• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

How spicy do you like your food? 🔥

How spicy do you like your food?

• Total voters
I didn't vote, because I prefer to eat spicy food sometimes, but I wouldn't want to eat it ALL the time. I'd say my tolerance level is medium. When I've ordered spicy food at Indian restaurants I typically select the middle option for spice intensity. I don't like spicy food that feels like it actually wants to hurt me, but I enjoy a good moderately spiced Indian or Mexican dish. I sort of got out of the habit of making spicy food for myself after my stomach lining dramatically eroded and I had to slowly rebuild it . . . but I miss the spice!

I like my food with medium to no spice. My spice tolerance is pretty low, like once my cousin gave me a small jalapeno seed to try and I HATED IT cuz it nearly set my tongue on fire and had to chug down on water after eating it. While I like adding some chutney sauce to my meals and eating Indian food with a bit of spice, it's definitely my least favorite flavor. I really don't want to eat anything that burns my mouth.

Last edited:
I like zero spice. Think about "white people spice"... I'm worse than that lol. I even find too much black pepper to be spicy sometimes ahahha. It'll make me cough.

I just don't like the tingly feeling on my mouth or tongue. Tbh I also don't even really like the flavour of spicy peppers to begin with so the whole thing is just a disaster for me.

as spicy as i can handle!! which is probably like the second spiciest level (i cannot handle the super spicy challenges like those black korean noodles or the level 10 spicy chicken wings). grew up liking spicy food since my dad is super into spicy food too. my boyfriend wasn't a fan but as the years went by, I've pretty much influenced him to increase his spicy tolerance LOL

I like spicy foods that have a little bit of a kick but not so spicy that my mouth burns. I get sick if I eat something that is too spicy for me. I once threw up after eating what I think might have been a ghost pepper stuffed with sausage. It was awful going through that.

My opinions have changed since the last time I posted, so:

I don’t hate spicy foods, but I don’t really like them. The most I can tolerate would probably be hot, but I definitely prefer medium and mild. I still think other flavors in the savory category are better (more like the other flavor, which is salty).

I like a mild spiciness, but I think my tolerance has gone up so maybe medium is the most i can do? I like having a bit of a kick but I don't want my mouth hurting while I eat, then I can't taste anything!

Last edited:
I generally like mild, because at some point it gets too spicy and while the food might be tasty, I can't physically eat any more due to the physical pain/sting. This makes me really sad when it happens because usually the food is otherwise tasty and I want to scarf it down, but the spice makes me have to really slow down!
The other part of it is that until I know how spicy a particular establishment tends to make things, mild spiciness is usually the best option. There are so many factors when it comes to estimating spicy levels.. how spicy most restaurants in the area gravitate to, probably based on the general palate of that area (a restaurant that caters to spice loving customers in general has a totally different 1-10 scale than a restaurant that caters to people who take their food bland!), how spice tolerant you appear (one of my Caucasian friends in college really liked spicy food, but the local Thai restaurant always underspiced his food when he ordered, so sometimes he would have his Asian friend order and then they would get the spiciness right;)), and how much spice tolerance might have built up recently because it definitely is something you can train up for!

if i'm not sweating what's the point

i'm indian and have a pretty high spice tolerance though

My perfect spice level can be easily explained in one Wingstop flavor: Louisiana Rub 🔥🔥🔥 I can't get enough of it.

Also I put this **** on everything lolol 😂 mac and cheese, tacos, hot dogs, burgers, you name it.

1708464223036.png

Since covid I have hard time with spicy food, I feel like it just burns all my mouth without any complex flavors, I bought some carbonara fire noodles to train my mouth to endure it, not sure it will work though.
I like or used to like it hot, but not too hot. Once I went to a Thai restaurant serving spicy mussel soup it was so delicious. Edit: Oh sorry I already talked about this anecdote in a previous post, that soup will stay in my mind forever I suppose.

I like mild to medium spice in dishes. I used to like spicier food, but I've become more of a wimp as time goes on. Sometimes it's nice to not have any spice though and enjoy the flavors in the dish without the spice being overwhelming.

if i'm not sweating what's the point

One of my good friends keeps telling me I need to watch Hot Ones. Apparently, that show is essentially based on this statement, amirite? Maybe I'm secretly avoiding all the spicy so I don't reveal my deepest darkest secrets which apparently only come out when everything else is seeping out of your pores too;)

Back