• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

TBT's Ninth Annual Easter Egg Hunt

Status
Not open for further replies.
these were some really clever and well made riddles, puzzles, and clues for us to figure out. though i beat my self up for not getting the ones i know i had the answer too, this whole staff team is genius for actually coming up with these. looking forward to next year, and hoping for better luck then, haha.

at the risk of sounding rude, i did say i have severe anxiety which means even in spite of knowing i wouldn't get warned/banned, i still couldn't help panicking/worrying/stressing. just like i panic/worry/stress when the phone rings despite knowing i can ignore the call and/or that nothing bad is going to happen if i answer it. obviously i can't say that's the case for everybody, i'm probably the exception, not the standard. i'm all for unique clues and appreciate the creativity, and don't expect every little thing to cater to me, but it's still maybe something worth considering in future.
Definitely agree, can’t tell you the stress I suffered when I got a warning 🥺🙈 couldn’t risk anything else 🥲

I do wish I could tell the tips to help finding eggs better to improve on next years, but I feel like it's against the rules.
Honestly I was thinking about this too, especially bc I use some mostly useless skills I picked up from crypric crosswords. (Not that I hit a full 25 or anything but yee :’) )
staff how do you feel about folks sharing general tips outside of a specific egg hunt?

I really enjoyed this event, it was my first time participating and I can't wait for the future ones !

dang, i got busy and i couldn't participate 😅
congrats to everyone who got their eggs though! i hope it will be just as fun next year!

Last edited:
I did COLLECTIBLE AND COLLECTIBLES and then Googled 5X2 Thebelltree Forum and it led me to a thread that made me realize it is lineup. There was a poll about your favorite lineup: 5X2 vs 6X2
THIS! THIS IS WHAT I DID! I kept typing in COLLECTIBLE and COLLECTIBLES and it was always wrong.

I happened to stumble across another thread asking about an explanation of your LINEUP and then I was like: ?___? Maybe...?

at the risk of sounding rude, i did say i have severe anxiety which means even in spite of knowing i wouldn't get warned/banned, i still couldn't help panicking/worrying/stressing. just like i panic/worry/stress when the phone rings despite knowing i can ignore the call and/or that nothing bad is going to happen if i answer it. obviously i can't say that's the case for everybody, i'm probably the exception, not the standard. i'm all for unique clues and appreciate the creativity, and don't expect every little thing to cater to me, but it's still maybe something worth considering in future.

I second this. I have autism and social anxiety, and I agree with everything you said

After getting every single one of the eggs, my favourites were probably the ones that took me the longest. Eggs like 17 and especially 8 were very satisfying to finally get (I looked at the blog tree so many times. And I tried so many wrong ideas too)!

My favourite clue was definitely egg 14 this time. Scariest egg ever, posting in CTS for this! But very funny. Well played.

View attachment 366651

Looks like I'm safe, for now.

Very clever how you did this. 😂

I have severe anxiety (social and other forms as well and possibly asperger's not that that matters) but I kinda regret not taking the risk to try for this one. Of course, I only thought the egg was in contact the staff; I didn't think of making a thread. I agree with Mick that this one was well played and actually pretty clever and funny.

Definitely agree, can’t tell you the stress I suffered when I got a warning 🥺🙈 couldn’t risk anything else 🥲

I got a mod spam warning for posting a single smiley in this chat because I thought the last egg wanted me to do that (show Zipper how to smile). TBH, I would have rather gotten another egg. XD :(
Post automatically merged:

Very clever how you did this. 😂

I have severe anxiety (social and other forms as well and possibly asperger's not that that matters) but I kinda regret not taking the risk to try for this one. Of course, I only thought the egg was in contact the staff; I didn't think of making a thread. I agree with Mick that this one was well played and actually pretty clever and funny.

I figured a thread would need to be made because of the second sentence saying "Posted!"

Last edited:
I figured a thread would need to be made because of the second sentence saying "Posted!"
see this completely went over my head, I thought the posted thing referred to a thread that was previously posted, leading me to check all my threads that I had previously made in CTS. after seeing the answer I feel kinda dumb lmao.

see this completely went over my head, I thought the posted thing referred to a thread that was previously posted, leading me to check all my threads that I had previously made in CTS. after seeing the answer I feel kinda dumb lmao.
wait, I'm trying to understand the thought process here. when the egg could only be in one location, and cts you can only view threads you made

like even taking the problem of people that never made a cts thread befre out of this equation, there's still the issue of hard-placed into a single area egg across at least hundreds of different threads

Honestly the only reason I knew I was on the right track (and the only reason I had the guts to do it) was because I got a post deletion/warning for saying "I think I know what I have to do but I don't want to do it" here 🤣 And I still went through all my past cts threads after that LOL

I did like this clue a lot though! even though my anxiety had me shaking after I hit post 😅

Honestly the only reason I knew I was on the right track (and the only reason I had the guts to do it) was because I got a post deletion/warning for saying "I think I know what I have to do but I don't want to do it" here 🤣 And I still went through all my past cts threads after that LOL

I did like this clue a lot though! even though my anxiety had me shaking after I hit post 😅
This is exactly what happened to me, I felt terrible for getting a post deleted then realising it was too revealing lol. I was responding to someone else saying that I knew what they were anxious about or something along those lines. That being said, the warning was clarity lol. My anxiety hit the roof when I went to make the post although it would seem I have a talent for finding things to keep me anxious at all times.

This is exactly what happened to me, I felt terrible for getting a post deleted then realising it was too revealing lol. I was responding to someone else saying that I knew what they were anxious about or something along those lines. That being said, the warning was clarity lol. My anxiety hit the roof when I went to make the post although it would seem I have a talent for finding things to keep me anxious at all times.
Your last sentence resonates with me in such a way that makes me laugh and want to cry at the same time 😅

You know about 14....
I knew the name of the weapon, but in Japanese: bô; and at first I thought it was related to the member BOO, then to the mod BOBO (because there were 2 bô). Just like many others, I get anxiety when I have to call or ask something, so I hesitated A LOT before doing anything, but I wasn't seeing anything else and ended up bothering two innocent people (it was so mortifying!) before looking on the wiki and read "bô-STAFF"...At that point, two or three mistakes weren't going to make much difference, I thought. 😅

And about 2... Not being an English speaker, I didn't get "rain or shine" expression (it was obvious though). I thought it meant something like "cry or smile". And I had way funnier ideas about "stylist spin" ...what? A fancy spinning top? Well...I was clueless about the whole sentence and needed a dictionary to get it. Hehe ...(I should study sometimes)

I'm pretty happy even though I only managed to purchase two eggs - the two eggs I wanted though! I did really like the difficulty of this years' hunt. On previous years I really struggled to get even a handful of eggs. Then again I'm usually really busy with assignments and exams around Easter, had more free time this year 😅 Thanks staff for all your hard work once again and time put into this event 😊

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back