• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Personal Preference Kit (Crews 1 & 2)

dizzy bone

Staff
Artist
Bells
Island
Tansan
Perfect Apple
Perfect Cherry
Perfect Orange
Perfect Peach
Perfect Pear
Durian
Lemon
Lychee
Persimmon
Banana
1689901066444.png

"Congratulations! You have been selected as one of the lucky space cadets of this year's Space Camp! You will soon board a rocket and blast off to the final frontier. But before you go, you need to pack your Personal Preference Kit." You and your fellow cadets stare blankly at a line in the welcome manual. The belongings you put your heart into packing seem pointless now that Captain Gulliver has vanished and you are drifting aimlessly in the vastness of space. I guess while we wait for more information we can have a metaphorical campfire and share the stories behind our personal picks. 🌟

🧸Task

What is a Personal Preference Kit?

A Personal Preference Kit does not have to be solely suited for space survival. More often than not, these can be mementos and personal items you hold dear to help you through your time away from home. Because we're allowing quite a big luggage limit per person, you are allowed to bring larger sized items. Just make sure they are realistically portable! (No, you can't bring the Stonehenge to space even if it is your comfort rock)

• Using Harvey's Photo Studio, create an outfit for your island rep/character that suits your idea of a space explorer (or even your chill outfit to hang out in your cabin!)
  • Next to your character, place 5 items that you would pack with you for your journey into space. Wall hangings are also allowed but no ceiling hangings or carpets/rugs. Shoes, accessories and clothes that are placed can also be considered part of your 5 items.
  • Included in your post, explain your outfit and item choices in a few sentences. You can explain the practicality of the item or why it is important to you.
    • You do not need to give the name of the item in-game. Just make sure you explain why you brought this item.

Submission Deadline
Please post your submission in this thread before Tuesday August 1st, 6:59PM EDT

🧼 Rules
  • Your screenshot/photo should be unedited. This includes in-game filters.
  • You do not need to create a full scene for this photo shoot - your submission will be accepted as long as we can clearly see your outfit and what 5 items you would bring (save your creativity for the designing event!)
  • Do not edit your entry after you have submitted it unless otherwise asked by the event host.

📷 Voting

The Quarters favourites are entirely community-decided. To vote, simply leave a reaction on the post of any entry. You can use either the (y) Like or :love: Love reaction, they will be added together. Entries that are approved will be marked by the staff with the accepted reaction, but don't wait for this to appear. Feel free to Like/Love any entries at any time!

🎻 Prizes

• 15 Observation Tokens for participation & accepted entry
  • 15 Points for your team for participation & accepted entry
  • 8 Mission Tokens for top votes in community voting
  • Rainbow Crescent Moon collectible for top votes in community voting

Submission Checklist
Ready to submit your entry? Check for the following before you hit enter!

☑ Your post shows your island rep in costume and your 5 items.
☑ You wrote a short description explaining your outfit and items.
☑ Your entry is posted before the due date.

FAQ

Question
: Can we use Custom Designs for clothes? Or is it strictly game provided clothes.
Answer: Yes, you can use Custom Designs.

Question: Do we need to add our username to the entry?
Answer: These are done in Harvey's Photo Studio so no, you don't need to add your username! Just make sure your photos has the criteria above!

Last edited:
Question: Can we use Custom Designs for clothes? Or is it strictly game provided clothes.

Oh, we get to chill in space?
In that case, I'm going in style.... with comfy clothing!
1690329023462.png

Along with my comfy clothing (it's space, comfiness is a priority), I will be bringing my Switch for entertainment purposes, reading material for the cozy reading times, and a dog plush to remind me of my pets (also something to snuggle with when needed). Also, I will be bringing plants into space to keep me grounded (also having plants in space is cool!). Lastly, a space helmet. I plan on venturing in the outdoor gravity. That is something on the bucket list of course (and if allowed my Space Came Staff, I hope.)

For A Closer Look At the Outfit:
1690329294590.png
[/ISPOILER]

This is done in Harvey's photo studio so no, no username needed!
Alright thank you!

Without further ado...

