• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

North Pole Ornament Workshop

Status
Not open for further replies.
I made hanging gift presents from index cards!

20231224_063847.jpg

20231224_064002.jpg

Admittedly I skipped over the part where I had to have a picture with the materials šŸ˜­ Iā€™m out of the house rn until the deadline so unfortunately I wonā€™t be able to take another picture with materials. I had a picture though where you can see the index cards at the corner, plus I just used some yarn and crochet a few knots. Hope thatā€™s okay! If not I totally understand. ^^

Merry Christmas Eve! I made an ornament out of an actual cookie I made from scratch. The cookie was baked and decorated as usual. Then coated with some silica gel (the kind used for preserving dried flowers). I've done this before and they last forever :)

1000010003.jpg

1000010006.jpg

Cookies, sprinkles, and icing. Silica gel isn't pictured because I used my neighbor's and I forgot to take a picture before giving it back :") I hope that's ok

1000010005.jpg

Extra cookies I made! There were more but they got eaten :")

The spirit of the season comes to life off the pages of a book. All aboard for the adventures that await!
GCKYvBRX0AATbQN.jpg

GCKZf3cWwAAAe91.jpg
GCKd7TrXgAAvcEF.jpg
I started by making the book turning a hanging file into "fake leather" for the cover of the book. I also accidentally dyed the counter green from the folder soaking. That was fun:ROFLMAO: Adding this to cardboard made a book I was very happy with.

GCKgCzGW4AAT9yg.jpg

First figure I made out of clay and tinfoil to keep the piece light, unfortunately this one ended up being to large for the piece.
GCKgP2wXsAA1Slh.jpg

The train took me forever, but I'm really happy with it.
GCKgCzGWgAA_Mk7.jpg

Made the sky in photoshop, but I need to find a better solution to not get clay "mess" on it by accident. I ended up getting a few cracks but was able to seal them with modge podge.
GCKgCy_WMAAXYZG.jpg

And my scariest moment was combining the two pieces together in hopes they wouldn't separate when being suspended. Thankfully the hot glue is holding strong, and the tinfoil made a huge difference in weight.

GCKgCzAXAAAvDIg.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back