instead I chose Panda, taesaek, and Ayaya. Ayaya being the only one of which it the time I'd say was "scum read" and that's stretching it by the widely popular town. And guess what it did when I used my own reads? It got me to catch Panda and make sure I wasn't insane too. So this idea of a PR not going with their own opinions is a horrible idea and you should know that. If you're not imply this, then I am severely misunderstanding you.
Endless said:
-snip-
Here are the fundamental reasons that vig shouldn't follow their own reads: mafia/cult can more easily figure out who they are by their reads, and eliminate the threat.
It's egotistical to assume that you as an individual have better reads than town as a collective.

Here are the contextual reasons that vig shouldn't follow their own reads that night:
Leaving both toad and tae alive stifled discussion for the day.
A shot at night is a point blank thing, you don't gain any tells or leave someone a chance to claim/don't give their team mates a chance to defend them in the instance that they're cult.
It just gives us so much less information to work with.

Now, you can argue that vig was just oblivious to this entire list of reasons, and that's a fair argument I'd overlooked.
But it stands to reason that vigilante, if it is in fact vigilante not serial killer, should have shot toad last night. Given the information, that was the best play.
I'm even going to go as far as to say that the Iwas kill hasn't helped us all that much - definitely not half enough to justify shooting in such a outlier manner, anyway. A town hit there would've straight up lost us the game.

Of course, this is just my opinion, I could easily be wrong.
It may be egotistical, but it's also trusting your own judgment. Mafia is a game of information and the Vig is in the uninformed minority. Therefore, sure they can take all of towns popular opinion into account when meshing them with their own reads, but saying that they should just go on towns wishes when mafia is also influencing town opinion is just dumb. You're basically saying, "trust everyone who you can't confirm as town, over your own self judgment who you know is town." which doesn't make sense.

PandaDarling said:
Will do Seroja, I know it's been awhile, didn't think they'd be that helpful amongst all the Toad x Tae drama, but I'll get them posted asap.
So what're you saying is, you'd rather not have posted reads, which is good content and not clogging the thread with emotional and unnecessary bs because of Toad and tae? People kept saying they wanted off the track of clogging the thread clogged with tae and Toads bs but continued to comment on it and not post content of their own.

PandaDarling said:
@Tae wanna give us a little color coded reads please ?
Tfw the post before you said you didn't wanna post reads cause of drama, said you would do it and then asked someone else for reads before posting your own.

taesaek said:
or maybe toad didn't actualy RB me and he bluffed to see if i'd spook?
i didn't get a Rb notification, maybe he Rb'd someone who didn't actually report back into the thread.
If only we had had time for everyone to post to find out, right? :3

taesaek said:
while I'm still here who do you think SK is~
I'm thinking curry since he's so obsessed with the vig talk.
Okay scum, start giving me reasons why I'm the SK. :)

Endless said:
Hey Tae you've already rekt us, can you be quiet pretty please?
Tfw you said you wouldn't entertain tae with a reply, and then reply to tae.

Seroja said:
what do you mean by this?

--

btw it's possible that mog had been culted.
What's your reasoning for thinking mog had been culted? That's kind of out of the blue.

Heyden said:
possibly?? she was lurking before, a couple of hours ago, and yet still has to comment on the toad lynch
Sounds like you're questioning her and then validating her? I'm confused by what you're saying here.

Now to respond to Seroja and Amanda.

Amanda1983 said:
- could you point out which of my posts you consider "filler" please (aside from post # 766 but that makes sense in context I think - the timing of everything with PandaDarling's green question, Athena Cykes posting, and then Arstotzkan (mod) replying to Panda's question.. I just could not help laughing, it was too perfectly ridiculous), and expand on why you consider them to be so?

- you mention I might have been Cult originally, and I think this is the first time this has been suggested - is there any reason to think I might have been Cult all along aside from just I'm a "good player" and have no meta??

... it does seem strange to me that you definitely know what's going on and really the most you've done is reads.
- finally, could you please elaborate on this? I don't want compliments or nice words (although they're nice), I'm just struggling to work out how I could look like I know what's going on when I just.. don't. I've been trying to contribute where and as I can, but this is an incredibly steep learning curve I'm working on here and I think I'm doing okay just for not having given up by now, frankly. I'm sure things will get easier at some point but for right now I'm confused and trying to soak up as much information as possible so I can work through things. In the interim, I'd like to try and make sure I'm not inadvertently coming across in a way that isn't true.
Here are the posts I'd consider "filler." See the second half of post #681, the first half of post #467, and a couple near the start of the game. It's more of filler portions than actual posts. This is more of a misjudgment on my part when rereading your posts.

