• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Brewster's Banter - General Discussion

The sound of a thunderstorm is my absolute favourite. The crackling of a fire, strong wind, birds chirping, streams and lakes, ocean waves, a cats' purring, and soft computer bleeps are also sounds I really enjoy hearing.

rain is def a good sound. running water in general, like rivers/waterfalls/etc etc. i'm an ASMR fan tho and i love the sound of like... petting? like you know how someone pets your hair and you can hear it? that

I agree with the post above this. I really like water related sounds like the ocean, waves, etc., and I like fire sounds, and also the sound of stepping on snow (not really the act of doing it because it feels wrong to perfect layers of snow).

I also like a lot of instruments, but my favorite ones are marimba and piano.

I'm guessing we are talking about noises that relax us? I would say that the sound of a train rumbling as it passes by, rain (heavy or light), the fan running, ocean sounds, wind. Anyting that is low frequency is relaxing to me and helps me sleep.

My favorite sounds:
  • Rain. Rain falling and cars driving down the street in the rain.
  • The air conditioner outside my window. Whenever that thing comes on, summer has arrived, and as a kid it meant that we were in the home stretch of the school year!
  • Lawnmowers! Another sign of warm weather. They were hard to miss as a kid who loved playing outside!
  • Mourning doves. Their soft and gentle coos remind me of childhood, and how my mom told me about them when I was obsessed with birds.
  • The bassoon. It sounds so warm!
  • The clarinet! It sounds like a little animal frolicking in the forest ^^
  • I also like horns in some songs. I’m terrible at telling instruments apart though.
  • Certain types of windchimes. The kind I’d hear sitting on my porch on a warm June day when I was 5.

Oo lawnmowers are a good one. It is a relaxing afternoon sound for me.

Actually, my spouse just bought an electric one that is really light weight so it doesn't disturb my bleeding issue. And you just press a button to use it instead of dealing with a string. He found a deal on it I guess since it's after season and it allows me to take care of the fenced in section of the yard and he doesn't have to worry about it now. We just did a test run on it a few days ago when it was pretty warm out. Mulched up the fallen leaves really well but it can also collect stuff it cuts up in this plastic scoop thing and I can just dump it in my flower bed or where ever.

Odd question but do some stretching poses make you feel more vulnerable?

I’ve started stretching every day in the mornings, but I always feel on guard whenever I bend over and try to touch my toes. I always stretch in my room with the door closed, so I know that I’m perfectly safe. But the feeling doesn’t go away.

Odd question but do some stretching poses make you feel more vulnerable?

I’ve started stretching every day in the mornings, but I always feel on guard whenever I bend over and try to touch my toes. I always stretch in my room with the door closed, so I know that I’m perfectly safe. But the feeling doesn’t go away.
Not really but I wanted to say I thought the character in your avatar was stretching this whole time then i just zoomed in and realized they aren’t XD

Certain engine noises accelerating pleases me, such as when I drive my bus. It may be loud, but it feels satisfactory to hear the RPM’s go up.

I can't sleep without white-noise, the sound of a fridge running is the best. I've always assumed it's because it stops you thinking.

Which do you guys think are better, fruits or vegetables? Honestly, I prefer fruits. I like a lot more fruits than I do vegetables.

I can't sleep without white-noise, the sound of a fridge running is the best. I've always assumed it's because it stops you thinking.
I can hear the dehumidifier in our bathroom run at night. It is oddly peaceful. 🤔

Which do you guys think are better, fruits or vegetables? Honestly, I prefer fruits. I like a lot more fruits than I do vegetables.
Vegetables. I'm very much a fan of (a) savoury meals and (b) cooking from scratch. I made a meal this evening with nine different vegetables in and for one brief irrational second worried it wasn't enough. Then remembered I also made salad for lunch. Might have been overkill, but both meals were delicious!

Vegetables are definitely my favorite. Fruits are okay, but I don't prefer them.

I only just thought of this, so to revise my answer, I still like fruits more, but I also like vegetables when they’re with something else. Fruits on their own are better than vegetables on their own, but vegetables are still good inside something or as a side, especially when seasoned.

I love fruit, but I'd have to go with vegetables, since they form the basis for almost all of my meals! I love having fruit as a side, snack, or dessert, but most of the time I do prefer savory things over sweet. And the vegetable side has my beloved pickles.

I prefer fruits. My favorites are oranges and bananas in that order. Oranges are juicier and I prefer that over bananas, but both are great!

By themselves, fruits. But honestly there are a lot of veggies I really like. They are just better mixed together though. Or with something. Most people aren't about to just take a bite out of an onion for example. And though bell peppers are great on their own, they are best in a sandwich or fajita. And cooked veggies win over raw impo.

Black cherries are really good and probably my favorite fruit just as they are. Melon probably comes in second.

Hey @jadetine , I heard you have a whole TED talk on Isekai Manhwa. Can you please enlighten me on this topic?
THIS is my moment to shine.

Welcome to my TED talk. I present to you, my niche topic of Isekai Manhwa, which I will narrow down to the shoujo/josei category, and in the webtoon (mobile-viewing format) to scope down the target audience.

Some key terms to get us started:
  • Manhwa = Korean comics
  • Webtoon = a digital comic designed in format to be read on smartphones-- this means less left-to-right panels and more vertical scrolling
  • Isekai = a fantasy story genre that involves a character or characters who are transported from their normal everyday life into a different life. There are multiple ways this can manifest as well: waking up as a character in a story they read, dying and reincarnating as a character, dying and reincarnating as themselves to relive their life and get revenge/justice, etc.
  • Otome = targeted at a female audience, this genre involves a character with multiple romantic interests

Some topics I would like to cover:
  • Common abbreviations and slang
    • FL
    • ML
    • 2ML
    • White Lotus
    • Honey Trap
    • Mary Sue
  • The current golden age and value of the webtoon format
  • Common tropes
  • My favorite reads

Back