• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

North Pole Ornament Workshop

Status
Not open for further replies.

pandapples

sincerely
Staff
Project Staff
Bells
Switch
5934-9073-6701
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
White Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
Golden Watering Can
White Rose
White Rose
Yellow Rose
npow.png

Jingle and his elves are working overtime this year and need some help! With all the toy workshops busy filling up sleighs for Toy Day, the Christmas tree up north is left bare and in need of a festive touch. We'll decorate the tree with our own unique ornaments so they're extra special!

How To Participate
120px-Giant_Ornament_%28Green%29_NH_Icon.png

Create a holiday ornament in real life using crafts! Think arts & craft supplies such as yarn, clay, felt, sequins, glitter, and more. The ornament must be winter and/or holiday themed. Be as creative as possible! The standard Christmas baubles will not be accepted.

Submission period ends Sunday, December 24th at 11:59 PM EST.

How To Submit

Submit your entry directly on this thread. Your entry must have a photo of the raw materials used for your craft, and a photo of the final product. The TBT username physical card must be visible in both photos. See rules below for more details on an acceptable entry.

Rules

• The festive ornament must be created by you and assembled yourself for this event using arts and craft supplies. Crafts created in the past are not allowed.
  • The ornament cannot be a bauble/globe shaped decoration and you cannot use a premade one as a base for your ornament.
  • There must be a 3-D element, so it cannot simply be a drawing on paper.
  • The ornament cannot be made out of food (salt dough is OK).
  • Two photos must be submitted:
    • A photo with a majority of the raw materials prior to creating the ornament. Majority in case you decide to add or remove details during the creative process, then there is no penalty.
    • The final crafted product of your ornament with a hook. You can substitute a "hook" with a string, paper clip, ribbon, twine, etc.
  • Your TBT username must be present on a physical name card.
  • Photos should be clear and not blurry. Do not alter/edit in any way prior to submitting, other than cropping or resizing.
  • Once your entry is posted, it is final. Please do not edit your post unless requested by a moderator.
  • Only one ornament entry is allowed per person.
  • Content must be suitable for a PG-13 audience.
  • A reasonable amount of effort should be evident. Entries we believe lack effort, or are submitted jokingly, will be disqualified.

Prizes

• Participation: 45 Gumdrops
  • Staff nominations and community voting:
    • All entries nominated by staff: Additional 45 Gumdrops
    • 1st place: Gold Trophy and your choice of any glow wand collectible (including any super rare recolored wand that may appear in 12 Days of Collectibles, but excluding the animated moon wand)
    • 2nd place: Silver Trophy
    • 3rd place: Bronze Trophy
    • 1st - 5th place: 200 bells

Happy holidays and enjoy crafting!
Big_Festive_Tree.png

First time making a pinecone animal—here's my festive pinecone penguin ornament! Although it looks like she's fretting over the holidays. 😅

north pole workshop ornament.jpg
north pole ornament workshop materials.jpg

• Pinecones gathered from outside (also twigs and a sweetgum tree seed pod, unused)
• Cardstock and colored construction paper
• A few different pieces of ribbon/shiny gold cord
• Googly eyes
• Glue
• Paints and brush
• Beads and embroidery floss (both unused)

Tin Soldier
1.jpg

I always saw people make these really cool ornaments with old clothespins. And I always wanted to do that. So with this event I figured I'd try my hands. I made an old-fashioned tin soldier with the clothespin as the base. I remember I had a bunch of old-timey clothespins from my reenacting. I cut a bit of the feather off of my hat. That kinda hurt doing that. You can see part of the hat in the material pic. A lot of the materials are from my reenactment materials. Minus the glue gun and the such.
B.jpg

I made a tea-light holder ornament! 🌟
It features Jingle and is shaped like a pyramid. 🎄 🎅🦌

Final Product (3D, Not bauble / globe shape, with hook)

1702706534322.png

1702706576019.png

Raw Materials
1702707133406.png

Bigger photo in case the name tag was unclear:
1702707312448.png

The glitter glue on the "lights" of the ornament looks super cute, lending them a nice 3D look and feel, but none of my photos are particularly good.

Pattern
1702707334946.png

Twinkles the Snow Bunny winter ornament! 🐇❄️ brrrr! She's cold to the touch but will always warm your heart~ she's a friend that sticks around every season!

20231216_144704.jpg

• Cotton
  • Yarn
  • String
  • Paper
  • Markers
  • Pins and needles
  • Scissors
  • Tape
20231216_135018.jpg

20231216_141323.jpg

20231216_142532.jpg

20231216_143153.jpg

My submission! I don't have a lot of stuff to work with, so I just used paper, glue and some string 🌟🎄🎅🏼🦌
20231219_160503_capture.jpg

The green one is the one I'm actually submitting, the red one is just for show :)
20231219_161038.jpg
20231219_160140_capture.jpg
20231219_160204_capture.jpg
20231219_160208_capture.jpg

(Disclaimer: the davids star I always use in decorations too because of my sister in law and my niece and nephew, who celebrate Hanukkah. Its not meant as apolitical statement, in case someone might thinkt that.)

Last edited:
my decoration is a Jingle Sugar Cookie (CLAY NOT FOOD)

IMG-3676.jpg

IMG-3662.jpg

- polymer clay & liquid clay stuff
- an oven (not pictured)
- chalk pastels
- various sculpting tools in pencil case
- nail polish
- string
- paint pens

IMG-3640.jpg

MY NAILS GO FROM LONG AND PRETTY TO CUT OFF BECAUSE THEY WERE ANNOYING ME LOL

Started mixing the white clay w a lil brown and turning into a jingle shape adding a lil cookie biscuit texture

IMG-3643.jpg

added colouring w pastels and a brush, engraved on the back (didn't put koi because I don't want to explain to friends and family who see the ornament that I am part of an animal crossing forum that motivated me to make this animal crossing themed christmas ornament........)

IMG-3645.jpg

needed some vibes so i listened to this on repeat here u go
NOT MY ACTUAL TOOTHBRUSH THIS IS MY CRAFTS ONE i aint a skank

IMG-3646.jpg

started doing the icing by mixing this sculpey liquid stuff with white clay, looked cute at this point....

IMG-3648.jpg

OHNO THINGS WENT A BIT WRONG AND MESSYYYYY THIS ISNT WHAT I WAS GOING FOR NEEDED TO ABORT OR DO A PLAN B

IMG-3649.jpg

mission save jingle: add pastels to colour the liquid icing stuff and IMRPOV

IMG-3657.jpg

it's a new day and new nails : ( hello stubs

homie is baked and cooled - using posca to highlight his eyes and edges

IMG-3675.jpg

layered on some glittery nail polish and look at that shiiiiinne it fixed everything

whilst i was doing clay stuff i also wanted to make one of those irl tom and jerry memes / shapes so here is my work in progress jerry that still looks like this ft a broken ear because I DROPPED HIM

IMG-3637.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back