• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

All A Board - Now Closed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mistreil

🎈
Staff
Project Staff
Artist
Bells
Orange Hybrid Rose
White Rose
White Rose
Yellow Rose
Red Rose
Yellow Rose
White Rose
White Rose
Yellow Rose
Red Rose
aab.png

Our holiday games have all gone missing! How will we have a board game night without any games?! But it's okay! All aboard the creativity train -- it's time to make your very own board game!

Your Task 🎲

Using the template below, create an Animal Crossing and/or Holiday-themed board game. Make sure to include your name in your submission, and post your completed entry in this thread by December 31 at 11:59PM EST.

1703109013945.png

1703109022584.png

Rules 🎲

• Your entry must fit the theme of either Animal Crossing or the Holidays. A combination of both is also allowed.
  • Both digital and traditional submissions are acceptable. If you are submitting traditional artwork, please make sure the image quality is clear.
  • Your username must be included on your submission. For traditional art, your username must be added to the entry itself and cannot be added digitally.
  • One entry per participant. No collaborations please.
  • Your design must be your own work. (e.g.: no pre-existing renders, AI-generated art, stickers, or tracing others' work)
    • You may use fonts (as opposed to your own writing) if you wish for this event.
  • Minor modifications to the template are allowed. See the FAQs below for more details. Please ask the host if you are unsure about any modifications you plan to do.
  • You do not need to be an artist to participate, but some level of effort must be apparent. If we feel your entry lacks effort or has been submitted as a joke, then it will not be accepted.
  • Do not edit or change your entry after submitting. Make sure that you are happy with your piece before submitting!
  • All entries must meet forum guidelines. Keep it PG-13!
Prizes 🎲

• 45 Gumdrops
After the submission period ends on December 31 at 11:59 PM EST, entries will be presented to the staff team for internal voting. Staff nominations will then go to a public poll for the community to vote on their favorites.

Community Favorite Prizes:
  • 1st place: Gold Trophy collectible and your choice of any glow wand collectible
    (including any super rare recolored wand that may appear in 12 Days of Collectibles, but excluding the animated moon wand)
  • 2nd place: Silver Trophy collectible
  • 3rd place: Bronze Trophy collectible
  • 1st - 5th place: 200 bells
If your entry is nominated by staff and goes to the public poll, you will also receive an additional 45 Gumdrops.

FAQ 🎲

1. Can I change the template?
    You may change the corners/edges of the template (e.g. rounding them, styling them, etc.) but you must keep the same general shape. i.e. we should be able to overlay the original template on the tiles of your submission and clearly be able to see the original shape.

You may merge up to 4 adjacent tiles (i.e. turning 2, 3, or 4 tiles into a single long tile) if you'd like. You may also split tiles, if you'd like (e.g. turning 1 tile in the template into 2).

You may rotate and resize the board as needed (i.e. making it smaller/larger) and reposition it (i.e. to make more room at edges and whatnot).

2. What other modifications can I make?
    You may make any other modifications as you'd like. For instance, adding decorations, text, numbers, rules, connections between rows, spots for cards, etc. Anything goes!

Adding spaces in gaps is acceptable so long as the board is mostly recognizable (i.e. don't turn it into a bingo board -- but you can connect the rows in other ways, similar to ladders from Snakes & Ladders.)

3. Is there an example of the type of game this should be?
    Anything is fine as long as it fits the template, but you may want to look at the Candy Land board game, Snakes & Ladders, Monopoly, etc. as examples!

Last edited:
Hello! I would just like some clarification.

This is like a board game (like Monopoly or any other game) where you have a token piece that you move along the board when you roll a die?

"completed card design and a write-up to describe the meaning." = The completed coloured in board game that was made and explain how to play it?

Hello! I would just like some clarification.

This is like a board game (like Monopoly or any other game) where you have a token piece that you move along the board when you roll a die?
Yes, though you're free to change up the rules if you'd like.

"completed card design and a write-up to describe the meaning." = The completed coloured in board game that was made and explain how to play it?
Somehow after proofreading twice, I forgot to remove that line and its now obvious that i copied the rules from a previous event heh -- no writing needed! Just the completed board, though you're free to add any explanations if you'd like (otherwise it's assumed people will start at a space, roll, and progress.)

Not gonna have much time next week, so I'm trying to submit everything before the 24th!

Here is my boardgame! A simpel white elephant game 🐘 🎄

Project (20231221074440).jpg

All you need is:
  • a die 🎲
  • some pawns♟️♟️♟️
  • a Christmas tree or something similar 🎄
  • and of course, gifts for all the players! 🎁 🎁
The rules are simpel!
  1. Throw the dice, and move spaces equal to the number on the dice.
  2. When you land on a present, you either:
    1. Pick a present from the tree
    2. If you already have a present, pick a present and give it to someone else.
  3. When you land on a tree, you either:
    1. Put your present back under the tree.
    2. If you don't have a present, put someone else's present under the tree.
  4. When you land on finish:
  5. If you have a present, you finished the game! Congrats, you can open your present! 🎁
  6. If you don't have a present... sorry, you'll have to start over! 🌟
Project (20231221074440).jpg

1703109013945.png

Question: so this layout would be fine, right? And I can add additional elements "unrelated" to the board, right? Like, they are not completely unrelated, it would be stuff that you "gain" from the board.

Can we place cards for drawing next to the board? Or do I need to print the board at a small enough size that I can put the cards on the piece of paper? (Assuming that it's okay to add something that isn't a game board, just as the submissions so far would require things like dice...)

1703109013945.png

Question: so this layout would be fine, right? And I can add additional elements "unrelated" to the board, right? Like, they are not completely unrelated, it would be stuff that you "gain" from the board.
Yes, that's fine!

Can we place cards for drawing next to the board? Or do I need to print the board at a small enough size that I can put the cards on the piece of paper? (Assuming that it's okay to add something that isn't a game board, just as the submissions so far would require things like dice...)
You can place cards or any other decorations you'd like around the board (e.g. like how Monopoly has piles for Chance cards and stuff, you're free to do that too)!

WGG5Gts.jpg

Here's my entry!! This boardgame is called Crossing Cup!! 🏁🏁🏁

Inspired by Mario Kart 8's Animal Crossing track and cup of the same name. Just a classic race to the finish board game. The pieces are little colored karts and the item cards are simple power-ups. You can skip tiles with the speed boost or air boosts for extra shortcuts. Like normal mario kart, you can play without items, or if you want a longer game, you can do multiple laps around the board or try to collect all the coins. Loved this event idea!!

YLOl0h9.jpg

Here's mine!

This board game is really for anyone who loves crafts and DIY. It's all pretty self explanatory: when landing on a flag you get to take a flag in the corresponding color out of the accessories box that comes with the game. When landing on a pitfall seed you'll need to return the last flag you got and go back to start. Landing on a balloon allows you to pick out a balloon for even more festive fun. Once finished, tie all flags you obtained together (in the order you got them) to create your garland. Whoever has the most flags in their garland wins! So you might actually want to land on a pitfall seed or two...

GB93E35WoAA38OK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back