• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Personal Preference Kit (Crews 1 & 2)

Submission Deadline
Please post your submission in this thread before Tuesday August 8th, 6:59PM EDT

hiya dizzy, i just wanted to double check the deadline date because i thought we'd be moving on to another location before this current deadline O: wishing well and cosmic canvas both end aug 1st

DBTwdyp.jpg

For my space trip, I have packed my computer to keep in touch with my friends and stay productive. Tasty rations for my snacking pleasure. My favourite soft cuddly pal to keep me company. Coffee to keep my energy levels high. And finally, a shooting star to make a wish for safe travels and a fun journey.

⭐

mA1RbJj.jpg

For my cozy little outfit, I am wearing my comfy moonlight sweater, kiki & lala pin, shoes and socks, octagonal glasses, pastel petal skirt, and dream backpack to carry everything in.​

89F2304D-097C-46B9-AD51-938FBB4F9433.jpeg

✨
Sailboats wish that they were stars
Floating softly in the sky
Among our dreams that bid goodbye

✨⛵✨
Dear _____,

While they offered us a one-way ticket on a rocketship in space, I decided to take the longer route and ride my sailboat across the galaxy. It feels more peaceful sailing along the Milky Way, appreciating the stars, planets, and other celestial bodies that come by. I brought lots of stardust to fuel my boat, along with a telescope and some notes to take with me so I can write down my thoughts and observations. Lastly, I brought a picture of her — someone I’ve been seeing in my dreams a lot lately. She seems to be something related to the stars, and I hope to find more information on her. I would love to meet her some day.​
That’s all for now. I’ll write to you again soon. ✨
Love,
Momo.

1B821B87-C7A7-4D48-A5B0-3789950844B9.jpeg

FB65F2EE-72D9-4F45-BA9F-427E8B0C40E3.jpeg

CB49AA71-0432-4ECC-BDAE-7B3134B91B09.jpeg

Far away from my favourite villager, Buck, I am wearing a Power suit incase I need to quickly beam myself back to him. A blue pansy in my hair was given to me by that lovable jock horse as a reminder of all the great memories. I'm also wearing a pair of slacks, flowery-dot tights, squared browline glasses and a pair of boots.

I have included the following for my journey into space:
1 - An expresso maker. To explore space I need some fuel inside me!
2 - A laptop so I can keep in touch with everyone back home.
3 - An ACNH Nintendo Switch, I would have withdrawal symptoms if I knew I didn't have access to a Switch!
4 - A Festive tree (smaller version), incase I'm not back on my island for Christmas.
5 - Finally, a photo of my beloved Buck. I would never forget what he looks like, but it would be a comfort to see his adorable face.
2023073018050200-02CB906EA538A35643C1E1484C4B947D.jpg

2023073018044300-02CB906EA538A35643C1E1484C4B947D.jpg

IMG_6684.jpeg

I went with a nice comfy outfit for the cabin, complete with handy space boots. For my items, I chose my favourite teddy bear (who comes everywhere with me), a stack of books to read, a CD player to enjoy music, my trusty Nintendo Switch, and a painting kit to be creative and make some art with 😊

IMG_9498.JPG

I love cottagecore and I'd hope that if I ever have the means available to go to space I can customize my cabin to look like a woodsy cabin!
I'd be dressed very casually with a little cardigan to protect me from the cold and dark space outside!
I would bring both my switch and my PC because I spend a lot of time on those, either playing, creating things, writing or gaming! I couldn't live without them.
I would also bring my trusty clamshell music box to jam and relax myself to my favorite tracks!
I'd bring a scrapbook because I love taking pictures and arranging/collaging them and turning my memories into physical things!
And last but not least, some flowers! I need some green in my life and how else could we breathe in this vessel without any plants!

IMG_2115.JPG

Apparently my idea of a space explorer is a horrible gremlin in a metal box with a lot of ordinary necessities handled (see freezers and freezers of food). It's like being on a long flight, but like really really long, like months or years long. I couldn't find anything astronaut outfit like, so I put on this great cyber suit instead, so this is some kind of futuristic space ship where I have to wear a futuristic space suit, and the star boppers are because I'm in space, why not? Anyway, in terms of the actual items I brought - I smuggled a whole piano onboard somehow (space station/cabin acoustics yes please), a laptop for making games, all my favourite books (maybe borrowed from the library right before leaving, what are they gonna do? I'm in space ha ha ha ha ha*), and... a lot of supplies for drawing or making weird little things out of paper in case I get bored of all that other stuff.

