• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

White Elephant Creations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeremy

Staff
Administrator
Site Owner
Bells
Island
Númenor
Golden Watering Can
Red Pansy
White Pansy
White Pansy
Red Hyacinth
Yellow Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
White Rose
Purple Violet
White Lily
1702492542273.png

Our famous prompt-based creative activity is back, this time with a spin from the infamous party game known as a white elephant gift exchange. If you're reading this before December 20th, do not start creating yet because your prompts may be mercilessly (or mercifully) stolen from you. In White Elephant Creations you'll be able to swap either of your randomized words with another user's.

Task 🐘

You can see your starting and currently pending prompt in your sidebar or by clicking here. This activity has two phases. During the first and current phase, you may steal prompts from other users or have your own prompts stolen from you. On December 20th the swapped prompts will change and you may start drawing your creation based on the two words, one adjective and one noun.

December 13th - December 19th:
Now is your chance to influence the prompt that you must draw. If you'd like to steal someone's left word, send them a White Elephant Left Swap Token. If you'd like to steal someone's right word, send them a White Elephant Right Swap Token. However, there's a catch! Everyone's current prompt will not be public until the 20th, so if you're not the first one to steal from someone, you'll end up with their last swapped prompt.

You'll start with one of each swap token, but if someone swaps with you, you'll get another token to swap with someone else (or the same person).

December 20th - December 31st: (Now open for submissions!)
Once the prompts are locked in on December 20th, your task will be to draw a unique creation based on your two words. It's up to your interpretation, so be creative!

Submit your drawing in this thread by 11:59 PM EST on December 31st. Your TBT username must be visible somewhere in the image, either on a name card or written directly on the image. Please also include your two assigned words and a sentence or two explaining how you incorporated them into your design.

Rules 🐘

• Do not start drawing your entry until the prompts are locked in on December 20th.
  • Entries must be your own work.
  • No AI-generated images are allowed.
  • Your design entry must relate to your assigned prompt.
  • A reasonable amount of effort should be put into your creations. Submissions that appear rushed or made as a joke won't be accepted.
  • All entries submitted are final. Please do not edit your entry after submission unless asked to by a staff member.
  • Your username must be visible somewhere in your submission.
  • Keep all creations appropriate for a PG-13 audience.

Prizes 🐘

45 Gumdrops
for your accepted entry.

After the submission period ends on December 31st at 11:59 p.m. EST, entries will be presented to the staff team for internal voting. Staff nominations will then go to a public poll for the community to vote on their favorites.

Community Favorite Prizes:

All entries nominated by staff for the public poll will earn an additional 45 Gumdrops.
  • 1st place: Gold Trophy collectible and your choice of any glow wand collectible (including any super rare recolored wand that may appear in 12 Days of Collectibles, but excluding the animated moon wand)
  • 2nd place: Silver Trophy collectible
  • 3rd place: Bronze Trophy collectible
  • 1st - 5th place: 200 bells

1702500165099.png

Last edited:
Sorry, can I ask a question? If I want to try my luck and not change the “tips”. Then on December 20th they will just freeze on my page and then I can draw? (or can they be completely stolen before the 20th?)

I wanna change my prompt but I don’t want to make anyone mad by stealing theirs 😭
Same! But...mine has been stolen/ swapped - (the right side prompt) so I don't know what I actually have as of now. Feel free to swap out with either of mine.

I fully volunteer to have mine stolen. 🖐️"Triangular Myrrh"? It's so... mundane.

I also volunteer to have my prompts stolen, especially "stuffed" lol

I have no clue what I’d do with mine so happy if anyone wants it. I’m sure pipers are very nice but with my drawing skills they wouldn’t be happy 😂

i am absolutely down to have mine stolen just for some variety, although this could be worse..

EDIT: HAHA THANKS FOR THE TOKENS

I think I successfully stole the words I want! So my title no more steal >:[ Maybe? I have no idea what it's at now. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Last edited:
I've already had 2 people swap with me, time to see what my new prompt is

um. oops? I misunderstood the process of stealing prompts. (i think)
edit: yep I did. It said to send, and i thought that meant donate, so... hope you enjoy extra tokens!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back