• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

How spicy do you like your food? 🔥

How spicy do you like your food?

• Total voters

S.J.

💜
Bells
Island
Red Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
Orange Hybrid Rose
Purple Hybrid Rose
Golden Watering Can
Red Rose
Red Rose
Red Hyacinth
Yellow Hyacinth
Probably once a week I buy noodles for lunch, and you can choose how much chilli they add. No chilli is kind of boring, but if I get mild, I have to eat really slowly because I feel like my mouth is on fire. 😭

Curious whether people prefer spicy food or not?

I just like spiciness if it’s offset by nice greens most of the time, capsicums/bell peppers are nice though. I like cooking broccoli and chilli flakes and lemon pepper together, the broccoli refreshes the palette while the chilli flakes and lemon pepper are energising.

there is no way i go over “medium” so i voted for mild lol.

Preferably no heat since I am not a fan of spicy food. At most, I can tolerate mild spice. Anything else and my mouth just burns too much after 1 bite, lol.

I love spicy and I tend to be extreme with it and I add hot sauce to a lot of things. However, I don't like to sacrifice flavor for spice.

Last edited:
I honestly just don’t care to have my food be spicy. I can tolerate it on certain things but I never specifically go out of my way to get something spicy.

i am and always have been a no spice/very mild spice girly. i grew up pretty much only eating the food that my family made or brought home, and since they are all no spice girlies as well, i’ve never had much of an opportunity to build a spice tolerance— even black pepper was too spicy for me when i was a kid 😭

my spice tolerance has thankfully increased over the years lol, and there are so many spicy foods out there that look absolutely delicious to me, but i’m just generally not really a fan of spice. i don’t mind mild spiciness, but if my eyes are watering, i’m coughing, i’m having to take several sips of my drink between each bite, my mouth feels like it’s on fire instead of just tingling etc, that isn’t enjoyable to me. i want to enjoy the food i eat, not feel like it’s put me into a sauna LOL. i’ll go for something spicy if i’m craving it, but for the most part i am a no spice/mild girl <3

i also have a gastrointestinal disorder, so anything above mildly spicy wouldn’t be a good idea for me, anyways
IMG_2750.png

Oh if it wasn't for the spicy chicken tenders at Burger King I had during 2014 I would've never liked spicy food.
I mean back when I first tried it I became addicted to it! Then suddenly the addiction stopped.
I still like it to this day, I just won't go too overboard like I did from 9 years ago.

Also, ain't no way I'm ever touching anything over the limit of buffalo spiciness, I don't wanna have to experience the true pain like my brother did with the Trinidad Scorpion Pepper he had back in 2015. I'd tell the rest of what happened to my brother, but let's leave it at this.

I don't need everything to be spicy, but I do love meals with a nice medium-spicy kick to them, especially when it's a sweet and spicy or sour and spicy combo. (Although I acknowledge that my medium spicy might be mild to the next person ahaha.) For some reason if food is making my face hot and my eyes watery I'm just like "oh my god this is delicious" LOL
Now I'm craving this really good sauerkraut I had one time that took me forever to finish because it was so hot... I'm gonna have to see if we can get that stuff again. 😅

The only spicy thing I willingly eat is pepperoni. I have really low spice tolerance and just don't like it.
Coincidentally I just had pepperoni a few hours ago that I think made me sick...

I can tolerate fairly spicy food but I most enjoy having just a bit of spice to enhance the food rather than testing my limits every time, so medium or mild is good.

Last edited:
When I was in college and even younger: as spicy as they can make it 🔥

Nowadays I’d say it’s caught up with me so medium is good enough for me 💧

I have to stick to mild (and still be careful). Sometimes I can do medium, but it is generally a bad idea for me since I have health problems and it can cause a flare. I like spicy but spicy don't like me. As a kid I use to put pickled jalapenos in my grilled cheese. It was good. Can't do that now.

---------------------
Cream cheese or ranch can help with heat if anyone is sensitive and if it goes with the dish.
Wendy's ghost pepper ranch sauce is mild because of the ranch.
Ranch can turn the heat down on buffalo sauce but still taste like buffalo sauce.

As spicy as I can take it. I have a high tolerance for spicy foods. Of course it also depends on the type of food. Mexican needs to be spicy. Some Asian foods like Indian need to be toned down but not too much.

As spicy as possible! I have a high tolerance for spicy foods, so I don't generally care how spicy something is. It definitely adds some good flavor to otherwise boring dishes.

One time I ate a super spicy pepper with my food at a restaurant and didn't even bother drinking anything afterwards. One of the people next to us kind of side-eyed me with a disturbed expression. :ROFLMAO:

With very few exceptions, I prefer my food to have no heat at all. A small hint of spiciness or a light kick can be fine, but anything beyond is not good.

Up until I turned 25 I ate what I could handle, because I loathed the "It's not that spicy" comments from my oldest sibling and parents. It just made me feel bad about myself, like I wasn't Mexican enough (among other reasons). I now suffer because of it. Anything past medium heat will give me painful heartburn at night. Even a small bag of Hot Cheetos. It acts up even more when I'm stressed out.

i am weak and cannot handle spicy food but i've been trying to work on that (;•͈́༚•͈̀)
my family eats a lot of traditional dishes (my whole family is a mix of chinese, laos, cambodia) and many of the dishes are made to be spicy so they have to accommodate for the couple of us who don't eat spicy

Back