• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Food that you could eat every day for the rest of your life?

I feel like a lot of the foods I love would get boring after one or some weeks. So: skittles. Final answer, because a. I absolutely have a weakness for sugar and b. even if I am somehow not feeling it one day I'm sure I could manage my one daily skittle. ^^

After peer review of similar comments like these, I agree, it would be too much to try to eat the same for EVERY meal. So I changed the post: you just have to eat that food at least once every day, and could still eat other stuff.
This makes me want to change my original answer to cheesecake.. Cheesecake with whipped cream and a scoop of vanilla ice cream.

Although that would be a lotta calories 😖 It'd have to be a really smol portion. But i don't think i could ever get sick of cheesecake! or maybe homemade chocolate chip cookies.. or muffins...

This makes me want to change my original answer to cheesecake.. Cheesecake with whipped cream and a scoop of vanilla ice cream.

Although that would be a lotta calories 😖 It'd have to be a really smol portion. But i don't think i could ever get sick of cheesecake! or maybe homemade chocolate chip cookies.. or muffins...
LOL, you did still mention cheesecake in your OG post!

Red bean buns or oatmeal.

A good red bean bun is one of my favorite treats. Not overly sweet, but still gives me that satisfaction with a pleasant texture & taste.

Oatmeal has become a part of my routine recently, and there are endless ways to dress it up. My current go-to is cinnamon pumpkin seed, a scoop of peanut butter, a scoop of fig spread, and then topped with blueberries.

I couldn't eat oatmeal for every meal, but easily every day! If I had them handy, I'd eat a red bean bun with every meal. 😋

I think I would have to go with potatoes. I just love potatoes so much, and there's so many tasty ways they can be prepared. Potato pancakes, mashed potatoes, baked potato soup, hash browns, scalloped potatoes, potato chips, tater tots, all the different kinds of french fries... I could easily have potatoes in some form or another every single day without complaint.

Mushrooms. Chestnut mushroom. Perhaps even a mushroom soup

there's no effort to put in at all with chewing them into digestible pieces (a pet peeve i have with most foods) and i never get tired of them!

Mushrooms. Chestnut mushroom. Perhaps even a mushroom soup

there's no effort to put in at all with chewing them into digestible pieces (a pet peeve i have with most foods) and i never get tired of them!
Mushrooms are good! I always like sauteing them. They taste really good that way to.

White rice is something I literally ate multiple times a day every day of my life probably since I had teeth up until my 20s. And I still eat it almost every day. No doubt I could eat it at least once every day again.

Probably white bread, though I feel like that would be cheating if we count all the ways it could be served with and prepared.

A realer answer would probably be Hamburger.

At the moment I would say cheese sandwiches. They have been my obsession for about a month.

Odd thing is, in the past it's something I've always disliked. I felt they needed meat or vegetables alongside it to taste good.

The dish I would eat for the rest of my life: Curry 🍛

I love curry so much! It doesn't matter which curry it is: Indian, Thai, Japanese...if it is a curry I will eat it! I love spicy dishes so it wouldn't matter how spicy it would be. Eating out is expensive so I've been doing research on how I could eat it at home without ordering too many South Asian spices online.

The individual food for the rest of my life:
Potato 🥔

If I can't have lavish curries for the rest of my life and I can only choose one individual fruit, vegetable or fungus I would choose the potato. It is very versatile and where I live we have many different varieties. You can fry them, bake them, boil them, mash them...and they would still be delicious!

Blueberries! When I was a kid I did eat them just about every day. The only thing stopping me from doing it now is that they're expensive

if we're not counting staple foods like rice or bread, the maybe dumplings for me! so many different cultures have their version of dumplings so I dont think I'll get sick of them too quickly.

Back