• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Update v2.0 + HHP Discussion Thread

I wanted to note this though I can't find any thread regarding small details, but I just noticed that the CRT televisions (TV VCR Combo, Retro TV) make that really soft high-pitched sound that actual CRTs make. I thought that was a neat little touch.

I'm planning on going back after unlocking all the features in HHP and redoing all the villager's vacation homes.

2.0 update question I’ve been wondering. I’ve unlocked the ability to redecorate villager homes from HHP, and was able to just talk to Isabelle to get Teddy’s actual home (was my starter jock). One thing I noticed was that he still kept a shirt I’d gifted him. Is it still risky to accept gift delivery requests from villagers lest it contain say an instant-muscles suit? I seem to recall people saying that complaining to Isabelle didn’t really keep villagers from wearing unwanted clothing, but maybe 2.0 changed that?

FFrxl7LUYAMwcwp.jpg

Can anyone tell me what this blank achievement is?

Is it just me, or is the HHP Network Showroom region specific? Because I noticed a real lack of foreign names and home descriptions while browsing. If so, that makes me really sad because I enjoy seeing designs from all over, even if I can't understand their name or prompt.

It’s called cornering the stalk market. It’s based off of how much profit you make from selling turnips
Are you sure?

I'm pretty sure I've already completed that achievement a long time ago?
I've sold so many turnips (long before the 2.0 update) ....like over 30 mil worth of turnips. :unsure:

Are you sure?

I'm pretty sure I've already completed that achievement a long time ago?
I've sold so many turnips (long before the 2.0 update) ....like over 30 mil worth of turnips. :unsure:
I thought that was what was next to the miles for stockholders. Don’t have my switch on me since I just got to work. Will get a screenshot of it later unless someone else can get one sooner.this is what I looked up .
38C9E2C2-087C-4C6F-8FE8-351A5D6C168D.png

I thought that was what was next to the miles for stockholders. Don’t have my switch on me since I just got to work. Will get a screenshot of it later unless someone else can get one sooner.this is what I looked up .
View attachment 417272
Wow, that is strange.

I do remember getting achievements for selling turnips a long time ago, I believe to complete the achievement you have to sell 30 mil worth of turnips if I remember correctly.

I also find it strange that they added a 'new' achievement to something that was already in the game from the get go, which is selling turnips.

All the other new added achievements are regarding new stuff like cooking, visiting the roost, going on Kapp'n rides, doing the stretching exercise etc..

Wow, that is strange.

I do remember getting achievements for selling turnips a long time ago, I believe to complete the achievement you have to sell 30 mil worth of turnips if I remember correctly.

I also find it strange that they added a 'new' achievement to something that was already in the game from the get go, which is selling turnips.

All the other new added achievements are regarding new stuff like cooking, visiting the roost, going on Kapp'n rides, doing the stretching exercise etc..
Yea it seems really weird that you don’t have that achievement. I wonder why since even if you didn’t sell millions of turnips you should at least have the first stamp for that achievement.

Just to clarify something, the "Cornering the Stalk Market" achievement isn't new, that achievement has been in the game since the very beginning.

Is it possible that you bought turnips but let them spoil, either through TTing or forgetting to sell them? Since the achievement itself is for profitting on the turnips, rather than outright selling them, and the game does keep track of how much you've spent on turnips internally. So if you bought 10k worth of turnips and sold them for exactly 10k, you'd still be at 0 in terms of profit. If you bought 10k worth of turnips but didn't sell them, you'd be at -10k for profit, and so on.

Just to clarify something, the "Cornering the Stalk Market" achievement isn't new, that achievement has been in the game since the very beginning.

Is it possible that you bought turnips but let them spoil, either through TTing or forgetting to sell them? Since the achievement itself is for profitting on the turnips, rather than outright selling them, and the game does keep track of how much you've spent on turnips internally. So if you bought 10k worth of turnips and sold them for exactly 10k, you'd still be at 0 in terms of profit. If you bought 10k worth of turnips but didn't sell them, you'd be at -10k for profit, and so on.

I've had turnips spoil a couple of times, but I've also sold non spoiled turnips for millions.
I used to go to people's islands that have high turnip prices, I usually go for 500 and up and done it more times than I can count.

I'm very confused :oops:

I've had turnips spoil a couple of times, but I've also sold non spoiled turnips for millions.
I used to go to people's islands that have high turnip prices, I usually go for 500 and up and done it more times than I can count.

I'm very confused :oops:
hmm, not sure what to say, then. I know I've sold most of my turnips on other people's islands within the first 1-2 months of playing the game and I had all tiers for it unlocked after a month of the game's release, and they're still appearing for me. I'm pretty sure they didn't change it at some point so that you needed to sell on your own island. idk how many island reps you have and whether or not that might somehow be affecting things in an unexpected way. I suppose if you can't even unlock (re-unlock?) the first tier at 1,000 then it's likely bugged, which is strange and unfortunate. I also don't think these will turn up, but you could check to see if you do have the titles gotten from unlocking the tiers:
First half (modifier):
  • Status-Minded
  • Avaricious
  • Upstart
  • Worldwide
  • Shadowy
Second half (noun):
  • Speculator
  • Moneybags
  • Trader
  • Bellionaire
  • Fixer

I unlocked the final designer title (GOAT Designer) today. Nothing special in terms of rewards, all you get is more Poki and a higher approach rate. Not even more clothing or a party for your efforts, lol. But I do get the satisfaction of knowing I unlocked it in a month (not that I intended to get it this early from the beginning, but, eh). And now the grind towards vacation homes for all villagers begins, lol.

For fun, this is where I was at stats-wise when I hit it:
ZJhysDM.png

The 2nd bullet point does include roommates, so it's actually 232, I just had it tracking homes since I wasn't sure whether or not it did include roommates.

I also don't think these will turn up, but you could check to see if you do have the titles gotten from unlocking the tiers:
First half (modifier):
  • Status-Minded
  • Avaricious
  • Upstart
  • Worldwide
  • Shadowy
Second half (noun):
  • Speculator
  • Moneybags
  • Trader
  • Bellionaire
  • Fixer

How/where do I check the titles?

To make sure, I sold the 30 turnips I got from Joan (who was at the hospital) in my own island and the achievement didn't unlock! I'm really starting to think it's bugged.

How/where do I check the titles?
Go to the Passport app in your Nook Phone, then edit the title and scroll through the first and second halfs to see if any of those words show up.

Alright, so DJ K.K. is coming tomorrow, so that would confirm that he just shows up biweekly instead of weekly, which most people had thought.

Is ir possible to change a villager to a new location spot after decorating ? After doing a. Home i realize a different location might be much suitable for his theme than what i initially chose for him, but now i dont know if is possible to change location and how 😅

Is ir possible to change a villager to a new location spot after decorating ? After doing a. Home i realize a different location might be much suitable for his theme than what i initially chose for him, but now i dont know if is possible to change location and how 😅
Yes, it is! Once you've finished their home, you just need to visit them, ask how their home is and then ask them to move.

Go to the Passport app in your Nook Phone, then edit the title and scroll through the first and second halfs to see if any of those words show up.

Alright, so DJ K.K. is coming tomorrow, so that would confirm that he just shows up biweekly instead of weekly, which most people had thought.
I just checked and I have all the titles you mentioned
Nintendo is trolling me 🙃

I just checked and I have all the titles you mentioned
Nintendo is trolling me 🙃
Alright, well at least that proves you did actually get all the tiers for that achievement! The game not displaying it for w/e reason is weird, hopefully it's something that can be patched.

Back