• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

How spicy do you like your food? 🔥

How spicy do you like your food?

• Total voters
if it's super duper mild i can tolerate it! but if it gets to the point that i can't handle a few bites without needing to drink a bunch of cold water or something, then it's a no go for me. if i'm looking at a menu or something i usually won't go past the 1 spicy pepper warning 🌶

I love spicy food; a lot of my homemade dishes have a spiciness to it.
I also really love using chili oil (enough to numb your lips and make your nose runny) but it gives it a nice flavor and I enjoy it!

I'm not a fan of spicy food at all, I have a terrible spice tolerance. I can eat mild at most, but I don't prefer it so I went with no chili/heat.

I love spicy food. Buffalo sauce, Cajun seasoning, jalapeños, Pepper Jack cheese, etc. Delightful.

I definitely have a tolerance limit, because I tried some ghost pepper chips on like the day after Christmas a few years ago and it's a good thing I had milk and Christmas cookies around because I needed the milk and the sugar of the cookies to counteract the capsaicin assault on my tongue.

I need to explore more of the peppers between Jalapeño and Ghost on the capsaicin scale to see where my limit lies.

It depends on the food in question Some foods simply do not taste very good when made spicy, and some foods must use the spice sparingly or else they just taste rotten. It's not a matter of tolerance, it's a matter of incompatible flavor combinations.

Chicken wings and ramen have virtually no limit to how much spice they can have before I grow to dislike them. Most Mexican dishes (or what non-Mexican people describe as Mexican cuisine anyway) also have a very high ceiling for how spicy it can get before it just starts to distort the flavor. But I find anything that involves sausage (despite how popular it is to be made spicy) to taste less good the spicier it is.

I don't typically care for a lot of heat on pizza, at all. And I find most spicy snack foods (spicy Cheetos, etc.) quite unpleasant.

i love spice, i'd say "hot" is usually where i'm most comfortable. on an occasion, i could do extra spicy, but it depends on my mood. as much as i love spicy things, though, my body does not :,)

ordinarily I like to go for a little heat (to me) because I usually find that the feeling of spice complements my preferred flavors very well a lot of the time. but I also like eating things that are hot enough to ruin my day, such that my face muscles start twitching involuntarily and my eyes start pouring over with tears, because I like the high. that habit has made my expectations for heat to be high enough that I am usually right to be doubtful if anyone calls something hot because I will usually find that it's very underwhelming or hardly spicy at all. "a little heat" ends up being somewhere around fresh jalapenos for me.

I can't have spicy food all the time because my stomach will kill me later, but it's just so good that I have to sometimes. 😭 I feel like I generally prefer a medium range, but I can do higher. I always have Buldak instant noodles around and I've been really into the original flavour lately which is quite spicy for me. I usually add things like cheese, milk, etc. to cut the spice but I still end up suffering the consequences later, so it's really a love hate relationship lol. I also find that if it's more spicy, especially on the level that buldak noodles are, I actually find the spice the most tolerable and easy to deal with if I don't' have anything to drink. I usually only drink when I'm done my meal... I used to drink between eating but I found that made the spice worse. 😅

I like mild-hot spicy food, especially when it's hot outside - I think it chases mosquitoes, not sure - or when I'm mad or stressed out.
Now I don't think I can tolerate ultra spicy food like some, my tolerance in spicy is the regular Buldak fire noodles, I think it's spicy enough for me. Sometimes when I make my own tteokbokki I made them just spicy enough to make me cry.

Once I went to a Thai restaurant serving spicy seafood soup, it was not the hottest on the menu but it was so delicious, still craving it.
It's like a kind of drug...

I love Thai Green Curry; I think that's pretty spicy? The sushi place down the road also has these super spicy sushi rolls that are like.. covered in chili flakes or some kinda reddish-orange stuff, and I don't hate eating those! Not sure I could eat anything spicier than that but who knows.

I used to be into the medium/hot variety, but can now only do mild or no spice. I like when the spices used add to the overall flavor rather than being so powerful all I taste/feel is heat.

Someone made me do this one chip challenge and my mouth and throat were on fire for 30 minutes. 🥲

I really don't like spicy food, unless it's mild, because otherwise my mouth feels like is on fire. I much prefer saltier things.

Was just talking about this before leaving work, they were handing out very hot wings. While it was appreciated it, they were HOT- like oh dear Lord my gums hot lol

Anyway, I like just enough kick to compliment what I’m eating (like just “hot” when ordering buffalo wings); anything hotter and I feel like I’m fighting with my food. Could also be because my gums are sensitive nowadays

I like spicy food :p

My favourite spicy food is a chill powder covered sushi roll filled with crumbed chicken and cream cheese served with spicy mayo :p

i love spicy food! i eat a lot of it because of how i was raised. i’m not sure what constitutes as “on fire” but if it’s by american standards then yes, on fire. but i will judge by asian standards and just say that i like my food on the hot side :>

I pretty much live my life in the no spice category. I would like to tell you that I enjoy some things with a little spice (because I think I do) but what I am calling "spicy" when I say that is what other people would call not spicy at all, I'm quite sensitive to even a little bit of heat.

When I get to pick the spice level, I always pick medium. I enjoy spicy food a lot, as long as it's not so spicy that all you taste is your mouth on fire and not the actual flavour of the food.

Back