IMG_9759.jpg

IMG_9761.jpg

For the items I chose, I thought a 'Kids Tent' would be nice to have on hand. Something to make me feel youthful again while being a silly adult in space. I also picked a teddy bear to resemble a Moose plushie that I have irl to remind me of my boyfriend. Then I have a jar of yarn, since I enjoy crocheting and would for sure get bored in my cabin without something to do. Peach tart since peach flavored anything is comforting to me, and I PRAY to the sky that the galaxy has a radio station available, so I can play music on my portable record player c:

I know this wasn't necessary, but I chose a flannel since it reminds me of my bf. A sailor hat since my little brother is in the Navy. I just want to be reminded of the people I love and care for deeply while I'm in space! The pants and shoes hold no significance other than comfort, but the socks are crocheted, so my lore is; I made them while stuck in space :3

IMG_1571.jpeg

My cabin relaxation outfit follows the space theme since this is a space camp. I would bring a Switch to play video games, a laptop to make video games while I’m outer space, a milkshake to have something to drink while working, a lantern to provide lighting when everyone’s asleep, and a tape deck to listen to some music with appeal to nostalgia.

IMG_0683.JPG

For my trip to space, I dressed myself in a super-cool space suit that I could potentially, though not necessarily, do hero-work in out in space itself in if the need arises. I brought a book to read so that I won't get bored, my favorite coffee mug to drink from (because I never leave home without it), some instant noodles so that I can be like Captain Olimar eating space noodles in space, a picture my buddy Sasha gave me of himself to remind me that my friends are waiting for me to come back home, and my stuffed bunny so that I have something to snuggle when I get homesick.

2023072520541800-02CB906EA538A35643C1E1484C4B947D.jpg

Outfit: I made my outfit more space-themed, while keeping the same type of clothes I'd wear on a daily basis. I love pajamas, and I would honestly wear them 24/7 if I could. My rep is wearing the space parka, dreamy pants, and the Kiki & Lala pin (for the space theme), as well as the faux-shearling boots (I love slippers and they look like the ones I have at home), and the browline glasses because I'm so used to my character wearing them (even though I don't have glasses IRL!).

Items: I chose items that I would, for the most part, bring with me at a camp or any other trip. I have a Switch Lite (turquoise variant) to keep myself entertained - I would've chosen the AC:NH Switch item, but I have a turquoise Switch Lite at home, so I went with that!
To the left of my rep I have a tape deck because I love music, as well as a copy of K.K. Metal hanging on the wall to represent my love for metal music, aka my favorite genre.
I also have the Mom's Plush item (Puppers variant), because I love plushies and Mom's Plush is my favorite one in the game.
Lastly, there's Apollo's photo on the wall. He is my #1 favorite AC villager, and I'm sure my rep would be missing him after being away from Newgrounds for 3 weeks! I have terrible luck with taking off posters from walls (I always rip them by accident), so it'd be more convenient to have my favorite villager's framed photo with me. ^^

YDzbyi0.png
I'm dressed in a cute starry outfit complete with a crescent moon necklace and star bag. It's perfect for hanging out in my cabin or walking around the station. As for belongings, I've brought a teddy bear, tablet, Nintendo Switch, light, and toothbrushes. I've had the teddy bear since I was a child, and I've dressed him in a star shirt so that he's ready for camp as well! The tablet will let allow me to read and keep in contact with my family while I'm away at camp. I need the Switch to play games like Pikmin 4. Camp is fun, but sometimes you need to take a break and chill in your cabin. The light is a night light! It can be tough to sleep when it's pitch black. And finally, the toothbrushes. Dental health is important, even in space~

2023072521250100-02CB906EA538A35643C1E1484C4B947D.jpg

Soup has a simple sling bag, an under-their-spacesuit athletic top, professional but comfortable pants, and their spacesuit boots on. This is what I imagine real astronauts to be wearing right before they completely suit up for their space journeys.

Soup is bringing their favorite coffee beans, to see if they can extract a better cup of coffee in zero-gravity conditions. With them is a small coffee sprout (a sapling from their favorite coffee plant) which will be planted in a greenhouse in space. Furthering their coffee love, Soup has also packed a stack of coffee-related books to read in their free time. No journey to space would be complete without a set of high-quality headphones — wouldn't want to disturb others with your music at night (or is it morning?). Finally, Soup has brought their daruma, a token of luck for their space travels. Once Soup lands back on Earth, they intend on filling in the other eye as a symbol of their wish granted!

mYJCFbg.jpg

kq4YY9A.gif]
digi's personal space kit
kq4YY9A.gif]

digi's fit includes: bulb bopper, space suit, bobby socks and kerokerokeroppi boots

the idea behind this fit was to incorporate some of my favourite items to dress up in along with my space suit. you can still be stylish and cute even in space! i like to believe that my kerokerokeroppi boots are my lucky charm, and they help keep me out of harms way. as for the items i would bring along with me on my adventures, that would include: a cold sleep pod to help make sure i'm getting optimal amounts of restful sleep! exploring outer space isn't easy! i'd also bring potted starter plants, to help liven up the space and encourage peak oxygen levels. cans of the snack variety would be helpful to bring along since there's a good chance that food might be scare at times. i'd bring a lcd tv to use to hold meetings with other crew members off the space craft and for entertainment purposes too of course. last but not least! i'd definitely bring a picture of my best puck to help ease the homesickness while so far away from home.

