• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

The Anime Thread

Still need to watch season four of Haikyuu. I've been in an anime lull lately and more focused on video games.

That being said, in-between the time I finish that and the release of MHA S7, I have basically nothing on my watchlist. That's because Fire Force season three STILL hasn't aired yet, and the anime for Black Clover is STILL on hiatus.

So if anyone wants to recommend me anything, feel free, lol. I stick mostly to shounen though outside of series that are done really well (like Spy x Family, Made in Abyss, Keep your Hands Off Eizouken, etc.)

This may also be a good time for me to go back and watch the movies for some of the anime I've completed so far. I've definitely skipped a few still.

I finished watching the first season of Hypnosis Mic last week. It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be initially, but I can't really say I'd recommend it to anyone. I'll probably still watch the second season though, just because.

Still need to watch season four of Haikyuu. I've been in an anime lull lately and more focused on video games.

That being said, in-between the time I finish that and the release of MHA S7, I have basically nothing on my watchlist. That's because Fire Force season three STILL hasn't aired yet, and the anime for Black Clover is STILL on hiatus.

So if anyone wants to recommend me anything, feel free, lol. I stick mostly to shounen though outside of series that are done really well (like Spy x Family, Made in Abyss, Keep your Hands Off Eizouken, etc.)

This may also be a good time for me to go back and watch the movies for some of the anime I've completed so far. I've definitely skipped a few still.
Would you be open to older shonen with arguably better pacing than some more current ones? One of my favorites is Samurai Champloo. Only 26 episodes.

Would you be open to older shonen with arguably better pacing than some more current ones? One of my favorites is Samurai Champloo. Only 26 episodes.

It's funny you say that because I was actually STRONGLY considering watching Samurai Champloo next. I love the premise and never found out how it ended, so I'd love to re-watch it from the beginning. That's what I'll watch next then.

Thanks for the rec! 💚

I learned there's a precure watch party for StarTwi (Star Twinkle Precure, a recent season), and signups are going on now on the wiki! basically, you can watch the entire season over a 5-day course (on hyperbeam), and you can use the attached google form to recommend future seasons to binge. I'll definitely be using it, as I've only watched the netflix dubs of Smile and DokiDoki (suffering through doki's).

Thinking I may finally start Haikyuu S4 soon so I can finish the show. My GOAL is to have it finished by the end of March, which would be nice and it's also a realistic goal.

Other than that, obviously I have Samurai Champloo on my watchlist next, but I also REALLY want to finish the Pokemon Journeys series so that I can start Pokemon Horizons. It just seems so unique in that Ash isn't in it anymore. At some point I'd really love to watch RWBY volume 9 as well, despite the mixed things I heard about it.

And hopefully I can complete all of these before MHA S7 releases in May, but we'll see. 😅

I'm watching dungeon meshi and i like it so far. I'm a sucker for food/cooking anime and i think the art is super charming.

I've been browsing the anime section at tubitv and I stumbled upon a show called Dagashi Kashi.

You know that one annoying friend who always has to point out product placements in movies and whatever else? They'd have a field day watching this show.

The whole thing is about real Japanese snack food products. But what marvels me is that it's a whole professional production with a whole plot, characters, decent animation, even its own theme song...and it's a push to sell more snack foods.

It may have done poorly since there seems to be only one season and it's on tubitv. But I'm having a blast observing the effort used to advertise products.

I've been browsing the anime section at tubitv and I stumbled upon a show called Dagashi Kashi.

You know that one annoying friend who always has to point out product placements in movies and whatever else? They'd have a field day watching this show.

The whole thing is about real Japanese snack food products. But what marvels me is that it's a whole professional production with a whole plot, characters, decent animation, even its own theme song...and it's a push to sell more snack foods.

It may have done poorly since there seems to be only one season and it's on tubitv. But I'm having a blast observing the effort used to advertise products.
I've seen Dagashi Kashi. I thought it was a lot of fun learning about the different Japanese snack foods and, like you said, it does have an actual storyline to it as well. 🍘🍡

There are two seasons. It looks like the second one is on Crunchyroll.

I've been watching Pokemon Horizons and it's really cute so far. I've seen 5 episodes and have been really enjoying it. Liko is a nice MC and Roy is just purely precious tbh. Also can we talk about Crispin Freeman as Friede? I adore him as well as Cap! Such a fun Pikachu!

I haven't watched Pokemon since the 4Kids Hoenn so this is a massive upgrade LOL. I'm glad we finally have a new cast. Ash was suffocating the anime imo.