It's not so much just meta that I could think you could be cult originally, but it's also that in all honesty your playstyle in this game hasn't changed much at all since the beginning. This does go hand in hand with meta somewhat, but you're showing consistency in your playing and it makes me think you haven't switched faction this game. Eleanor was a cultist as a new player and it's very possible you could be too. If not the cult leader, if the cult started with a leader and one cultist to begin with, I could imagine you could be that cultist. After the **** show that has been this past day and night cycle I'm not so much setting my sights on this idea still, but it's always a possibility.

I'm not asking you to be town leader or anything, and to be honest you've done a good job with your reads and questions with how new you are. When I say "you know what's going on" I moreso mean that you know what you're doing. You may not know the game to it's fullest amount, but you're obviously a smart player and would be able to strategize if needed on the cult team. To be honest though, after this **** show of a day, I have people way higher on my sus list than you, and not all of you can be pegged scum. In other words, you're a smart player obviously who has no past history and can be seen as very consistent. Which can be very good and is very good, but it can also mean you're excellent at being scum.

Seroja said:
I'm sorry Curry ;A; Anyway, I went back to read all of my posts cos I felt guilty (for contributing to the ****fest) and um, not once did I say "Yeah he's def scum, lynch him." ? I said let's lynch him and see what he flips as? Because at that point of time he was so ready to get lynched and prove us wrong? I think you read the thread while seeing red so you didn't read my posts properly but it was pretty clear in every single post that I didn't believe he was cult. Wishy-washy? Not. Confused as hell? Yes. You exaggerated a lot about my posts but I'm gonna let it slide~~~~

About the vig thing, I logged on from my mobile in my car otw to work, saw the N2 post, saw ppl posting vig and I was like wow who's the vig? There you go. It was pretty simple sorry to disappoint.

Also I think your anger and saltiness is justified. A wasted day. I can't ****ing believe it.
"Yeah he's def scum, lynch him." was more of me paraphrasing (albeit poorly which I apologize for). In other words I was saying that you were perfectly okay with the Toads lynch in some posts but in later posts you would still defend him as if he was town and not want him lynched. What doesn't make sense to me about this is when you see the lynch being reasonable for the evidence, why continue to defend him as town and (what it seemed like to me) be hesitant to go through with it? Again, poor wording on my part.

Vig thing is fair for now, though it still is an eyebrow raiser for me that all four of you gave me the same kinds of vibes.

To respond to your town reads right after day post, it was:
Seroja said:
Wow who's the vig? Seriously, good job!

I have work today so I won't be here much but I will post a lot still. Right now I'm comfortable with town leaning tae, Chrys, Amanda, Fleshy and Endless (and Toads but this is going nowhere). I'll reread N2 posts again later. Let's do our best today!
Have these changed since night start? If these were updated already then I apologize, I just didn't see them.

- - - Post Merge - - -

When responding to Endless, it should say "Vig is in the uninformed majority* not minority.

curry holy **** drop the whole vig thing. is that all you have on me? I didn't think there'd be more than one 3rd party player because I haven't seen a game ever when there's been more than 1 besides BoI in which third party was basically a 2nd Mafia team. literally I've posted this before already and it's just clogging the thread if people can't go back and ISO my posts and pick at things that already have an explanation.

like damn I appreciate you trying but no I'm town. and I think you are too. but you're also focusing on the set people that voted toads early and I went afk when he was lynched. I legit thought it was plurality then when I came back, saw toads lynched, saw kat's explanation as for why, and let it be.

curry holy **** drop the whole vig thing. is that all you have on me? I didn't think there'd be more than one 3rd party player because I haven't seen a game ever when there's been more than 1 besides BoI in which third party was basically a 2nd Mafia team. literally I've posted this before already and it's just clogging the thread if people can't go back and ISO my posts and pick at things that already have an explanation.

like damn I appreciate you trying but no I'm town. and I think you are too. but you're also focusing on the set people that voted toads early and I went afk when he was lynched. I legit thought it was plurality then when I came back, saw toads lynched, saw kat's explanation as for why, and let it be.
You're in the list because those are the people who voted for Toads so early into the day. I'm not even trying to make a case on you Chrys, if I wanted to make a case on you I'd make a post dedicated to it like I did in AoT. These are all things I'm noticing, and minute details are what help catch people. So forgive me for bringing up something that was brought up already, but just because it was mentioned one time doesn't mean I can't go over it again.