jWfvaXK.gif

PersonalPreferences.jpeg

For the space trip I am bringing with me the following items:
- Box of Kleenex, because of my chronic Hay fever 🤧
- My SUPER SECRET STASH of homemade chocolate chip cookies, they are disguised in a bubble mailer type package
- My art journal/scrapbook so I can do arts & crafts along the way, and also scrapbook some memories
-
A Theremin, so that our space adventures can have some background sound/music to go with it
- My pet jellyfish who wishes to swim amongst the stars

PersonalPreferencesOutfit.jpeg
My outfit consists of Lunar Sheen colored full-body tights, crocheted socks, space boots, and an outdoor backpack. I chose these items to keep me warm in the cold void of space and to better carry my belongings in zero gravity. I also am wearing my usual sunglasses + "bulb boppers", because they are just part of my look.

z82l2Nk.jpg

Along with an outfit that's appropriate for space, I would bring several items to make my space voyage more enjoyable. A computer, so I can remain connected and productive, a Nintendo Switch and some manga, so I can entertain myself, my favourite mug, so I can still enjoy a cup of bone broth each morning, and a photo of my beloved Apollo, so I can be reminded of my friends back home.

F17hQ6paIAA7iKL.jpg

Rocketeer Roxie, embarks on a JOURNEY THROUGH SPAAACE.

When interstellar traveling, every kilogram counts! Our intrepid explorer packs on her rocket only what's absolutely necessary to complete her mission, and return home safely. Roxie dons her personal protective equipment, a space suit and her signature gas mask. She then straps into her mobility device, a jet pack! She keeps her trusty lunar rover by her side to cart around her instruments of science; a microscope, useful for examining collected samples at a microscopic level, her lab equipment for wet chemical analysis, and most importantly, her journal in which she records all of her scientific discoveries!

comfort.jpg

My items are based on comfort and time management. In my cabin I'd be wearing as few items of clothing as possible (sorry to my bunkmates!). I need my own pillow wherever I go. Always have, always will. A space heater is my guilty pleasure...I have the ability to enjoy sitting in front of one even in the dead of summer.
When not out exploring the galaxy, I would either be engrossed in a good read, playing a game with friends, or getting in some exercise so my body doesn't turn to moon cheese.

2023072612571100_s.jpg

My quintessential quintet set of items include: my jetpack so I can move a lot faster; my laptop so I can still work; my Nintendo Switch to keep myself entertained; my weight bench to keep myself fit; and lastly, canned goods that include canned bread, canned pasta, canned hot cocoa, and canned chips to fill my tummy. As for my outfit, I got a custom-made Galaxolotl space drip that is perfect for cozy time or active space wanderings.

Attachments

• 2023072612503700_s.jpg
    2023072612503700_s.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 7
At first I thought "I'll just grab my Switch, a pair of headphones and a nice book", but then again... it's space we're talking about! No matter how I look at it, it's waaay out of my comfort zone already, so let's turn it up another notch!

IMG_3210.JPG

IMG_3211.JPG
"You didn't expect me to stay put on the ship all the time now, did you? Yes, yes, that is right, I shall be embarking on a space gyroid hunt!

I've got my trusty shovel, I've got my storage crate ready for the loot and... I have inside information from that Sproingoid that crash-landed on my lawn not too long ago (that fellow is too trusting, honestly...).
A tablet should cover all my entertainment and research needs and I just couldn't come without my own pillow, because... well, you know how pillows on spaceships can be...

Is that an absolutely silly plan? Why, yes, why else would I be dressed like that?! Now if you excuse me, I need to figure out how to open this hatch and slip out to start my expedition."

1690373350028.png

I am all packed and ready for space camp. I wearing my blue dress and blue pointe shoes to cheer on my team The Galaxolotls !!!​

I have packed my 5 most important items: My blue Gumball Machine I always love chewing sweet flavoured gum and blowing bubbles and I thought it would be nice to share with the team. I have my Giant Teddy Bear so I can cuddle him during movie night and even fall asleep on. I have a blue CD Player so the team can have dance parties. Lastly I have packed my Nintendo Switch and my Tablet cause I am always on these items and even being in space wont stop me from playing games or watching my TV shows.

Back