• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

How do you use your flowers?

Irescien

*✧Operating on 1 braincell✧*
Bells
White Cosmos
Red Cosmos
This is kindof a weird question but it's been on my mind since coming back to New Leaf. I'm wondering how people utilize flowers when decorating in New leaf, I feel like for most people that was a big part of decorating because there needs to be gaps between PWPs, and buildings, and trees, so often flowers are used to fill up spaces.

I think personally I maybe use too many, I think almost every square inch of my town is covered in flowers lol. But something I did when I started getting more hybrids flowers (meaning more variety) is around each villagers house I would choose two flowers I thought matched either their house or their vibe and surrounded it with the flowers in alternating spots. Personally I really liked how it looked and started to come up with different combinations, started putting some around other buildings and PWPs and now that I'm playing again I think my plan is to get rid of all the areas on my island that just have random clusters of flowers and see if I can make everything more cohesive

IMG_7795.jpg

IMG_7796.jpg

So how do others choose to decorate? Did you choose a certain colour scheme for the entire island and stick to those colours? Did you go full rainbow and have a huge wildflower field? I'm curious, and pictures are welcome :>

Certain areas of my town have collections of different colored flowers and other areas of my town have no flowers at all. Most of my flowers are concentrated in the northern half of my town, as the southern half has a different layout. All of my fountains also have at least one row of flowers around them as well. c:

I use them mainly to decorate in front of houses. I don’t really have paths but love how yours look so might have to give it a go!

In NL I used flowers to fill lots of my areas in town completely. All around my pathi areas, near shops etc .To do that I made many trips to the island on a single day and stole the flowers from tours!

Then when I bred hybrids or acquired hybrids from trades ect I dug up a basic flower and replaced it... Apart from a few places where I just made new little flower areas for special ones. All this was made possible by the Beautiful Town ordinance of course

I use them next to most of my paths and also fill large areas with them in certain colour patterns. One of my larger areas has flowers around the illuminated public works projects for example.

I built a very big flower garden/park area and then some parts of the town I lined the path with flowers to navigate players where everything is. It took a lot of time and patience with breeding the different flower types, but I think the garden turned out very nice.

I hoarded flowers. They're pretty much everywhere to the point where I can't really run around my town 😂 If I had the patience, I'd definitely try to incorporate more paths and purge the hoard a bit. For now, the hoard stays. It's a bit nostalgic anyway since it reminds me of when I was obsessed with getting every hybrid out there and making sure no new villagers put their plots on my flowers.

My town ended up just being fields and fields of flowers with clover paths in between!

I've done a few different things with my flowers! For the most part they're just kind of scattered around for kind of a natural+ look (they're probably a little too varied/there's too many hybrids for a totally natural vibe), but I also have a field of white lilies in the bottom right corner. I liked giving my villagers little gardens with flowers I thought they might use or like, or that matched them in some way too!

IMG_6324.jpg

IMG_6331.jpg

IMG_6327.jpg

IMG_6325.jpg

IMG_6328.jpg

IMG_6329.jpg

IMG_6330.jpg

i place my flowers next to my path and basically anywhere that there's a gap to prevent anything unwanted from sprouting like weeds etc. i used to have my flowers patterned as pink and white but i mostly switched over to either all pink or purple/pink in some areas.

pretty much have flowers lining all my pathways. at one point i had designs down on the ground but at some point i removed them all so the flowers have eaten away at my walkways. since starting to play it again for the event i've been digging up any spread and tidying up my paths. :)

My flowers are throughout all of my town, in a specific pattern with two certain colors. I also have a few with only one color, white around my campsite and nothing but purple pansies around my Cafe.

There are flowers all over my town and I use them to fill out my town. I especially have all the hybrids around.

I like putting on my beach to breed them and then scatter them all over my town. I just put them wherever I think they look the best instead of making those huge fields with patterns.

In New Leaf I used them to line my paths. I arranged them in a colour pattern, but I think I used a variety of breeds.

I love the way you’ve incorporated flowers. I never took the time to learn how to make hybrids so I just have a ton of random ones everywhere haha

Back