*ps. I would not actually bring a heap of books from the library on my space journey, that's unethical

Kit.jpg

💫

Travel Log. Day 623. Middle of nowhere, probably.

I seem to have ran out of road. Might surprise you that this would be a problem given the fact that I'm travelling by flying saucer, but I forgot to pack a map. What? When you're out hiding in the clouds there's rarely time to look at maps. Plus, I needed room for my books, and I always bring three with me: one for getting (figuratively) lost in the literature, one for information on the local tourist traps, and one for writing travel logs, of course.

My many travels far and wide and short memory span have taught me to always bring a camera, to help with recollecting and reporting, and a little souvenir from home: a fallen star -- fashioned into a tiny clock for practicality -- to keep me grounded when I'm up in space.

On account of being lost and in a strange land, I brought a handy disguise to wear and blend in with the locals. For observation purposes, eavesdropping and general nosy behaviour, I also always bring with me a portable bush to hide behind.

With these essentials in hand I will surely find my way back home... Hopefully before lunch 'cos I forgot to pack some.

Signed, Minterestellar-Captain River. End of log. 🛸

Last edited:
IMG_6869.JPG

I don't like space. I'm preparing to die out here. Gotta be comfortable. I brought my slippers for the cold floors. Switch and tablet for gaming and reading manga. Ah, there's not gonna be internet. Maybe I'll play the sax, and die in my futon coffin. I'm dressed in a space suit, because space. But I have no helmet, so i will die.

spacetravel.jpg

Everyone deserves their relaxation amongst the stars, but somebody's gotta remain vigilant! You never know what you're going to run into out there, and I've gotta keep my dear crewmates safe! I'm outfitted in a standard-issue spacesuit to pilot the G.U.N.D.A.M (Galaxolotl Unyielding Numerous Dust Acquiring Mecha) to protect the ship and deter any space outlaws from thinking we're an easy mark (and acquire more Star Dust while doing it).

To aid me in this task, I've brought along a handful of creature comforts. Tasty snacks are necessary to keep morale up, so I have a delicious yet nutritional veggie quiche to stay in tip-top condition. For reading materials, I gathered a variety of guides and references ranging from documented species we could run into, to strategy texts that could be utilized if things are not all peaceful. But, erring on the hopeful side, I have with me a Brewstoid to present in diplomatic relations should we run into aliens of a more pacifist nature. It represents some of the best Earth has to offer with its whimsical charm, not to mention it's modeled after one its kindest residents! Speaking of our home planet, I took a framed photo with me of my beloved Wooper, to remind me of what I'm fighting for. Lastly, I have my precious companion at my side, because I could never be kept lightyears away from my birb! He seems to be enjoying the view; I think he's well on his way to becoming a space explorer! I just need to find a suit that'll fit...

2022021020411900_s.jpg

Reporting for duty, Captain Gulliver! I've signed up to be your personal assistant on this voyage! Because someone has to save you from yourself.

I have been equipped with gear suitable for any situation that we may find ourselves in, namely a power suit designed for space exploration, as well as this sword in case I ever need to protect you from space monsters! I really don't think there's any monsters out here.

I have also prepared several items that we may need for this journey. Here is an up-to-date star chart for navigation as well as a set of tools in case we ever need to make repairs to our craft! Just leave everything to me! Please leave everything to me.

Of course, I haven't forgotten personal effects. I have brought a shell music box to remind you of your sailor's roots and for music to listen to while in transit, as well as a scrapbook for keeping mementos of this trip. We can also never have enough crewmates, so this Stelloid will also be joining us for the trip! They're also very talented at singing.

Edit: Reuploaded image as requested.

Last edited:
here is my entry!
IMG_5199.jpg

For my outfit, I'm going cute and comfortable to lounge around in the cabin, with my favorite sweater, a soft pair of pajama pants, and boots to keep my feet warm. I'm not sure how the internet connection is up in space, but I'm bringing my laptop along (with downloaded games and media, just in case). I'm also taking some of my favorite books to read, and my cherry speakers to play music around the cabin. To keep me from missing home too much, I'm packing my favorite stuffed animal and a photo of my best friend.

IMG_2392.jpg

ready for take off! ..my helmet? what do you mean it's not the right one? you never specified! can you let me on anyway please? I've spent all morning packing and this stuff is NOT light!
sure, it may be impractical, but comfort is of course my number one priority so i just had to bring my comfiest armchair to relax in when we're not working hard to stay in space. my other biggest item is my full-length mirror - just because we're floating around way above earth doesn't mean we can't still look good!! now next up, we're gonna be here a while and it's vital i have something to keep me occupied in my free time. in this instance, two somethings - a big old stack of books and my trusty nintendo switch. self-explanatory, really. and last but not least, a picnic basket of snacks. again, self-explanatory - how am i suppose to function at full capacity if i'm hungry??

