• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

The Anime Thread

Update! I'm currently on episode 25 of Pokemon Master Journeys, so making good headway there.

I still want to watch,

Haikyuu S4
Samurai Champloo
RWBY volume 9

It's looking less likely that I'll finish all of these before May, but we'll see. Journeys is definitely top priority for me considering Horizons is already running and the longer I wait the further I'll be behind on that series. If I had to scrap one of these, it'd definitely be RWBY volume 9, given how questionable the quality is. But we'll see what happens!

ALSO, as of this post the anime thread has reached 200 PAGES!!! 🥳 🥳 🥳

A HUGE thank you to everyone who has contributed thus far, and let's keep it going!! 💚

i finally got around to watching the apothecary diaries and i've really liking it so far! i've read the manga first and i like the direction the anime is going with it :>
they do a few things differently, but nothing that ruined the flow of the storytelling so nothing bad to say :0)

Would the first episode of MHA or Demon Slayer grab me more?

Are you referring to the very first episode of each series or like, the newest seasons coming out in May?

Putting aside any bias, MHA's first episode was a loooot more well done than Demon Slayer's. However, for the newest seasons you'd probably enjoy Demon Slayer's newest episode more, just from what I've seen from the trailers and the fact that this next arc is pretty big for Demon Slayer.

Hope this helps!

I started to rewatch Haikyuu!! I'm about halfway through the first season so far. I'm still waiting for the second season of Blue Lock.

Are you referring to the very first episode of each series or like, the newest seasons coming out in May?

Putting aside any bias, MHA's first episode was a loooot more well done than Demon Slayer's. However, for the newest seasons you'd probably enjoy Demon Slayer's newest episode more, just from what I've seen from the trailers and the fact that this next arc is pretty big for Demon Slayer.

Hope this helps!
You're not going to like this.
I like main characters with a little more potential than what Deku started with.

I like main characters with a little more potential than what Deku started with.

Nah, that's fair and I totally get that. Deku literally had no potential whatsoever when he started, and so a lot of the series has been about him building that after he received OFA. That's one of the ways he's different from other MCs, and it either interests people or it doesn't.

I'd definitely go for Demon Slayer in that case, because Tanjiro is different in that way. If you are picking between the two, that is.

A video just showed up in my youtube feed titled "The Catastrophic Failure of Netflix's Worst Anime | The Seven Deadly Sins, a Complete Retrospective." The video is over two hours long. Of course I'm not going to watch it.

I sense some hyperbole. Is it that bad?

I've never watched much anime in my life, but "A Silent Voice" was a really strong film that has stuck with me for a while after viewing. I'm glad I decided to check this out. I don't know if it'll serve as a gateway into other anime, but it was worth the rental price. A true emotional coaster of a movie.

A video just showed up in my youtube feed titled "The Catastrophic Failure of Netflix's Worst Anime | The Seven Deadly Sins, a Complete Retrospective." The video is over two hours long. Of course I'm not going to watch it.

I sense some hyperbole. Is it that bad?
I watched it and didn't think it was that bad. In fact, I really liked the first season or two. Then it did start to go downhill as so many anime do. One season (4 I think?) was really terrible because of the distracting way they censored the blood and gore. I went ahead and finished the series because, at that point, why not? Overall, my impression was "meh".

Arguably isn't the whole point of Midoriya's character that All Might helps him BECAUSE he has potential but no quirk.
Post automatically merged:

I just caught up on Delicious in Dungeon. Binge watched it all in a day. It was so good, can't wait for the next episode. I am a sucker for anything Emily Rudd is in

Arguably isn't the whole point of Midoriya's character that All Might helps him BECAUSE he has potential but no quirk.

Yeah, this is a much better way of putting it and something I've thought a lot about while watching the show. Although he didn't start with a quirk, he has a keen eye for planning and strategy, and this is showcased throughout the series by his analysis on other heroes and villains and how he strategizes to win battles. If there's any role from Fire Emblem he would be, he would definitely fit the role of Tactician. Especially since they're usually not the strongest, but they have the most potential to become anything.

Mono is getting an anime series!!

Clicky

It's a manga series done by the same creator that did Yuru Camp! The manga for this seems to be hard to find so I look forward to watching the anime adaptation! Maybe if it does well, the manga will get officially translated to English cause I'd love to own the volumes. The Yuru Camp volumes are beautiful in person so I imagine Mono's to be beautiful as well!

Just started the Chimera Ant Arc of HunterxHunter today! I can’t wait to see more, the concept is super interesting!

When I first watched this part of HunterxHunter I commented that this arc feels like it’s literally a different anime LOL

Buuuut it’s by far my favorite arc. Enjoy 😈

Would the first episode of MHA or Demon Slayer grab me more?

I preferred Demon Slayer’s first episode by a mile. But I’m kinda biased because I don’t enjoy “super hero” stories that much (MHA did eventually grab me though. The person who showed it to me actually suggested skipping the entire first season to get to the good stuff, but I would never do such a thing 🤣)

Back