• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Brewster's Banter - General Discussion

i have made a mistake i now see it was one person asking literally everyone the same question. yikes scoob

Mog! Fancy seeing you here!

Hi everyone, hope you are all good 💜

I realized I've posted in every non sticky thread on the front page, besides the sports thread. In which I can't think of anything to say.

edit: wait that's not true, I skipped a couple. this post is objectively false.

sometimes I wonder why we exist. Are we all just one big cosmic joke creation? Or were we created to serve a purpose?
nah it's just because this idiot decided to get out of the water

tiktaalik_wide-25994fe9cc4e529393bec4581394a7a47dbbef02-s1100-c50.jpg

if it weren't for this dude we wouldn't have to worry about things like late stage capitalism and landlords

sometimes I wonder why we exist. Are we all just one big cosmic joke creation? Or were we created to serve a purpose?
i think about this a lot, too. there's a scientific answer thats simply just evolution. there's also a religious/spiritual answer that is creation. lots of things, but asking on a broader scale of just "why," i think that's something only you can answer. in my opinion, i think we're here for something. it could be something bigger than us, it could be something smaller. some people think they were created to love, others think they're created to help, created to create. etc.

philosophers have been asking that for decades. descartes, sartre, aurelius etc. existentialism has been around for a long time, maybe even longer than we've been recording it. to me, though, i follow the teachings of a brilliant philosopher that believes life, and our creation as a whole, is merely purposeful based on our own perception of what we desire and what we want to make of ourselves. she calls for a lot of active engagement in our society and our world as a whole through things like art, which could tie back to the thought of "we're created to create," but it could mean much more than that, too.

you can listen to her teachings here:

i think about this a lot, too. there's a scientific answer thats simply just evolution. there's also a religious/spiritual answer that is creation. lots of things, but asking on a broader scale of just "why," i think that's something only you can answer. in my opinion, i think we're here for something. it could be something bigger than us, it could be something smaller. some people think they were created to love, others think they're created to help, created to create. etc.

philosophers have been asking that for decades. descartes, sartre, aurelius etc. existentialism has been around for a long time, maybe even longer than we've been recording it. to me, though, i follow the teachings of a brilliant philosopher that believes life, and our creation as a whole, is merely purposeful based on our own perception of what we desire and what we want to make of ourselves. she calls for a lot of active engagement in our society and our world as a whole through things like art, which could tie back to the thought of "we're created to create," but it could mean much more than that, too.

you can listen to her teachings here:

The way I fell out of my chair laughing at this. :ROFLMAO:

LOL I ain’t been here for tiiiiiiiiiiime and this just niiiiiiiiiiiine pages long what are you all doing where’s all the chatz and bantz at?

There was really loud thunder and I thought it was coming from a scene in the movie I was watching. (I had headphones on).

then I saw a bright flash outside.

how to tell if you have watched too much anime: your brain decides to make an entire fan season, OCs, potential merch ideas, ideas to write a movie script, and more. Sometimes a hyperactive imagination is bad...

So what’s the hardest math class you have ever taken? For me, it would be Introduction to Analysis. But Statistical Inference has stumped me and became the only class I got a D in when graduating.

So what’s the hardest math class you have ever taken? For me, it would be Introduction to Analysis. But Statistical Inference has stumped me and became the only class I got a D in when graduating.
Hmm…I’m gonna say my college gen ed math course because on top of some of the units being extremely hard I had to do it remotely.

Mathematics for Science in college. One of the exams required a 100% pass mark. I ended up going to my Dad and asking him to tutor me. He also works in STEM and understood the majority of the content I was being taught.

Unrelated to what's being discussed here, but I was singing Traitor's Requiem from JoJo's Bizarre Adventures as I walked downstairs to get a mug for my coffee, and one of my family members was RIGHT THERE. It was embarrassing, but also funny. I guess anime really does live in my head rent-free at this point. 🤪

I've been listening to Taylor Swift's new albums on and off for the last 24 hours, I've really been enjoying the songs. I have quite a few songs that I would say are my favorites from the album, and am pleased with not listening to the people who listened to the leaks beforehand that said the album was mediocre. I do think the album isn't for everyone and that's okay. The new music video with Post Malone was really good too, granted Taylor has always had amazing music videos.

I'm also really craving McDonalds but I am not sure if I am going to be eating that for dinner. I think I will but I am afraid to UberEats or Door Dash it because last time I ordered from here I did not recieve two items... and UberEats and any type of food delivery place is so much more expensive here in California so I was so mad! Luckily I got a refund on the stuff I did not recieve but I was so bummed.

So I just contacted Nintendo on when they’ll release certain popular first-party titles on Nintendo Switch Online. They do not have the information, at least the customer support team doesn’t. It’s Nintendo’s fault for not having Donkey Kong 64 at launch on the N64 app. If they don’t add DK64 by the time they finish adding new titles to the N64 app, then I am done with Nintendo. They could release a new Animal Crossing game in the future that’s better than New Horizons and added all missing features from ACNL, but I’m not going to play it because of their poor handling of retro games on Nintendo Switch Online.

Back