Why did you feel the need to vote that early into day anyway? And no I'm not focusing on people who voted early lol. That is literally the entirety of the Toads vote list, plus Seroja. Nowhere in there is it based on time. Those are the people (aside from Seroja) that made day end early, so yes, I pointed all of them out.

- - - Post Merge - - -

EBWOP: So early into the day, should be "make day end so early." whether it be intentional, or not.

actually you know what, i know people have made assumptions and all before but i wouldnt be surprised if tom/endless was part of the cult team. like who else would've came up with the wild idea to claim literally get yourself killed so that you could protect the cult leader from being blocked, like only an experienced player would suggest to go that far out, idk just thinking aloud

*to claim cop and literally

actually i shouldve elaborated more but w/e im tired
I guess I should feel honored that you think I would recruit someone for the sole purpose of being a meat shield? That's kind of a dick move though. "Hi welcome to the cult, GO STAB YOURSELF ON THIS SWORD FOR ME"

@Curry: No intent to lynch Seroja because honestly I'm not that dumb to think Tae fake inspected merely to bus someone. Rereading her posts have left me with a distinctly town taste, so I'm feeling pretty confident that she hasn't been culted.

As for the my list, I'm pretty confident at this point that Panda started out cult given her activity this game. Endless is a risky, but smart bet to cult. Hayden tends to go unnoticed quite often, so cult would be smart to recruit a active inactive. Fleshy has rubbed me wrong the entire game, I feel like there's been less helpful posts from them than usual overall.

@Curry: For cop, I didn't suggest he shouldn't follow his reads. I suggested he shouldn't have checked his townreads. Checking a scumread gives information either way. Checking a null read gives information either way. Checking your townread is basically you admitting you aren't even marginally confident in your reads.

Of course, he didn't check Seroja because he was supposedly hoping she'd come up cult - the story was that his check on Seroja was "to recheck his sanity", which is very obviously a waste.
How much you missed of this is frustrating, considering how extremely clearly I laid it out for you.

For vig, as you managed to skip over quoting, I admitted that you brought up a valid point that vig was either named curry or/and didn't understand how super important for town it was to shoot toads.

Like. You still don't get it. You really don't.
And I'm not sure you ever will.

It's the same reason not a single person on the list that voted toads should be viewed as even remotely sus.

You say we "wasted an entire 44 hours we could've been scumhunting and gathering information".
We're you even reading the thread?

That wouldn't have been a productive, useful 44 hours. That would've been 44 hours of toad testing the life decisions of everyone in the game. In which the post count in the thread doubled or tripled. It would've been an endless back and fourth between toad and there's no way in hell we'd be off in a better position if that lynch hadn't gone through right when it did.
We weren't ever not lynching toad, you knew that.
We weren't ever going to be productive with him alive, you know that too.

Honestly at this point I doubt the legitimacy or either you or Seroja being mad at the day speed.

No one could possibly be mad we have a clean thread (bar tae) that we can actually use to rationally discuss things.

- - - Post Merge - - -

EBWOP: funny note:

Tom
Chrystina
taesaek
Heyden
PandaDarling
Endless
Fleshy
Seroja

This (Curry's list of people-that-include-mafia-for-quickvoting-toads) is also a representative list for every single person not named curry active since the day started that noticed the lynch. (As to exclude Amanda)

Let that sink in a little.

can i bring that curry rode my ass a few times about me playing overwatch a lot and like 80% of posts he's made include a "i'll get to this after wow."or "i'll look into this after overwatch" :^)

- - - Post Merge - - -

whats the truth, whats not, who knows not me. i mean most oh ya sheeped the **** out of me when toad was like 99% on his town meta beggin ya'll to listen.

someone prod duck pls
Duck's been prodded. If they don't post before day start (roughly 30 min from now), they'll be modkilled due to failing the inactivity policy.

Also, for clarification: Day starts in roughly 30 minutes from now. The time wasn't shifted back from Toads' lynch.

I didn't want to lynch Toad yesterday, as I've said throughout this game (except maybe my last few posts) I was on the fence about him, I wasn't 100% sold on him being cult, however, he literally asked me to vote him, definitely not a smart move though, I agree, it was late and I didn't think through it rationally, I just seen him asking to be lynched so I followed. In my opinion, I'm pretty easy to sway, I'm never bold enough with my own reads, as for clues on cult, I personally am looking at people who were quick to vote Toads and sure about it, also people who were trying to persuade others to vote him as well as people who are using this as a heavy factor in their reads. I mean, it's pretty easy for smarter, more experienced players who may also be cult, to avoid this whole debacle yesterday, then use the events to 'frame' others, namely the less experienced players. But it's clear after the whole Toad/Tae thing that things aren't simple or black and white in this game, we definitely need to think harder about things.