I've seen Dagashi Kashi. I thought it was a lot of fun learning about the different Japanese snack foods and, like you said, it does have an actual storyline to it as well. 🍘🍡

There are two seasons. It looks like the second one is on Crunchyroll.

A second season exists, huh. Neat.

Y'know this show almost made me order in some cola gum💀

Watching more Link Click Season 1 today. I'm really enjoying it but the suspense is getting to me.. T^T Needed to take a break from binging it. I really like the dynamic between the two main characters, Xiaoshi Cheng and Guang Lu. Their friendship reaaally reminds me of me and @nyx~ , in it's own unique way xD I also extreeemely relate to Xiaoshi Cheng. A lot.. ;w;

After I finish Link Click, I think I'll continue watching Tokyo Revengers S2 P2. Nyx and I had planned on watching it together, but stuff happened and we sorta just agreed to watch it separately at our own pace >_>

Not sure if I ever posted it here, but I finally finished watching Chobits too! The last episode was incredibly bittersweet, but the actual ending ending was wholesome, it made me cry so hard. I strive to have a love so unconditional like Hideki and Chi. ;w;

I'm not sure if, once I'm finished with TR and Link Click, whether to finish Demon Slayer S3 so I can watch the movie, or continue with Attack on Titan. My brother says the dub is one of his favorites, and that I have to watch the dub instead of the sub. He explained to me that despite the hate dubs get, AoT has one of the greatest dubs. So.. maybe I'll start rewatching it, but in the dub..? To the AoT watchers, did you watch it dubbed or subbed? Or both? And if so, which one do you prefer? :0
I have a few other animes I'd love to watch. With the time I spend doing nothing, I might as well catch up on my planned list.

So far, what I plan on watching..

✦ Durarara!! X2
✦ Skip and Loafer
✦ Jujutsu Kaisen S2
✦ BLUELOCK
✦ MASHLE: Magic and Muscles
✦ xxxHOLIC
✦ A Couple of Cuckoos
✦ Princess Jellyfish
✦ Mob Psycho 100
✦ Devil May Cry (the anime adaptation... not the game LOL)

I've got lots of other animes planned, but not sure where to start.. :<

I'm not sure if, once I'm finished with TR and Link Click, whether to finish Demon Slayer S3 so I can watch the movie, or continue with Attack on Titan. My brother says the dub is one of his favorites, and that I have to watch the dub instead of the sub. He explained to me that despite the hate dubs get, AoT has one of the greatest dubs. So.. maybe I'll start rewatching it, but in the dub..? To the AoT watchers, did you watch it dubbed or subbed? Or both? And if so, which one do you prefer? :0

I watched Attack on Titan in the sub, but just because I normally watch everything in subs. It also helped because the show was still airing and I caught up to the newest episode and season, so then I didn't have to wait for the dub to come out to continue watching. But now that the series is finished, you could watch either the sub OR dub. It's really just up to you and your personal preference. Both are pretty good (at least for AoT).

I'm about 83 episodes into Black Clover, there's only 102 episodes, I don't want it to end 😭

I'm not sure where you found 102 episodes, but there's actually 170 episodes total for the show so far. It might be the service you're using to watch the show, but there's definitely more than 102, haha. 170 is the cutoff and has been since the anime has been on hiatus for several years (but it may return either this year or in 2025 👀 ).

I watched Attack on Titan in the sub, but just because I normally watch everything in subs. It also helped because the show was still airing and I caught up to the newest episode and season, so then I didn't have to wait for the dub to come out to continue watching. But now that the series is finished, you could watch either the sub OR dub. It's really just up to you and your personal preference. Both are pretty good (at least for AoT).

I'm not sure where you found 102 episodes, but there's actually 170 episodes total for the show so far. It might be the service you're using to watch the show, but there's definitely more than 102, haha. 170 is the cutoff and has been since the anime has been on hiatus for several years (but it may return either this year or in 2025 👀 ).
Oh okay I didn’t realize that, I guess maybe because I’m watching on Hulu :)

Finished Link Click Season 1, along with Tokyo Revengers S2 Part 2 ^^

I'm about halfway done with Season 2 of Link Click, then it's on to finishing JJK Season 2! Either that, or I may pick up where I left off with Yona of the Dawn. I paused watching it 'cuz I had too much I preferred catching up on instead. ^^;;

I really love the ending song for Yona of the Dawn. It is such a gorgeous song. Very beautiful and I relate to the lyrics too much, lol.
I may also attempt to finish S3 of Demon Slayer, like I said before >_>

Loved seeing Megan Thee Stallion’s Bruno Bucciarati cosplay at the Anime Awards! Also seeing Aquaria was a wonderful unexpected crossover.

Back