• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

North Pole Ornament Workshop

Status
Not open for further replies.
ornament zerous.jpg

I made a Christmas tree ornament from plants in my garden + some dying flowers I had! Added some ribbon for tinsel ☺️🎄
Ornament matierials.jpg

T'was the first of December when news did arrive
That Azzy was moving to a place she could thrive
So she packed up her stuff and hopped in the truck
But she overlooked one detail, as is her luck.
With her stuff packed in boxes and scattered about

There's no way she'd have where it all was figured out TT-TT

Welcome to Azzy's Ornament Project where we have paper, scissors, thread, and wood glue. Please appreciate the lack of color that stems from all the art supplies that are currently MIA. Pay respect to the lost and hope they are recovered by the time the next TBT event rolls around.

20231223_125518.jpg

20231223_124916.jpg

20231224_164047.jpg

Introducing Froststar Man as a Christmas tree decoration! The superhero of Christmas who actually does all the work that that fake Santa is credited for...

Ya'll have no idea how long it took me to come up with something with my lack of materials and being stuck at home with covid for the last week... 😭😅

Materials:
20231224_164639.jpg

This probably my fave ice type Pokemon Snom. I used clay, paint, glitter and ribbon to make him.
IMG_6542.jpeg

Materials:
IMG_6534.jpeg

Front view of modelled clay before paint:
IMG_6530.jpeg

Side view of modelled clay before paint:
IMG_6531.jpeg

Alternate side view of finished Snom:
IMG_6541.jpeg

Screenshot_20231224_135529_Gallery.jpg

I've always set out to make a parol ornament for this event, but never had a chance before today during this busy Christmas season. Here is what I could whip up with materials that my dear nieces shared with me as I'm celebrating Christmas Eve with my family today.

The parol is a Filipino ornamental lantern displayed during the Christmas season. This star-shaped lantern can be found hanging outside homes, and symbolizes the victory of light over darkness as well as hope, goodwill, and shared faith. As a Filipino Christian, it's a beautiful reminder of the star of Bethlehem that guided the Three Wise Men on their way in search of Baby Jesus. The parol ornament I made has colors of the Philippine flag. 🇵🇭

Materials used:
Screenshot_20231224_135833_Gallery.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back