Anyway, I have a lot to catch up on, I'm hoping that I'll get it all read tonight and process everything to make some reads and contributions in the morning.

---
EBWOP: funny note:

Tom
Chrystina
taesaek
Heyden
PandaDarling
Endless
Fleshy
Seroja

This (Curry's list of people-that-include-mafia-for-quickvoting-toads) is also a representative list for every single person not named curry active since the day started that noticed the lynch. (As to exclude Amanda)

Let that sink in a little.

What does this mean? "not named curry active"? I've not read over everything yet so I'm not sure if I'm missing something, but I don't follow

Here are the posts I'd consider "filler." See the second half of post #681, the first half of post #467, and a couple near the start of the game. It's more of filler portions than actual posts. This is more of a misjudgment on my part when rereading your posts.

It's not so much just meta that I could think you could be cult originally, but it's also that in all honesty your playstyle in this game hasn't changed much at all since the beginning. This does go hand in hand with meta somewhat, but you're showing consistency in your playing and it makes me think you haven't switched faction this game. Eleanor was a cultist as a new player and it's very possible you could be too. If not the cult leader, if the cult started with a leader and one cultist to begin with, I could imagine you could be that cultist. After the **** show that has been this past day and night cycle I'm not so much setting my sights on this idea still, but it's always a possibility.

I'm not asking you to be town leader or anything, and to be honest you've done a good job with your reads and questions with how new you are. When I say "you know what's going on" I moreso mean that you know what you're doing. You may not know the game to it's fullest amount, but you're obviously a smart player and would be able to strategize if needed on the cult team. To be honest though, after this **** show of a day, I have people way higher on my sus list than you, and not all of you can be pegged scum. In other words, you're a smart player obviously who has no past history and can be seen as very consistent. Which can be very good and is very good, but it can also mean you're excellent at being scum.

Ah I see what you mean now, thank you for explaining so clearly for me. I understand the "filler" content and will work on that. I was trying to explain what I was doing (off-thread but relevant to the game) in line with what I saw other people doing, but will try to steer clear of that from now on.

I'll get back to compiling my updated reads with that information in mind, thank you again.

:)

^^^^^^^^^

I think it's too late anyways rip. if killing role targeted town and duck is mk'd pretty sure that's game.
I blame the mod kills tbh.
yeah, doesnt look like shes gonna get on any time soon, hopefully s(curry)k got tae tho

0bNOwXn.png

83e.jpg
The various citizens simply flipped the channel when someone else turned up dead. It was a common occurrence now - old news.

The first one of the day had been a local highschool student. He was in the middle of a street-fighter esque game when a bullet went through his temple. Apparently he was too engrossed in his game to notice his killer standing right next to him.

The other one was of the Mayor's daughter. The authorities aren't entirely sure, but considering the ballistic markings of the gun her corpse held matched the bullet inside her brain, they're pretty sure the death was a suicide. Only those close to her knew the reason - she was hung up on Ladybug, and her disappearance had driven her into isolation and her eventual death.

Heyden has died. He was a Townie. Additionally, due to Duck breaking the inactivity policy, Duck has been modkilled. They were a Busdriver.
xpfeFgV.png
oGiYIyH.png

Day 4 has started. Day ends at 8PM EST on September 15th (47 hours). Whoever has reached the most votes will be lynched (taken out from the game). Voting will be done in [this] thread.

Those of you who did not not yesterday, you must vote today, or you will be modkilled.

1) Endless (AKA Abe)
2) Mogyay (AKA Mog)
3) Tom
4) Chrystina (AKA Chrys, Alexi)
5) Curry (AKA ClamEatsCurry)
6) PandaDarling (AKA Panda)
7) taesaek (AKA Tae)
8) Fleshy
9) Seroja
10) amanda1983
Damniel - 2 shot Granny. Lynched on Day 1.
entropy - Townie Killed on Night 1.
Athena Cykes - Townie Lynched on Day 2
cpu - Townie Modkilled on Day 2
Tasuot - Townie Modkilled on Day 2
Menchie - Lyncher Lynched on Day 2
Iwaseleanor - Cultist Killed on Night 2
Toadsworthy - Roleblocker Lynched on Day 3
Wisemimir - Unaware Miller Modkilled on Day 3
Heyden - Townie Killed on Night 3
Duck - Busdriver Modkilled on Night 3

Last edited:
Back