D7563ABA-ED1A-40B0-814E-B22032761E6B.jpeg

My outfit:
Some cozy, mint clothes for hanging out in my cabin. I can’t be bothered with actual shoes anymore. Oh, and a thematically appropriate bag to carry around whatever things I feel obliged to put in there.

Five items for my space voyage:
I’d bring a nice selection of books to read, including scripture, astronomy, a notebook (it’s in the item), and other relevant things. My son gives me one of his stuffed animals to sleep with every night, so a stuffy to sleep with while I’m sleeping a world away from him would be comforting. Practically, a laptop, primarily to communicate with family and friends back home. After meeting my cabin mates, hopefully I can find a few people who would like to play board games with me while we have downtime in our cabins. Lastly, being in a new environment and pace of life, it feels like the ideal time to pick up a new hobby with a pan flute. Don’t worry; I’ll only practice when my bunk is empty!

2023073104325400-02CB906EA538A35643C1E1484C4B947D.jpg

The Items

I'm going to be taking a Laptop for a variety of reasons - logging my findings, drawing, writing, and general relaxation. It's busted but I'm still too stubborn to take a tablet instead. I'll also be taking a Digital Camera, to get some high-res photos whilst up in space. The Dinosaur Toy is coming along so I can take some snapshots of him in space. How many other toys have been in space? Not many, as I recall Also, some Books to help me further research my surroundings. Wordpad kept crashing on the laptop, so I had to bring the books in physical form.

Last but not least, a flag to plant somewhere that everyone can see it. You can't view it from this angle, but the other side has the Actually, Nevermind logo. Trust me.

Outfit
A Powersuit and boots, and a helmet with a light attached so I can investigate the planet better. I hail from an enchanted island, so I don't need a regular helmet because *magic*. All in green, so my fellow Neverminders can see me from a distance.

2023073118154600-02CB906EA538A35643C1E1484C4B947D.jpg

I would wear comfy clothes with barefeet! I enjoy hoodies, lose soft pants and barefeet lol so I'd be sporting that in space! Of course the space hoodie for the aesthetic.

My five items would be as follows:

My laptop. I doubt there would be wifi LOL but I'd use that to browse the web, write fanfics, and chat with my family!

My switch for gaming purposes of course!

A pillow to sit on and sleep on! I'd need something soft as I imagine the space shuttle to be hard.

A stuffed animal! To cuddle with when times get tough and lonely.

And lastly, a cupcake. I love sweets so I'd adore having something yummy to eat!

2023073123350100-02CB906EA538A35643C1E1484C4B947D.jpg

My outfit would signify the long journey. It's a bit torn, with a few bumps and bruises on myself along the way, though the challenges were overcome I did make it to the paradise planet I have always dreamed of setting foot towards.
For me music is the most important thing to keep my mind racing and my morale upheld in the sky, so I didn't dedicate just one CD player for my fix but a whole record-keeping box to accommodate all my favourite tunes! The simple hammock is essential for my resting and back-stretching needs. I would also bring a stuffed animal along for the ride because I can ramble and crumble around it without judgement-- well, anyway, last but not least is a telescope, so I can get lost in tracking each passing rock, moon or planet that enters our orbit, or give time to looking back at each place that I once traversed, seeing it change and perhaps to reflect on how I ended up all the way to where I am now.

E83xVNz.jpg

Reporting for duty, Captain Gulliver! I've signed up to be your personal assistant on this voyage! Because someone has to save you from yourself.

I have been equipped with gear suitable for any situation that we may find ourselves in, namely a power suit designed for space exploration, as well as this sword in case I ever need to protect you from space monsters! I really don't think there's any monsters out here.

I have also prepared several items that we may need for this journey. Here is an up-to-date star chart for navigation as well as a set of tools in case we ever need to make repairs to our craft! Just leave everything to me! Please leave everything to me.

Of course, I haven't forgotten personal effects. I have brought a shell music box to remind you of your sailor's roots and for music to listen to while in transit, as well as a scrapbook for keeping mementos of this trip. We can also never have enough crewmates, so this Stelloid will also be joining us for the trip! They're also very talented at singing.
Hello! I cant seem to view this entry. Can you reupload the photo please? Thank you!

Back