• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Flight Rising General Thread [Registration: 8/15 - 8/20]

Status
Not open for further replies.
@kingdad - I love that rainbow coatl girl! great colors! and thanks @kaydeekrunk! the white eyes look super cool for a seer! :> she is so icy and lovely!

lol when i saw the tittle i thought of a music label (cd songs ) and great dragons by the way ;)

I have a triple sea foam noodle
golden imperial for u and i
The first gen Nocturne to match my female
Russian tundra girl ,In covered in snow
fearsome pitch dark mirror rock
tropical rainbow coatl happniess
Welsh dragon Ridgeback
butterfly girl
fiery phoenix girl

- - - Post Merge - - -

oops-- i didnt know the price got progressively higher to expand your lair each time, and i received more gift dragons and also blew my treasure buying more dragons.:eek::eek:
i guess buying or breeding more will have to wait.

here are the nine newcomers to my lair, a little something for everyone:

he should look like this, like the embodiment of the Welsh flag:

dragon

she should look like this:

dragon

she should look like this:

dragon

Last edited:
It's been a while since I last did one of these, but we've had a lot of new people join, so here we go!

There's a Flight Festival coming up soon! It begins on Sunday morning, immediately after Rollover (00:30).

OVERVIEW ON FESTIVALS AND HOW TO MAKE MONEY FROM THEM​

Overview On How Festivals Work

Each Flight has their own elemental festival during the last week of a designated month. June is Light's month, with the Brightshine Jubilee!

During Festivals, you collect Festival Currency, which you can trade for exclusive festival apparel and familiars at the Festive Favors booth. You can either fight in the coliseum for the currency (monsters of the same element and also neutral element monsters have a chance of dropping currency), Craft currency at Baldwin's Bubbling Brew, or find it by gathering in the same region as the festival. This festival is Light's, so use your gathering turns in Light and fight Light monsters! : D Light's currency is the Immaculate Tablet.

This festival, the best Coliseum farming locations look like they'll be the Arena, Crystal Pools, Sandswept Delta, and Harpy's Roost.

Light's festival is unique in that it is the first festival of the FR year. Each year the staff changes the festival system slightly and implements new features and changes old ones. Things like festival item prices and which items will retire and which will be released again in the future. As such, information in this specific run through may be incorrect or incomplete as it's based off of previous festivals and snippets of information mentioned in announcements.

The Festive Favors booth sells 1 Flight Emblem, 1 Familiar, 1 Themed Vista that is part of a set, and 1 Unique Apparel item specific to that flight festival. They cost between 35 and 65 currency each.

There is a new system underway for the Festive Favors items that stops them from being fully retired. It hasn't yet been implemented into the game yet, but you can read more about it in the announcement HERE.

There will also be 6 skins and 6 accents for sale in the Marketplace. They're 35k each, but you can get them for cheaper (29,750) by having someone from Light buy them for you. I encourage TBTers in Light to help buy them for others here. Or if no one is available to buy, go to a Dominance Discount shop in the Item Sales Forum and ask them to buy skins/accents with the discount. Don't forget to leave your buyer a little tip!

Skins and accents are difficult to snipe from the Marketplace on the first few days of the festival. Around the middle of the week they're much easier to buy since the rush has died down. On the every last day, especially as it gets closer and closer to rollover, the Marketplace will turn into a mad frenzy of people trying to buy their skins and accents last minute. So buy your skins and accents during the middle of the week and save yourself the stress.

There are now Skins and Accents available to be crafted at Baldwin's! Each festival, 1 Skin and 1 Accent will be craftable, and obtained exclusively through Baldwin. Their recipe changes from month to month, but they generally require 4 or 5 of two different low-rarity Baldwin materials (usually greens) plus around 10 of a material (like Shale or Salt) that can be found from digging in the festival flight's element. The Skin and Accent recipes are Level 2.

Additionally, you can craft festival currency at Baldwin's as well! There are three recipes for the currency, each for a different quantity. The most useful of them all is the recipe for 20 Currency. In past festivals the recipe was Level 3 and required 1 Grey Slime (gotten from transmuting an apparel) and 1 Copper Muck (gotten from transmuting a familiar)

In the Coliseum and also via Digging, you can find 6 different chests, each containing one of the Marketplace accents/skins. Don't open them. D: They're usually worth more sold unopened than the skin inside is worth, especially around the end of the week, because of their value as a collectible item.

HERE is a magnificent guide to which coliseum venues are best to farm in for festival currency! It's not fully up to date right now because no one is sure which chests will drop from which monsters until the festival actually starts, but check back on it on Sunday and it should be more or less complete by then!

Festivals run from Sunday at 00:30AM server time until Saturday at rollover (midnight server time). So remember to use up all your festival currency and buy the skins and accents you want before then!

