• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Classified Celebrations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mairmalade

mar 🐳
Staff
Bells
Island
Wisteria
Galaxy Easter Egg
Frost Easter Egg
Nightmare Easter Egg
Perfect Apple
Perfect Cherry
Perfect Peach
Perfect Pear
Durian
Lemon
Lychee
cc.png

It's always Jingle this or Toy Day that. Everyone is scurrying about getting ready for the big day, but they always forget about us, which is totes not cool, li'l ears. I hopped over to the plaza the other day and saw it decorated with holiday cheer: a festive tree, but no photo of ME? Being the center of attention is MY job, not Jingle's, li'l ears.

And it gets worse. I went to visit my BFF Étoile after, and, of course, she was busy at work over her crafting table sewing beautiful winter hats for all the islanders for HER birthday?? UNACCEPTABLE.

She won't say this to your face, but I know she'd appreciate a chance to shine in the spotlight on her big day, too, li'l ears.

Your Task🎉

Using Harvey's Island or your own player's house, decorate a room of any size in Animal Crossing: New Horizons that's fit for a birthday celebration for either Ruby or Étoile.
How To Submit🎉

Once the celebration is ready, post the following within this thread by December 24 at 11:59 p.m. EST:
  • TWO screenshots (one of your completed birthday celebration scene, and the other of your player character in the scene saying your TBT username)
  • The name of the villager your birthday celebration scene is for (either Ruby or Étoile)
Please do not submit additional screenshots beyond the two required.

Rules🎉

• All entries must be original. No copying from someone else or submitting something you found elsewhere
  • Entries should have a clear theme for the birthday celebration (e.g.: think a celebratory dinner, princess-themed, galaxy-themed, etc.)
  • A reasonable amount of effort should be put into your submission. Low-effort entries or joke entries will not be accepted
  • Your entry must be suitable for a PG-13 audience and not violate our Rules and Guidelines
  • Your entry must contain only two screenshots: the interior and the proof
  • Your entry must contain the name of the villager the birthday scene is for (Ruby or Étoile)
  • Only one entry per person
  • Do not edit your screenshots, or use in-game photo filters & frames
  • Please do not edit your submission once posted
Prizes🎉

• 45 Gumdrops for your accepted entry
After the submission period ends on December 24 at 11:59 p.m. EST, entries will be presented to the staff team for internal voting. Staff nominations will then go to a public poll for the community to vote on their favorites.

Community Favorite Prizes:
  • 1st place: Gold Trophy collectible and your choice of any glow wand collectible (including any super rare recolored wand that may appear in 12 Days of Collectibles, but excluding the animated moon wand)
  • 2nd place: Silver Trophy collectible
  • 3rd place: Bronze Trophy collectible
  • 1st - 5th place: 200 bells
If your entry is nominated by staff and goes to the public poll, you will also receive an additional 45 Gumdrops.

Frequently Asked Questions
🎉

Q: May player characters, villagers, or NPCs be in the screenshots?
A:
Yes.

Q: Can I use items from the Happy Home Paradise DLC?
A:
Yes, you may. This includes the use of additional functions such as accent walls and polishing effects.

Q: Can I Use Custom Designs Created by Other People?
A:
Of course!

Q: Can I Exclude My Player Character From the Scene?
A:
Yes; however, they must still be in your proof photo saying your TBT username.

Q: Can I Design a Scene for Both Villagers?
A:
No, please choose either Ruby or Étoile to decorate a celebration for.

Q: I Can’t Upload Screenshots. Can I Submit a Photo of My Screen Instead?
A:
You may, but please remember to take two photos: one of the scene, and one of your proof within the same scene. If you opt to take a photo of your screen, please ensure the photo is clear. Otherwise, you may be asked to resubmit.

Q: Can I Use a Custom Design That Says My TBT Username Instead of Showing My Character Saying It?
A:
Yes, this would be fine!

Last edited:
Happy birthday to Ruby! Since her birthday is in the winter, I used the winter carnival theme, which has a carousel, stalls, and a stage for the birthday table. It also has pink star lights and aqua blue ambient light to reflect her choice of colors. She’s also given a carrot cake since rabbits like carrots.

IMG_1846.jpeg

IMG_1848.jpeg

1702542131589.jpeg
1702541915735.jpeg

I chose Étoile because I have her amiibo card so I could make a scene of my villagers singing happy birthday to her! I went for a sweet theme, I hope that comes across!

Last edited by a moderator:
View attachment 525108View attachment 525109View attachment 525111View attachment 525110
I chose Étoile because I have her amiibo card so I could make a scene of my villagers singing happy birthday to her! I went for a sweet theme, I hope that comes across!
I love the sweet theme! It looks so inviting.

Would you be able to confirm which of the first three screenshots is your entry submission? Only two total screenshots should be submitted (one interior photo, and one proof photo).

Thank you! :)

A sleepover birthday party for Étoile. She enjoys her perfect party on her warm and welcoming house during the winter's cold reign. The cake is strawberry flavored and the plush toys served as her additional guests to her birthday party. It is like a party that she's experienced in her dreams.
2023121507544700-02CB906EA538A35643C1E1484C4B947D.jpg

2023121507560900-02CB906EA538A35643C1E1484C4B947D.jpg

My Entry:

rsz_bleh.jpg

Me and my Ataraxian Villagers felt awful that Etolie's birthday wasn't celebrated as much, and we decided to change that. Julian brought all the wall decorations, and Twiggy brought all the food. Nan made the cake, and Olivia and Vivian designed the room (with my help of course); and we all brought her some lovely gifts.

I wanted some Christmasy items still, because I don't think she would not celebrate it, having a party and more people around her this year really brought her spirits up~!

rsz_blegh.jpg

2023121513283200-02CB906EA538A35643C1E1484C4B947D.jpg

🐇🐇🐇

Let us go back, back in time.... Yes, to the very first birthday of our true savior, Ruby. See how peacefully she slumbers in her little woven bed. An angel has come down from the star that shines like a diamond in the sky to bless her and all the partygoers tonight. Let us thank the blue donkey that has guided the little rabbit family through the long flight, and look! Three wise tanuki have come with gifts in celebration of the very first birthday - one brings gold to symbolize the earth, the other brings forest incense as a sign of worship, and the last brings myrrh, to ward off misfortune. The very first birthday party even had a scrumptious little cupcake and balloons~ what? Those are objects beyond their time and comprehension? .....Well, a nativity counts as a birthday, too! Quite literally the birth of someone very precious to us. Don't think about it too hard, just enjoy the party!

That sweet baby Ruby you see on the tiny bed... It's a custom design I drew myself!

2023121513311900-02CB906EA538A35643C1E1484C4B947D.jpg

Can we use another resident character on our island for the island rep? (I’d want to use Nicholas’ character rather than mine.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back