• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

In general, do you prefer wearing long sleeves or short sleeves?

Do you generally prefer long sleeves or short sleeves?

• I prefer long sleeves

Votes: 22 41.5%
  • I prefer short sleeves

Votes: 26 49.1%
  • I prefer sleeveless tops

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • I prefer any long pants

Votes: 17 32.1%
  • I prefer longer shorts (reaching the knee or just above the knee)

Votes: 11 20.8%
  • I prefer shorter shorts (mid-thigh or higher)

Votes: 5 9.4%
  • I don't have a preference / I haven't thought about it

Votes: 4 7.5%

• Total voters
I prefer long sleeves but I usually roll up or push up my sleeves a lot of the time so I also really like those 3/4 sleeve kind of tops. When it's summer I'll wear short sleeve tops but you'll pretty much never see me in a sleeveless top or anything with thinner straps.

For legs I also prefer long pants for the most part then dresses/skirts and then shorts are probably my least favourite. I find shorts to be one of the hardest things ever to shop for! The shorts that I do like the best are jean cutoff shorts that I make myself because then I can control the length to be perfect.

I wear short-sleeved tops, as they are much more comfortable. However, in autumn and winter, I will wear a short-sleeved top, some long pants, winter boots, and an unbuttoned sweater, or a coat, depending on how cold it is.

In the summer, I wear a sleeveless tank top, shorts, and some sandals, as I feel I sweat a lot from even wearing a short-sleeved shirt, pants, and sneakers.

It varies based on the weather, but my preference is long sleeves and long pants. I love late spring and early fall temperatures when I can wear long sleeves without a jacket and feel perfectly comfortable. I hate layers!

Long sleeved mens or unisex t-shirts are my favorites, but as it gets colder I'll progress to sweatshirts and sweaters. I like them nice and baggy, unrestrictive, and I love when the sleeves are long enough for me to pull my hands inside to keep them warm.

I wear short sleeves in the summer and I don't mind them as long they're not too short or too tight. Again, I prefer mens t-shirts where the 'short' sleeve nearly reaches my elbow, but it's loose and allows air flow. You will never see me wearing anything sleeveless or with tiny cap sleeves. I am extremely uncomfortable showing my upper arms and shoulders.

I used to wear shorts all the time in the summer and I loved short shorts, but those days have passed. I still think I have pretty nice legs, but I'd rather wear tight jeans or leggings now.

I generally prefer short sleeves for tops. Normally, I wear T-shirts that are loose and comfy, especially during the spring and summer months. I only wear jackets with long sleeves during winter since I don't get cold often. I hate sleeveless tops though like tank tops.

For pants, I almost always wear shorts both indoors and outdoors. I only wear long sweatpants in fall or winter when it's colder. Otherwise, I find that shorts are much comfier for me to wear, especially while I'm sleeping. Long pants are just so uncomfortable to wear in bed and I can't fall asleep at night while I'm wearing them. Besides that, I only wear jeans during formal occasions or family get-togethers.

I prefer short sleeves. With long sleeves you have to roll em up every time you wash your hands. I find that annoying. Especially if it’s a cuffed sleeve, because I can only pull the sleeves back by an inch at most.

I like long sleeves, especially when it's cold or I'm working outside. I'll wear short sleeves in the house in warmer weather, but when i go outside (gardening or whatever) I have some "sleeves" I wear to cover my arms. I think they're called farmer's defense sleeves or something. Keeps my arms protected.

Short sleeves definitely. I'm fine with long sleeves, but short sleeves are efficient. I could just wear a jacket or hoodie over it if I'm cold, then take it off if I feel hot.
As for pants or shorts, pants. My legs are more sensitive to the cold than my arms.

Depends on the season and weather. If it's warm or hot short sleeves, if it's cold or bitter long sleeves. Also if it's raining I'll probably wear long sleeves and a jacket or something. I work outside a lot for my job so I have to dress appropriately for the season. Otherwise I'll freeze or sweat to death.

I almost always wear hoodies, so I guess long sleeves would be my answer, even though I often roll them up. As for shirts, I only wear short sleeves. Long sleeve shirts and tank tops are a no-go for me.

As for pants, I strictly wear regular long pants, and I'll only wear shorts (usually long, as I find shorter shorts too revealing) during very warm weather.

I like wearing shorts and short sleeve shirts as I like not feeling restricted. But I wear pants for work and long sleeves in winter only because it gets cold during the winter months.

i have a lot of tattoos on my arms but funnily enough, i'm the mostly wearing sweatshirts all the time. i'm always pretty anxious, so sweatshirts feel like a safety blanket for me. i do like wearing short sleeves as much as i can, because i like being able to see all my tattoos.

i wear the shortest shorts i can possibly buy. partly because i've always liked showing my legs, partly because i get really hot really easily, especially in the summer. i'm really into sweatshorts rn because they're super comfy, and all black ones can basically be worn anywhere. i used to wear jean shorts every day in middle school and that makes me want to sob looking back. i was wearing them in GYM. wild times. but overall, i prefer wearing sweatpants nowadays. i wore jeans almost everyday for the first 18 years of my life and i don't know what i was thinking.

I would say I like both equally. Obviously it is weather dependent. But I don't have a strong preference over one or the other. Long sleeves are cozy and I like being cozy and warm, but I like short sleeves because I can show off my tattoos. Plus, who wants to wear long sleeves in the summer? Though I think I would like a SPF long sleeve as I am quite pale and I do not like sunburns.

Depends on the weather hahah,
I honestly like every type of sleeve length as long as it fits well and doesn’t make me feel too warm,
But I do prefer longer pants over shorts most times - I only wear shorts when it’s really hot out

I prefer to wear short sleeves. I have seasonal affective disorder, and I find that wearing short sleeves (even if it's cold outside) actually improves my mood - it's like tricking my brain into thinking it's summer. However, I live in Canada, meaning often it's so cold I can't bear to wear short sleeves 😅

I don't really have a preference for short-sleeved or long-sleeved clothes, I usually go with the temperature outside. That said, I do not like tank tops. I feel really insecure in them because I've associated tank tops with people with nice arm muscles, which I do not (I have semi-noodle arms lol). As for pants, I usually wear jeans because I like the way I look in them, but if the weather is hot, then I will definitely be wearing shorts lol.

outside i normally wear long pants, but if i have to i’ll wear longer shorts. at home, however, you will never catch me wearing either. i love short shorts! same thing goes for shirts, i exclusively wear short sleeved t-shirts

Back