Ways To Profit From Festivals

- Sell your currency early in the week. Festivals start on Sundays and end on Saturdays at rollover. At the very beginning of the week, currency can sell for around 2k each, sometimes more in the very early morning on Sunday. It usually drops shortly after that and ends up around 300-500t each at the end of the week. So you can either just outright sell the currency and forego the festival items, or sell them at the beginning of the week and buy them back for cheaper at the end of the week. I usually find around 1 currency for every minute spent farming in the coliseum, so that ends up being 60/hour. Imagine 60k+ per hour in profits.

- Buy popular apparel/familiars/skins/accents to hoard for later. They tend to go up in price as newer players join and want them or players who weren't able to get them during the festival buy them. Takes some time for them to go up in value, but it's overall a good investment.

- Sell extra Baldwin Materials. The skin/accent recipes as well as the currency recipes take only low-rarity Baldwin materials, which are very quick to transmute. During the festival their prices skyrocket as people rush to buy them in order to make more currency, making it a good time to sell.

- Sell your Coli drops. After spending so many hours in the Coli, you're bound to end up with a bunch of loot to sell. : D Even the small stuff is worth a lot in large quantities, especially now that Alchemy has bumped up the prices on so many formerly cheap items and there are new Swipp trades being added all the time. Food sells for around 20t per point on the forums (not per food item, per point), and much higher than that in stacks in the AH.

- Train fodder dragons to exalt at the same time as farming for currency. You'll be in the Coli anyway, so why not?

- Keep an eye on the prices of festival chests. There are occasionally one or two chests that are somehow rarer than the rest, and are worth more because of this. On the last day or two of the festival, they will often skyrocket in price because collectors who haven't found them yet are desperate to complete their collections and buy them.

- Trade festival currency for other retired items or usermade accents/art. During festivals, the Item Sales board is full of people willing to trade their old, retired items, or usermade accents or art for festival currency. It's a once a month chance to be able to work through some of your wishlist items for something that drops in the coliseum pretty regularly, so take advantage of it if there's something you've been wanting! Try to secure a trade in the early part of the week before the value of the currency goes down in order to get a better deal for yourself.

That just about covers the basics. Ask me more questions if you've got them!
I'm serious, walls of text are my specialty. I have a degree in them.

Quick Links

- Festival Coliseum Guide
http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/1388514/1

Haven't finished leveling a team yet?
- Culex's Guide
http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/1040710
- Kiena's Guide - Which also has info on mage/healer builds that might be handy for farming in the Golem Workshop
http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/937136

FAQ

Sure you can! I usually find around 130 or so festival currency in a week's worth of Gathering, which is aaaalmost enough to get one of each Festive Favors item, minus the Emblem, which I personally never see the need to buy. There's also Baldwin's Bubbling Brews, where you can brew up to 20 fest currency at a time! You can also opt to buy festival currency from other users on the forums or in the AH in order to make up the rest of the amount you need/want.
They have a discount of over 5k per skin/accent. A full set of all 12 skins/accents costs 420k without the discount, but only 357k with the discount. That's a savings of 63k per set. You could get two more skins for that much.

Last edited:

managed to scrap enough but still kinda buying cause im poor af lol

old wc's ftw

cool, like that skin/accent. i havent gotten any wildclaws yet. they look like velociraptors to me. how much do older dragons go for?

- - - Post Merge - - -

It's been a while since I last did one of these, but we've had a lot of new people join, so here we go!

There's a Flight Festival coming up soon! It begins on Sunday morning, immediately after Rollover (00:30).

OVERVIEW ON FESTIVALS AND HOW TO MAKE MONEY FROM THEM​

Overview On How Festivals Work

Each Flight has their own elemental festival during the last week of a designated month. June is Light's month, with the Brightshine Jubilee!

During Festivals, you collect Festival Currency, which you can trade for exclusive festival apparel and familiars at the Festive Favors booth. You can either fight in the coliseum for the currency (monsters of the same element and also neutral element monsters have a chance of dropping currency), Craft currency at Baldwin's Bubbling Brew, or find it by gathering in the same region as the festival. This festival is Light's, so use your gathering turns in Light and fight Light monsters! : D Light's currency is the Immaculate Tablet.

what kind of gathering nets the festival dough in Light's area? digging, or scavenging?

it depends on their id number, that 6 one i got for 300k and it was level 15 currently training in it coli to have something to do haha.

if they have good number like my #629000 and higher levels they can go for 400k and up and 4-5 digits go for even more.

cool, like that skin/accent. i havent gotten any wildclaws yet. they look like velociraptors to me. how much do older dragons go for?

- - - Post Merge - - -

what kind of gathering nets the festival dough in Light's area? digging, or scavenging?

Any of them work, including hunting and bug catching. It just needs to be light region.

this handsome fellow was a generous freebie for n00bs today-- he's going to have offspring i think with my Skydancer ladies:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back